Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid checks 20:28 - Aug 7 with 2089 viewsMeadowlark

At the turnstile check today my NHS App wouldn't load. Several others in the queue had the same problem, but we were waved through nevertheless. No one asked for photo ID and no one searched my backpack. So all that fretting about what was needed to gain access was for nothing. I'm not complaining, just observing.

However, in the pub before the game we had to check-in, give our names and contact details and wait for table service, just like in the bad old days. Was it just that we picked the wrong pub or are all pubs in Ipswich still doing this?
Covid checks on 20:32 - Aug 7 with 2046 viewslongtimefan

No one policed the wearing of masks on concourses/toilets either. I reckon it must have been fewer than 5% actually bothering.
Covid checks on 20:37 - Aug 7 with 1981 viewsGeoffSentence

Black Horse was just like normal.

Except they had no beer.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Covid checks on 20:49 - Aug 7 with 1915 viewsSitfcB

What pub was that? Been in a number of pubs the last few weeks and had none of that, all back to normal.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Covid checks on 20:51 - Aug 7 with 1890 viewsMeadowlark

Covid checks on 20:49 - Aug 7 by SitfcB

What pub was that? Been in a number of pubs the last few weeks and had none of that, all back to normal.

Spread Eagle
Covid checks on 20:52 - Aug 7 with 1877 viewsSitfcB

Covid checks on 20:37 - Aug 7 by GeoffSentence

Black Horse was just like normal.

Except they had no beer.

Did they run out?

First ever game for the new landlords so will learn I’m sure.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Covid checks on 21:02 - Aug 7 with 1828 viewsDebsyAngel

Yep, my NHS App would not load, and could barely use my phone. This has always been a problem with Portman Road and when 20K people are all using the network, makes it even worse.

I am glad we bought our vaccination cards/cash cards with us. my husband did get questioned about his ID, as he had a printed ticket, but got in ok in the end. We had nothing said about bringing a flask of coffee in and 2 bottles of coke.

I didn;t have my mask on in my seat but did wear it walking in/when went to the loo. Just making observations from my point of view too.
Covid checks on 21:03 - Aug 7 with 1817 viewsGeoffSentence

Covid checks on 20:52 - Aug 7 by SitfcB

Did they run out?

No bitters or ales on tap. Apparently they ran out last night. Yep, i'm sure the new landlord will get there.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Covid checks on 21:18 - Aug 7 with 1739 viewshappybeingblue

sounds like the wrong pub i went in 2 and no restrictions at all. before and after game.
Login to get fewer ads

Covid checks on 22:03 - Aug 7 with 1616 viewstownblue

Covid checks on 20:52 - Aug 7 by SitfcB

Did they run out?

It was really quiet after the game too, but reckon that was due to the beer shortage
Covid checks on 07:31 - Aug 8 with 1341 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

You honestly thought that each and every app would be checked?

It was simply lip service to those that pull the strings. No one was ever going to be turned away.
Covid checks on 07:40 - Aug 8 with 1314 viewsEly_Blue

I’m not sure if anyone knows this but you can add your covid pass to your Apple wallet (I assume that it’s the same for android) so you have it saved alongside loyalty cards in the same place that you would save your flight boarding passes, we only discovered this in the middle of the week as I feared the pass not loading. It’s also possible to save an offline copy on your phone as I had to do this for travel 2 weeks ago

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Covid checks on 07:58 - Aug 8 with 1263 viewsIpswichKnight

I downloaded my COVID pass to my wallet on my iPhone, though in the end no one was checking the queue I was in the queues either side were being checked. Now I have switched to a 5G enabled phone I can get a signal inside the ground.
Covid checks on 08:04 - Aug 8 with 1236 viewsfallyblue

It’s much easier if you take a screenshot of the app, saves time and avoids connection problems
Covid checks on 08:04 - Aug 8 with 1235 viewsWD19

Covid checks on 07:58 - Aug 8 by IpswichKnight

I downloaded my COVID pass to my wallet on my iPhone, though in the end no one was checking the queue I was in the queues either side were being checked. Now I have switched to a 5G enabled phone I can get a signal inside the ground.

I took a screen grab of mine and it was checked, albeit only a cursory glance with no attempt to validate that the pass was actually mine.

Presumably at some point the club might tighten it up and the blubbing when people arrive 5 minutes before kick off and miss some of the game…..or get turned away altogether…..will be epic.
Covid checks on 08:23 - Aug 8 with 1164 viewsHerbivore

Covid checks on 20:32 - Aug 7 by longtimefan

No one policed the wearing of masks on concourses/toilets either. I reckon it must have been fewer than 5% actually bothering.

Definitely way under 5% wearing one in the concourse at my end of the lower North. Shame to see such a lack of personal responsibility from almost all our fans.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Covid checks on 13:51 - Aug 8 with 950 viewslongtimefan

Covid checks on 08:23 - Aug 8 by Herbivore

Definitely way under 5% wearing one in the concourse at my end of the lower North. Shame to see such a lack of personal responsibility from almost all our fans.

I was in the lower SAR and given the demographic of the stand was really surprised by the lack of people following the stated rules.
Covid checks on 14:51 - Aug 8 with 844 viewsBloomBlue

Very few in the stands wore masks, COVID is over people have moved from it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024