Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 22:25 - Aug 7 with 8936 viewstextbackup

18 months away from ‘home’

And 80% of the heroic north stand stood in silence

It’s honestly fcking painful

If you sit there, and don’t bother singing, why are you there?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No subject on 22:27 - Aug 7 with 5018 viewstextbackup

Zx1988

Go on....

No subject on 22:27 - Aug 7 with 5008 viewsJ2BLUE

Are you asking the entire stadium or just those in SBR Lower?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No subject on 22:37 - Aug 7 with 4943 viewstextbackup

No subject on 22:27 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

Are you asking the entire stadium or just those in SBR Lower?

NSL - I can’t comment on others

No subject on 22:38 - Aug 7 with 4925 viewsJ2BLUE

No subject on 22:37 - Aug 7 by textbackup

NSL - I can’t comment on others

I agree then. Singing should be a basic requirement in that area.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No subject on 22:40 - Aug 7 with 4894 viewschrismakin

Probably those who go to a q&a and not want to ask a question.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

No subject on 22:41 - Aug 7 with 4917 viewstextbackup

No subject on 22:38 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

I agree then. Singing should be a basic requirement in that area.

Blokes, lads, who wear all the lovely clobber.... stand there with zero about them.

If you aren’t there to sing, why are you there

No subject on 02:13 - Aug 8 with 4621 viewsfloridablue

No subject on 22:41 - Aug 7 by textbackup

Blokes, lads, who wear all the lovely clobber.... stand there with zero about them.

If you aren’t there to sing, why are you there

Flicking back and forth between two of tonight's MLS evening games and both stadiums are rocking! Orlando playing up in the sold out Cincinnati one and then over to Orlando's ex coach, Adrian (ex Everton) Heaths sold out Minnesota Loons. Non stop singing and flag waving from the safe standing, behind the goal areas even when the opposition attacks!
No subject on 07:22 - Aug 8 with 4431 viewsBloomBlue

We still have COVID hopefully those singing were all wearing their masks or can we forget about COVID now the football season has started?
Login to get fewer ads

No subject on 07:26 - Aug 8 with 4414 viewsPrideOfTheEast

As we’ve all said for years - surely a group needs to move away from the North to one of the side stands. It simply doesn’t work at the moment - partly because there are too many people down there, plenty of whom don’t sing, but also because of the acoustics.

Didn’t think much at all of the atmosphere yesterday. Not just the noise level but the general lack of getting behind the side when behind.
No subject on 07:46 - Aug 8 with 4330 viewsMerseyBlue

No subject on 07:26 - Aug 8 by PrideOfTheEast

As we’ve all said for years - surely a group needs to move away from the North to one of the side stands. It simply doesn’t work at the moment - partly because there are too many people down there, plenty of whom don’t sing, but also because of the acoustics.

Didn’t think much at all of the atmosphere yesterday. Not just the noise level but the general lack of getting behind the side when behind.

There's something in that - when we've had big crowds in the past and I've had to sit in the Cobbold, I've always been left infuriated by the quietness. The last time I sat there I managed to get a "come on you blues" going for a short spell and a woman scowled at me for the duration.

In her defence, I'm no Tom Jones.

It's always annoyed me that our fans don't seem to be able to keep a song going for long enough to be effective. Blue Action try but not enough others follow.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

No subject on 07:53 - Aug 8 with 4295 viewspointofblue

No subject on 07:46 - Aug 8 by MerseyBlue

There's something in that - when we've had big crowds in the past and I've had to sit in the Cobbold, I've always been left infuriated by the quietness. The last time I sat there I managed to get a "come on you blues" going for a short spell and a woman scowled at me for the duration.

In her defence, I'm no Tom Jones.

It's always annoyed me that our fans don't seem to be able to keep a song going for long enough to be effective. Blue Action try but not enough others follow.

Same. The only stand I haven't sat innis Cobbold but felt self conscious about singing in the Sir Alf or West Stands because I'm often surrounded by people who seem to be irate at the thought of it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

No subject on 08:03 - Aug 8 with 4258 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

No subject on 07:53 - Aug 8 by pointofblue

Same. The only stand I haven't sat innis Cobbold but felt self conscious about singing in the Sir Alf or West Stands because I'm often surrounded by people who seem to be irate at the thought of it.

I used to jump around the North when I was in my late teens, now I’m mid forties I don’t feel the same urge or need to make a noise.

I sit happily with my own thoughts and slope off quietly on 88.

