Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR 20:01 - Aug 7 with 2635 viewsDublinBlue84

Think there was some kind of montage about the club history before kick off. Couldn't hear a word of it. In fact, I barely understood a word of anything that was said over the PA today apart from the part when there was a minutes applause for Paul Mariner. Probably not helped by replacing Rob Chandler with Foster. Good radio presenter and host for fans forums, not a matchday announcer for me.

Also I had no idea who scored for them or their subs until after the match, since not only was it impossible to hear anything over the PA, it seems that whoever operated the scoreboard decided not to bother with things such a subs, scorers or scores from other games. Did the old scoreboard man get the chop along with Chandler?

Also the service at the bars and the stock is still shocking, despite no cash.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 20:02]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:03 - Aug 7 with 2258 viewsGeoffSentence

It wasmt working at all in Sir Alf Lower.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:08 - Aug 7 with 2230 viewsPhilTWTD

Mike O'Leary said at the EGM that they're basically going to have to start again with the PA. If I have time I might dig out the quotes and run a story.
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:23 - Aug 7 with 2166 viewsDublinBlue84

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:08 - Aug 7 by PhilTWTD

Mike O'Leary said at the EGM that they're basically going to have to start again with the PA. If I have time I might dig out the quotes and run a story.

That does not surprise me at all as it's been bad for years now.

However with this in mind, it's a little bit strange that they've stopped putting scorers names and subs, half time scores etc on the scoreboard and are only announcing them over the PA that is almost impossible to decipher.

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:24 - Aug 7 with 2149 viewschrismakin

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:23 - Aug 7 by DublinBlue84

That does not surprise me at all as it's been bad for years now.

However with this in mind, it's a little bit strange that they've stopped putting scorers names and subs, half time scores etc on the scoreboard and are only announcing them over the PA that is almost impossible to decipher.

Also not helpful if you're death!

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:26 - Aug 7 with 2132 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Couldn't hear a thing that the announcer was saying. Music isn't much better. Lets hope this is one of the things the owners are ging to be fixing

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:28 - Aug 7 with 2096 viewslongtimefan

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:24 - Aug 7 by chrismakin

Also not helpful if you're death!

Do they let you into the ground with the scythe?
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:38 - Aug 7 with 2048 viewsRoola

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:28 - Aug 7 by longtimefan

Do they let you into the ground with the scythe?

Completely agree with these comments. My 5 year old mentioned the sound and said it's very loud but I can't understand what they are saying. It seemed worse than i remember.
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 21:01 - Aug 7 with 1993 viewsWickets

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:03 - Aug 7 by GeoffSentence

It wasmt working at all in Sir Alf Lower.

Same in lower Sir Bobby . I think it is on Ashton's list though .
Login to get fewer ads

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 21:01 - Aug 7 with 1999 viewsPhilTWTD

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:38 - Aug 7 by Roola

Completely agree with these comments. My 5 year old mentioned the sound and said it's very loud but I can't understand what they are saying. It seemed worse than i remember.

I think they've been having a tweak with it from what was said the other night. Some areas are very loud, some very quiet.
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 21:05 - Aug 7 with 1975 viewsGiant_Midget

I couldn't hear the PA so looked for subs on the scoreboards, but those didn't have the info either.
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 21:15 - Aug 7 with 1921 viewsEastTownBlue

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 21:05 - Aug 7 by Giant_Midget

I couldn't hear the PA so looked for subs on the scoreboards, but those didn't have the info either.

Presumably because Signs Express no longer sponsor "there is no substitute for Signs Express".
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 21:15]
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 21:16 - Aug 7 with 1915 viewshappybeingblue

couldnt hear anything in upper west just a muffled noise at ht which was a shame as had paul mariner tribute i read pre game anyway.
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 21:31 - Aug 7 with 1862 viewsRegencyBlue

Evans really didn’t leave anything that worked did he?!
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 21:42 - Aug 7 with 1829 viewsPhilTWTD

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 21:31 - Aug 7 by RegencyBlue

Evans really didn’t leave anything that worked did he?!

