Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes 07:33 - Aug 9 with 3490 viewssaffers12

Having medical with Swansea according to flw
Downes on 07:36 - Aug 9 with 2796 viewsdanchances22

Just seen that. Good luck to him I say. Shame his attitude wasn’t right as a professional footballer. Defiantly one which progress on to bigger things in my opinion though. Would’ve loved to of kept him but no point keeping a player who isn’t committed and wants out.
Downes on 07:36 - Aug 9 with 2775 viewssaffers12

Downes on 07:36 - Aug 9 by danchances22

Just seen that. Good luck to him I say. Shame his attitude wasn’t right as a professional footballer. Defiantly one which progress on to bigger things in my opinion though. Would’ve loved to of kept him but no point keeping a player who isn’t committed and wants out.

My thoughts exactly
Downes on 07:43 - Aug 9 with 2715 viewsWickets

Yes seems likely that most of the money we will receive will come from add on's but as others have said better to move him on now . Good luck Flynn maybe time to grow up a little .
Downes on 08:46 - Aug 9 with 2286 viewspointofblue

Have there been rumours going around that Downes has been unprofessional? Yes, he wants to move on, but most players in his position with his potential would look to do so.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Downes on 08:46 - Aug 9 with 2272 viewsSitfcB

bUt hE mIgHt CoMe BaCk InTo ThE fOlD!2!1!

Thank god we won’t have to put up with people keep talking about that anymore.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Downes on 08:49 - Aug 9 with 2252 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Interested to see if he passes it…
Downes on 08:49 - Aug 9 with 2253 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Downes on 08:53 - Aug 9 with 2193 viewsDanTheMan

Downes on 08:49 - Aug 9 by BryanPlug

Why would he have been better off staying here as opposed to going to a team that finished in the playoffs of the league above last year?

Obviously it's not as good as going to a team in the PL but it's still obviously a massive jump from where we are now.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Downes on 08:55 - Aug 9 with 2165 viewspatrickswell

Out of a lot of competition, I’d say he’ll ultimately be remembered as the poster boy from a period in our history where the demeanour of those representing our club was one of hating their job, hating their club and at times, hating their sport.
Downes on 08:55 - Aug 9 with 2156 viewsSimonds92

Downes on 08:49 - Aug 9 by BryanPlug

A team challenging for promotion to the Premier League playing for a manager who has seen him at close hand and wants to bring him in (you would think on that basis he may be more likely to get game time). I think its a very good move for him, hopefully we get a decent price for him.
Downes on 08:58 - Aug 9 with 2123 viewsbluestandard

Downes on 08:46 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

Have there been rumours going around that Downes has been unprofessional? Yes, he wants to move on, but most players in his position with his potential would look to do so.

Just my opinion, but yes I think Downes has been unprofessional. Maybe not at the bery bottom of the scale, but his attitude clearly declined and so did his performances. We aren’t all privvy to what went on behind the scenes and whether the club also let him down etc, and that does have to be taken into account. Wanting to move on is not the issue, but more how you conduct yourself. Look at the Grealish transfer for one at the top of the professionalism scale, where the player continued to give everything and be fully committed to his club whilst he was there.
Hope this gets done asap. on 09:03 - Aug 9 with 2041 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Although I rate Downes as a player, this saga has rolled on for nearly 12 months now. I'm fed up with it.

Fresh start for him and the club.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Downes on 09:04 - Aug 9 with 2025 viewsBryanPlug

Downes on 08:53 - Aug 9 by DanTheMan

Why would he have been better off staying here as opposed to going to a team that finished in the playoffs of the league above last year?

Obviously it's not as good as going to a team in the PL but it's still obviously a massive jump from where we are now.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Downes on 09:15 - Aug 9 with 1880 viewsWestcountryblue

Downes on 07:36 - Aug 9 by danchances22

I would have to agree with you about the professionalism, or lack of.

It's in stark contrast to Dozzell, who we rejected several bids for over the last couple of years, including Norwich who were in the Premiership at the time. Unlike Downes, Dozzell got his head down, demonstrated effort on the pitch and was professional and curtious off it.

