Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolfy 09:01 - Aug 8 with 865 viewsquad

Woolfy has got a lot of stick on here which I understand but I admit that I feel a bit sorry for him. He's just too laid back for his own good.

I didn't see the game and I'm not trying to defend him but from the highlight clips of the goals it appears others are also at fault so I don't think he is entirely to blame.

For the first goal Penney gives him an absolute hospital pass.

For the second goal Evans had 2 chances to stop Stockton. The first chance he may or may not have been able to put a tackle in as he was behind him, but he certainly got close enough to foul him and take a booking for the team. The second chance he slid on the ground to block a potential shot but he didn't get close enough which enabled Stockton to just take the ball around him.

I won't be popular for saying this as others have said he had a great game, but I do think he was at least partially to blame for their second goal.
Woolfy on 09:03 - Aug 8 with 826 viewsquad

Oops got the goals the wrong way round.

Penney partially at fault for the 2nd, Evans partially at fault for the 1st.

My bad.
Woolfy on 09:04 - Aug 8 with 823 viewspointofblue

Other way round - Evans blocked him off for the first goal (out of our four defenders he was least to blame for that one) and Penney played him a hospital ball for the second which, in hindsight, he should have put his boot through. Penney had a better game than Woolfenden overall.

ETA - Ah you for there before me. I commented yesterday that Woolfenden looked broken at final whistle so I hope he can pick himself up; we might need him for a while yet.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 9:05]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Woolfy on 09:24 - Aug 8 with 720 viewsWickets

I also thought Woofie was too blame for both goals but after watching the highlights i think others could have done better . First goal is a bit like too many cooks spoil the broth and the second he is sold a bit short by Penny . For that second goal maybe Wolf could have put his foot through it as the pass was not quite right .
Woolfy on 09:27 - Aug 8 with 693 viewsquad

Woolfy on 09:04 - Aug 8 by pointofblue

Other way round - Evans blocked him off for the first goal (out of our four defenders he was least to blame for that one) and Penney played him a hospital ball for the second which, in hindsight, he should have put his boot through. Penney had a better game than Woolfenden overall.

ETA - Ah you for there before me. I commented yesterday that Woolfenden looked broken at final whistle so I hope he can pick himself up; we might need him for a while yet.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 9:05]

Like you said Woolf looked broken at the final whistle. Obviously he has had a poor game but he will know that and it was said he was in tears so it will obviously hurt him.

Again, like you said, we might need him for a while yet. I just hope that his confidence hasn't completely been destroyed, particularly if he reads the forums. Also Toto must be distraught because he knows when he recovers from injury that he probably won't get back in the side. They're only human and want to play. We don't want to destroy these players. We need them as backup at least.

For the first goal the defence (especially Woolf) backed off far too much. I just thought that Evans had the chance to foul Stockton way outside the area and he should have done, even though he would have definitely been booked for it.
Woolfy on 09:27 - Aug 8 with 689 viewscressi

Woolfy on 09:24 - Aug 8 by Wickets

I also thought Woofie was too blame for both goals but after watching the highlights i think others could have done better . First goal is a bit like too many cooks spoil the broth and the second he is sold a bit short by Penny . For that second goal maybe Wolf could have put his foot through it as the pass was not quite right .

Not all his fault why we need defenders a left back and a experienced centre back
Woolfy on 11:09 - Aug 8 with 527 viewsWickets

Woolfy on 09:27 - Aug 8 by cressi

Not all his fault why we need defenders a left back and a experienced centre back

Yes and i think it will happen we just need to be a little patient as Cook and Ashton will be working on any weaknesses .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024