To be honest, I'm not sure the PA has worked in the new North Stand since it was built!
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 21:48 - Aug 7 with 1805 viewsDublinBlue84

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 21:16 - Aug 7 by happybeingblue

couldnt hear anything in upper west just a muffled noise at ht which was a shame as had paul mariner tribute i read pre game anyway.

Same for me in the Sir Alf stand side of the Upper West, the volume is not the major problem there, but the clarity of sound is.

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 22:08 - Aug 7 with 1753 viewsMullet

Can’t you just get him to repeat them for us all? Bloody rubbish in Churchmans too which is probably all people need to know.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 22:27 - Aug 7 with 1682 viewsThe_Major

Yep, I think the PA is on the list, tied in with the big screen they mentioned the other night. Which I assume is going Sir Alf/Cobbold corner.

There's several things I expect they want to do so at least the ground looks like it belongs in the 21st century (stand by for LED advertising hoardings no doubt) - but first things first - get the team sorted
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 07:46 - Aug 8 with 1510 viewstonybied

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 22:27 - Aug 7 by The_Major

Yep, I think the PA is on the list, tied in with the big screen they mentioned the other night. Which I assume is going Sir Alf/Cobbold corner.

There's several things I expect they want to do so at least the ground looks like it belongs in the 21st century (stand by for LED advertising hoardings no doubt) - but first things first - get the team sorted

I would say that for health and safety reasons this should be moved to the to of the list of things most important to be fixed.

If we find ourselves in an emergency situation where clear guidance over the PA system is required then this may cause confusion and make the situation worse.
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 07:50 - Aug 8 with 1497 viewsEly_Blue

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 07:46 - Aug 8 by tonybied

I would say that for health and safety reasons this should be moved to the to of the list of things most important to be fixed.

If we find ourselves in an emergency situation where clear guidance over the PA system is required then this may cause confusion and make the situation worse.

Ironically enough the only thing I could hear clearly in SARL was the safety announcement

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 07:51 - Aug 8 with 1491 viewspointofblue

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 07:46 - Aug 8 by tonybied

If there's an emergency situation the alarm will sound prior to it which will silence the crowd - as said before, the one time it was clear was the end of the Paul Mariner tribute when everyone was quiet.

Though of course the PA should be audible at all times.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 08:03 - Aug 8 with 1469 viewstonybied

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 07:51 - Aug 8 by pointofblue

If there's an emergency situation the alarm will sound prior to it which will silence the crowd - as said before, the one time it was clear was the end of the Paul Mariner tribute when everyone was quiet.

Though of course the PA should be audible at all times.

I'm talking about a disaster type situation where people would need clear guidance on where to evacuate the stadium safely and avoid any danger. The area of the stand involved maybe in complete panic and silence is unlikely.

I know this situation is extremely unlikely to ever happen but it's the first thing that people would point fingers at if it ever did.

Although it's not going to be a cheap 'win' like painting lines, cleaning seats, vinyl wrapping windows etc. I feel it's an important one for the reason above and don't think it should wait until we're in the league above.
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 17:54 - Aug 8 with 1336 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Do you know if they have 'look at the acoustics' on their list? We've been fed "nothing much can be done apart from moving fans" for years but I'd quite like a second opinion!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 18:00 - Aug 8 with 1318 viewsChurchman

Indeed he did. It’s on the list along with 100s of other things. Oh the price of neglect!

It’ll be interesting to see what things look like in 18 months time. Also, how the catering is after the existing contract runs out and presumably suppliers replaced..
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 19:57 - Aug 8 with 1239 viewsistanblue

'Foz' is awful. #BringBackRob
The PA system is worse than I can remember at PR on 20:02 - Aug 8 with 918 viewshype313

Don't know what is going on with the acoustics but it was dire, albeit a bit better than previous weeks.

What annoyed me was just before KO the music was still playing and that should be when the crowd really gets going, made it a bit of a damp start.

Hopefully they will get some feedback on these minor, but annoying issues.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024