Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 18:00 - Aug 7 with 1825 viewsKeaneish

Voted MoM on here and rightly so. Is he the best like-for-like midfielder in the same mould as Jim Magilton we’ve had in the last 20-years? It’s an early shout but on that performance (all be it League One), it looks very promising. Thoughts?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Evans on 18:01 - Aug 7 with 1797 viewspointofblue

Had a good start though some wayward passing and was caught on the ball a couple of times when he wasn't aware of his surroundings. I thought Harper was by far the Man of the Match.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Evans on 18:04 - Aug 7 with 1743 viewsMetal_Hacker

Think you’ve already commented on a similar post like myself and tend to agree

Not sure how many noticed him running over to congratulate Bonne but also to get him back for the re-take to try and win the game

If we go up this year him and Harper will have a massive input

Like I said in the other post , even after that one performance quite easily my top player for a good number of years

Long may it continue

Poll: If it were one or the other

Evans on 18:04 - Aug 7 with 1740 viewsHighgateBlue

He had a very good game, and things look promising. But if we're going to berate people for being overly unimpressed on the back of one match, the same must go for hyperbolic statements like this too. It's simply far too early to make this kind of call.
Evans on 18:05 - Aug 7 with 1706 viewschrismakin

Magilton/Jamma Combo

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Evans on 18:09 - Aug 7 with 1650 viewsMetal_Hacker

Evans on 18:04 - Aug 7 by HighgateBlue

He had a very good game, and things look promising. But if we're going to berate people for being overly unimpressed on the back of one match, the same must go for hyperbolic statements like this too. It's simply far too early to make this kind of call.

Quite clearly the guy is class

Poll: If it were one or the other

Evans on 18:10 - Aug 7 with 1626 viewsthebooks

Harper for me as he did the difficult knitting between defence and midfield and pinged the ball around. Both good though; really promising partnership.
Evans on 18:12 - Aug 7 with 1604 viewsHighgateBlue

Evans on 18:09 - Aug 7 by Metal_Hacker

Quite clearly the guy is class

On the basis of the evidence we have so far, he's most definitely class for League One. Very very happy with him, and a huuge step up from Cole Skuse.

Talking of which, how did we concede two goals against a guy called Cole S. today? :)
Evans on 18:14 - Aug 7 with 1583 viewsKeaneish

Evans on 18:04 - Aug 7 by HighgateBlue

I did acknowledge that in my post.

Off the ball he’s a leader too. I saw one wayward pass toward the end and he got caught on the ball once. Given it’s first game of the season I think he can be forgiven for that given some of his passing and it’s range. The ball he played into the box for Penney / Fraser in the last 5 minutes or so from such a straight angle was sublime.

Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 18:19 - Aug 7 with 1514 viewsBelsteadCav

Harper for me

Best player on the pitch by miles

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Evans on 18:30 - Aug 7 with 1421 viewsKeaneish

Evans on 18:19 - Aug 7 by BelsteadCav

Harper for me

Funny how people see the game. I thought Evans was head and shoulders above Harper but each to their own. Thing we can all agree, given that’s the first game, it was an excellent debut for both.

Thought Burns looked the better of Chaplin and Fraser. The latter two drifted in and out of the game a bit and never really dominated their man. Looking forward to seeing Pigott more this season.

Evans on 18:34 - Aug 7 with 1397 viewspointofblue

Evans on 18:30 - Aug 7 by Keaneish

Funny how people see the game. I thought Evans was head and shoulders above Harper but each to their own. Thing we can all agree, given that’s the first game, it was an excellent debut for both.

Thought Burns looked the better of Chaplin and Fraser. The latter two drifted in and out of the game a bit and never really dominated their man. Looking forward to seeing Pigott more this season.

I didn't think Burns, Fraser or Chaplin did much of note at all, bar the goal for Fraser. Burns continually ran into cul-de-sacs, Fraser continually gave the ball away and Chaplin was non-existent, in fairness we didn't really get him into the game. I agree, Pigott looked very promising.

Evans on 18:40 - Aug 7 with 1353 viewsBelsteadCav

Don’t get me wrong, Evans was excellent…. But I liked the way Harper moved the ball quickly and looked to go forward

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Evans on 18:45 - Aug 7 with 1316 viewsIllinoisblue

Harper for me

Harper reminded me of Matt Holland. Does a lot of work, a lot of simple but important moving of the ball. And as someone said, Evans a bit like Magilton with his passing. Encouraging signs.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Evans on 19:26 - Aug 7 with 1214 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Yes played well in terms of passing, but looked a little short, caught in possession a couple of times. Solid for me. Harper the stand out today though and together they looked excellent

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Evans on 19:35 - Aug 7 with 1138 viewsOsborneOneNil

Didn’t see the game but from reading the comments it sounds like both Evans and Harper are a huge step up from Skuse.

At least people can now see how poor/average Cole was. Nice bloke though.
Evans on 19:42 - Aug 7 with 1100 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Evans on 19:55 - Aug 7 with 1042 viewsITFC1977

As you say we all see the game different. I thought Burns was poor for the most part but plenty of time for it all to click.
Evans on 20:03 - Aug 7 with 993 viewspointofblue

Evans on 19:42 - Aug 7 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I guess that's the thing about quality players at any level - they might do nothing for most of the match, or even hinder us, (and that can definitely be said for Fraser and Chaplin) but when it clicks we have a chance.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 20:06]

Evans on 20:07 - Aug 7 with 973 viewsStewart27

Yep MOM for me.

Harper did more of the stuff you don’t notice excellently.

Said to my mates before the game I don’t know who to look out for as we have 8/9 new starters. Evans stuck out a mile in a positive way.

Has the Holland/Magilton about him.
Evans on 20:13 - Aug 7 with 955 viewsHerbivore

Harper for me

Agreed. Harper was class. Evans did fine. He looks a good League 1 midfielder.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Evans on 20:43 - Aug 7 with 868 viewsLankHenners

Evans on 18:45 - Aug 7 by Illinoisblue

Harper reminded me of Matt Holland. Does a lot of work, a lot of simple but important moving of the ball. And as someone said, Evans a bit like Magilton with his passing. Encouraging signs.

What was great about the pair of them was that they wanted the ball and knew what to do with it when they got it, often moving it forwards within 3 or 4 touches. Think Cook was right that they ended up trying to do too many people’s jobs but a very encouraging start.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Evans on 20:49 - Aug 7 with 836 viewsCuffy81

Harper for me

I thought Harper was excellent, I can only remember one misplaced pass towards the end, gets his head up and looks to pass forward whenever possible
Evans on 20:56 - Aug 7 with 795 viewstimothyeo

I thought they both done well on the ball, but the way Morecambe were able to pass straight through our central midfield was very concerning - better teams in this league would exploit that comfortably.
Evans on 21:29 - Aug 7 with 687 viewsKeaneish

Evans on 20:13 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

Agreed. Harper was class. Evans did fine. He looks a good League 1 midfielder.

I can see this being the new fan split this season, Harper vs Evans. Evans passing for me today was one of the highlights; pin point accuracy to switch the play constantly to Penney and KVY who were often hugging the touch line and some good incisive balls forward. Different to Harper for sure - looking forward to seeing who comes in to compliment these two.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024