Not everyone likes to sing, it’s not big deal. Perhaps new songs are required?
No subject on 08:06 - Aug 8 with 4241 viewsYallop

Paid my money and supported the club through thick and thin for 40 odd years. My seat/ stand in the north holds a lot of memories so I'll pick and choose when i join the singing if that's ok with you
No subject on 08:09 - Aug 8 with 4207 viewsCuffy81

It was quiet.

Me and the bloke in front of me tried to get some chants going second half but no one seemed interested 😑
No subject on 08:11 - Aug 8 with 4180 viewsMerseyBlue

No subject on 07:53 - Aug 8 by pointofblue

When I was younger I used to feel like that in any of the other stands but now I will always give it a go and normally you get a good amount of others join in for a bit. Definitely some that just don't want any involvement but I think part of the problem is that people know those stands don't really sing so therefore go along with that as they don't want to stand out. Would be great to have the whole ground make some proper noise.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

No subject on 08:16 - Aug 8 with 4157 viewsbluejacko

Wasn’t there but some posters here and on other sites say the atmosphere was good although muted after their second goal!
IIRC after the Palace game a few of you on here could not wait to criticise the singing calling it ‘cringeworthy’ and then have a moan because it was supposedly flat yesterday!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 8:19]
No subject on 08:17 - Aug 8 with 4147 viewsPlums

No subject on 07:26 - Aug 8 by PrideOfTheEast

Block E in the Pioneer/ Britannia used to make a right old racket back in the day. Good acoustics too. Time for a revival?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

No subject on 08:18 - Aug 8 with 4142 viewstownblue

No subject on 08:09 - Aug 8 by Cuffy81

It was quiet.

Me and the bloke in front of me tried to get some chants going second half but no one seemed interested 😑

I think it's just really hard with the acoustics. Even people really near you are quite hard to hear.
No subject on 08:21 - Aug 8 with 4119 viewstextbackup

No subject on 08:06 - Aug 8 by Yallop

Paid my money and supported the club through thick and thin for 40 odd years. My seat/ stand in the north holds a lot of memories so I'll pick and choose when i join the singing if that's ok with you

And that’s the problem, too many sit there for some nostalgic reasons, without being there to actually support.
View is sht too, not even like there’s anything to gain from sitting there if you aren’t there to sing

No subject on 08:21 - Aug 8 with 4109 viewssotd78

I'm now 63. It was ever thus. Sir Bobby called us zombies once. We're sleepy Suffolk. Get used to it. I used to start chants and cajole singers in my late teens early twenties. I still join in from my tartan blanket seat. But take a really good look around. We're a quite old demographic.
Rail seating with no reservations would be one answer but that ain't happening for a very long time I think.
I suggested to the club years ago to make Cobbold A a cheap under 25 walk up and sit anywhere area. That fell on deaf ears and in Covid times would be a no no.
The positive counter point to our relative quiet is that we're also quite slow to get on the player's backs. It's two sides to a coin.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

No subject on 08:22 - Aug 8 with 4105 viewstextbackup

No subject on 08:16 - Aug 8 by bluejacko

Wasn’t there but some posters here and on other sites say the atmosphere was good although muted after their second goal!
IIRC after the Palace game a few of you on here could not wait to criticise the singing calling it ‘cringeworthy’ and then have a moan because it was supposedly flat yesterday!

Didn’t go to palace game - so can’t comment

No subject on 08:31 - Aug 8 with 4048 viewsYallop

No subject on 08:21 - Aug 8 by textbackup

And that’s the problem, too many sit there for some nostalgic reasons, without being there to actually support.
View is sht too, not even like there’s anything to gain from sitting there if you aren’t there to sing

Not there to actually support???

Like i said I'll pick and choose which songs i sing and the views spot on cheers
No subject on 08:38 - Aug 8 with 3991 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

No subject on 08:16 - Aug 8 by bluejacko

It’s not mutually exclusive to be in favour of singing and against racist chants

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

No subject on 08:52 - Aug 8 with 3909 viewsCuffy81

No subject on 08:18 - Aug 8 by townblue

I think it's just really hard with the acoustics. Even people really near you are quite hard to hear.

Agreed, the acoustics in the NSL are poor, doesn't help trying to create an atmosphere

Everyone has the right to support their club how they want too but ultimately if we want Portman Road to become a fortress then more noise than yesterday would help..
No subject on 09:02 - Aug 8 with 3848 viewsBluespeed225

Since someone decided to replace ‘Blue n white’ with ‘Barmy’, it hasn’t been the same. Bobby/Jonny/George/BIg Fat Joe’s, Blue n White army created a tempo, was easy for all to get involved in, and could go on for 15 minutes plus. Needs to return.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024