Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere a bit flat I thought 23:16 - Aug 7 with 2751 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Especially for the first game back after so long. I guess seeing us go 1-0 down to Morecambe didn't help.But just can't seem to get one song going across a whole stand, except Blue Army.I Have to moan about something, its been too long.

But more positive.
Harper class.
Evans Class.
Really liked the look of Fraser but would like to see him central.
CB needed ASAP
Coulson probably will get the nod over Penney.

We will be ok this season
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 23:20]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 23:20 - Aug 7 with 2427 viewschrismakin

Weve had 3 years of failure and 3 years of being let down I think most esp when we went 0-1 down were thinking here we go again.

I said earlier the crowd didnt even sound like it was driving us on to get an equaliser... but probably because we are used to seeing games out without a hint of scoring a last minute goal.

When the trust returns the atmosphere will imo.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 23:21 - Aug 7 with 2419 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 23:20 - Aug 7 by chrismakin

Weve had 3 years of failure and 3 years of being let down I think most esp when we went 0-1 down were thinking here we go again.

I said earlier the crowd didnt even sound like it was driving us on to get an equaliser... but probably because we are used to seeing games out without a hint of scoring a last minute goal.

When the trust returns the atmosphere will imo.

Probably a good point. Hopefully it will.

Alternatively they could revert the North stand back to one tier. That is the last time the atmosphere was really good

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 23:28 - Aug 7 with 2377 viewstextbackup

Atmosphere was utter sht. No idea why 75% of of fans even go to games

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 23:33 - Aug 7 with 2336 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 23:28 - Aug 7 by textbackup

Slightly stronger words than I used, but essentially yes.

Lots of arms folded, mouths shut.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 23:34]

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 23:54 - Aug 7 with 2230 viewsRyorry

Wow - it sounded superb in iFollow, bit of a shock to find from those actually there that wasn't the case.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 23:59 - Aug 7 with 2197 viewspointofblue

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 23:54 - Aug 7 by Ryorry

Wow - it sounded superb in iFollow, bit of a shock to find from those actually there that wasn't the case.

I thought it was good until Morecambe went 2-1 up, then it was awful.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 00:01 - Aug 8 with 2178 viewsRyorry

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 23:59 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

I thought it was good until Morecambe went 2-1 up, then it was awful.

Ah - I'd gone out at that point.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 00:01 - Aug 8 with 2184 viewsTractorWood

It's part of the reason I didn't go. After some of those England games, Germany particularly, I'm not sure I can handle 45 people singing 'come on you blues' when we get a corner.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 00:07 - Aug 8 with 2160 viewsChrisabian

The two Morecambe goals really knocked the stuffing out of the atmosphere. First goal was poorly dealt with by the defence and it was probably the shock of 'christ, we just went 1 down to Morecambe' that played a part.

Second goal was a REAL atmosphere killer, the manner of it and when we looked like taking control and going onto win. It knocked the wind right out of my sails and Paul Cook said it even completely flattened him.

There's still the problem of the left side of the North Lower not being in sync with the right side, and quite often there's a group on the left and a group on the right starting different chants at the same time almost to out-do one another. I'm basically right in the middle and hear different chants going at the same time, and the same chant at different stages!

Blue Action have moved or are moving more towards one block in the middle aren't they? Or wasn't that possible in the end? It didn't have any effect today if it did happen unfortunately, but again, going behind twice to a newly promoted team after all the hype and anticipation just knocked things a bit really.

Do fully agree though that there are a lot of North Lower ST holders who don't make a sound all game. There's some directly next to me, left and right, who I've never heard even speak.

Would be class if somehow the chant starters on the left and right could get together and get things going as a unit, but obviously not possible now the season is started and season tickets are bought and paid for where they are.

Edit: Should say absolutely no offence meant towards Morecambe, who played well and I could see a big group of their away following bouncing all game.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 0:09]
Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 00:20 - Aug 8 with 2097 viewsSeablu

Attendees with the attention span and perception of a bluebottle.
Not unique to Ipswich, but a painful reflection of the way ‘consumers’ of the modern game respond these days.
Couldn’t find a way of shoehorning the words ‘fans ‘ or ‘supporters’ into the response.
They’re just people who turn up.
Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 06:52 - Aug 8 with 1844 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 07:08 - Aug 8 with 1786 viewsthebooks

Paul Cook was trying to get the South Stand going in the second half. He’ll learn.

North Stand was loud in bits. TBF, it has been absolutely shìte football for about 15 years, so going 1-0 down at home to Morecambe will puncture any excitement that had built up.
Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 07:10 - Aug 8 with 1777 viewsBloomBlue

I thought the atmosphere was ok. Some people I think are rightly concerned about COVID and don't want to be shouting/singing with their mouths open for long periods, good to see quite a few still wore masks while in the stadium. I also think a lot were expecting an easy 3, 4-0 win, I heard a few moaning about unable to beat the mighty Morecambe. Throw in many false dawns over recent seasons and you can see why things went quiet at 0-1, unfortunately it's at the very stage when you need the crowd more.
Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 07:28 - Aug 8 with 1719 viewsdepressed

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 00:07 - Aug 8 by Chrisabian

The two Morecambe goals really knocked the stuffing out of the atmosphere. First goal was poorly dealt with by the defence and it was probably the shock of 'christ, we just went 1 down to Morecambe' that played a part.

Second goal was a REAL atmosphere killer, the manner of it and when we looked like taking control and going onto win. It knocked the wind right out of my sails and Paul Cook said it even completely flattened him.

There's still the problem of the left side of the North Lower not being in sync with the right side, and quite often there's a group on the left and a group on the right starting different chants at the same time almost to out-do one another. I'm basically right in the middle and hear different chants going at the same time, and the same chant at different stages!

Blue Action have moved or are moving more towards one block in the middle aren't they? Or wasn't that possible in the end? It didn't have any effect today if it did happen unfortunately, but again, going behind twice to a newly promoted team after all the hype and anticipation just knocked things a bit really.

Do fully agree though that there are a lot of North Lower ST holders who don't make a sound all game. There's some directly next to me, left and right, who I've never heard even speak.

Would be class if somehow the chant starters on the left and right could get together and get things going as a unit, but obviously not possible now the season is started and season tickets are bought and paid for where they are.

Edit: Should say absolutely no offence meant towards Morecambe, who played well and I could see a big group of their away following bouncing all game.

I agree and the singing of two different songs simultaneously is a mess.
Also thought the drummer was put on gardening leave.

Kickit

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:16 - Aug 8 with 1578 viewsN2_Blue

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 00:01 - Aug 8 by TractorWood

It's part of the reason I didn't go. After some of those England games, Germany particularly, I'm not sure I can handle 45 people singing 'come on you blues' when we get a corner.

Part of the reason you didn't go....Wow what a supporter of your club you are.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:36 - Aug 8 with 1491 viewsArnieM

The crowd went flat after each gift was presented to Morecombe , because they were absolute howlers of a mistake…especially the second 9ne when we were looking to build up a head of steam and go on to win the game.

The fans are finding their feet too. It’s a completely new team out there and half the time I found myself saying , “who did that”…..there wasn’t the fluidity at times in our play, and the crown responds to that especially…..hence the periods of flatness from the crowd. But like the this new team, the atmosphere will build. Trust me it will be a case of Hang on to yer hats guys!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:38 - Aug 8 with 1474 viewsTractorWood

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:16 - Aug 8 by N2_Blue

Part of the reason you didn't go....Wow what a supporter of your club you are.

People who know me on this forum know I've been following us home and away for pretty much every game for a decade. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:38 - Aug 8 with 1474 viewsITFC_Forever

The trouble with the SBRL is that it’s been all-seater for almost 30 years.

There’s people in that part of the stadium who were in their 20s and 30s when it first went all-seater and loved a chant as much as anyone. Now those people are in their 50s and 60s aren’t as inclined to sing and chant, but like their seat and the view from it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:47 - Aug 8 with 1426 viewspointofblue

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:38 - Aug 8 by ITFC_Forever

The trouble with the SBRL is that it’s been all-seater for almost 30 years.

There’s people in that part of the stadium who were in their 20s and 30s when it first went all-seater and loved a chant as much as anyone. Now those people are in their 50s and 60s aren’t as inclined to sing and chant, but like their seat and the view from it.

I think the acoustics of the stand is a bigger problem than it being an all seater. The design of the single tier stand we had until 2001 meant that sound was projected outwards, to the other three stands, which not only generated confidence in joining in but also led to call and responses with the visiting fans. Now, if you're sitting in the Sir Alf, you can barely hear those in the Sir Bobby even when they're in full voice - the sound gets lost upwards.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:48 - Aug 8 with 1419 viewsMattinLondon

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:38 - Aug 8 by TractorWood

People who know me on this forum know I've been following us home and away for pretty much every game for a decade. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

So apart from just saying that you haven’t missed a game in ten years - you don’t have anything to prove?
Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:55 - Aug 8 with 1383 viewsTractorWood

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 00:07 - Aug 8 by Chrisabian

It's the acoustics of the lower north, not disorganised fans. Over the years, I've stood in basically every part of the lower North and at different points at the edge of sections, you realise how awfully sound resonates there, meaning fans can't be harmonious.

It will never be conducive those massive roars or chants you can hear at the Holte end at Villa, or Derby, City Ground, Wolves is also extremely loud with all that noise captured in the Jack Hayward (?). These are all great fans but they also have decent setups.

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:56 - Aug 8 with 1369 viewsTractorWood

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 08:48 - Aug 8 by MattinLondon

So apart from just saying that you haven’t missed a game in ten years - you don’t have anything to prove?

Exactly that. Thanks for confirming.

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 09:17 - Aug 8 with 1261 views3_5_2

I thought it great in the build up and first few minutes but disappointed we didnt get behind the team more when we went one down

Huge when we scored and better as we expected to go on and win it

their 2nd killed it and some people left (never understand that) The roar for equaliser was great but overall I felt there were large periods of quiet

Its true the 2 tier North just dosnt work well

Hopefully it will get better with better perfromances

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 09:21 - Aug 8 with 1227 viewsHerbivore

Think they probably go to watch the football, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Atmosphere a bit flat I thought on 09:29 - Aug 8 with 1180 viewsWarkystache

Well I know I'm a bit hoarse this morning!

The SBR Lower need something to feed off from the pitch. I thought it went quiet when we were finding our way back into the game. I also think we need a new defence - hope Edmundson is fit and this is being addressed. Otherwise, we looked promising. I'd have switched Chaplin and Fraser around as well.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024