If we can go up this season, further substantial backing will be provided for the next step and it could make Flynn Downes's decision look very foolish. I would have stayed, as we are a bigger club than Swansea and on an upwards trajectory.
Downes on 09:27 - Aug 9 with 1760 viewsWickets

I suppose in time we will find out more about what's been going on but i'm sure if he wanted to stay ,as Dobra and Woofie, he would have been made welcome .
Downes on 09:29 - Aug 9 with 1747 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, clearly a step up and into a team where in theory he should suit their style. Although I’ve got a sneaky suspicion Swansea are on the point of becoming the next us if they’re not careful. They’ve lost their best players, aren’t pushing the boat out with signings and based on the highlights from Saturday look like an accident waiting to happen at the back. Oh, and they’ll also struggle for goals again. The changes there remind me of what happened to us under Hurst.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Downes on 09:29 - Aug 9 with 1737 viewsKieran_Knows

Good move for him. Shame it's dragged on like it has, but a good move for all parties now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Downes on 09:31 - Aug 9 with 1723 viewsTown_Boy

Price wise got to be looking at least 1million + ?

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Downes on 09:34 - Aug 9 with 1693 viewsElderGrizzly

Agree. It's a leap to a club still operating way above where we are going to be able to financially for years.

Given their possession based game, it will be interested to see if he can adapt.
Downes on 09:34 - Aug 9 with 1684 viewsWickets

Downes on 09:31 - Aug 9 by Town_Boy

Price wise got to be looking at least 1million + ?

Some reports are saying about half that .
Downes on 09:36 - Aug 9 with 1658 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Downes on 08:55 - Aug 9 by patrickswell

Out of a lot of competition, I’d say he’ll ultimately be remembered as the poster boy from a period in our history where the demeanour of those representing our club was one of hating their job, hating their club and at times, hating their sport.

Hate is a strong word, but the low point was the fingers in the ears celebrations.

It does seem like the players from the MM days never recovered from him leaving and, in their eyes, the manner in which that happened. It seemed to create an us and them mentality.

PC has done the right thing with the wholesale clear out.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Downes on 09:38 - Aug 9 with 1632 viewspointofblue

Downes on 08:58 - Aug 9 by bluestandard

Just my opinion, but yes I think Downes has been unprofessional. Maybe not at the bery bottom of the scale, but his attitude clearly declined and so did his performances. We aren’t all privvy to what went on behind the scenes and whether the club also let him down etc, and that does have to be taken into account. Wanting to move on is not the issue, but more how you conduct yourself. Look at the Grealish transfer for one at the top of the professionalism scale, where the player continued to give everything and be fully committed to his club whilst he was there.

But this is the thing I don’t get - is there evidence Downes has been unprofessional towards the club since last summer? Yes, his form dipped but so did everyone’s and there is definitely extenuating circumstances with Evans and Lambert allowing a laissez faire attitude to permeate around the club. Maybe there is something more concrete but it feels like people are putting two and two together to make five, unless something more concrete has come out which I have missed.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Downes on 09:42 - Aug 9 with 1593 viewsElderGrizzly

Downes on 09:29 - Aug 9 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, clearly a step up and into a team where in theory he should suit their style. Although I’ve got a sneaky suspicion Swansea are on the point of becoming the next us if they’re not careful. They’ve lost their best players, aren’t pushing the boat out with signings and based on the highlights from Saturday look like an accident waiting to happen at the back. Oh, and they’ll also struggle for goals again. The changes there remind me of what happened to us under Hurst.

They've appointed Russell Martin by the looks of his possession game at MK Dons, which could be impotent possession of course.

MK had the 3rd highest possession in the whole of Europe behind Barca and PSG last season.
Downes on 09:51 - Aug 9 with 1539 viewssidmouthblue

Downes on 09:42 - Aug 9 by ElderGrizzly

They've appointed Russell Martin by the looks of his possession game at MK Dons, which could be impotent possession of course.

MK had the 3rd highest possession in the whole of Europe behind Barca and PSG last season.

I think there is a top top player in him with decent coaching and a new challenge
Downes on 09:52 - Aug 9 with 1534 viewsSwansea_Blue

Downes on 09:42 - Aug 9 by ElderGrizzly

Yep. It seemed very impotent on Sat from the little I saw. They were also taking huge risks at the back and trying to play out with at least 2 CBs unable to play that style of game. I’d be worried if I was their fans. I suppose in theory they could iron out those issues, as Martin has only been there a week. But if they don’t have the players, it’s like us trying to get Toto to play a calm passing game and expecting Jackson to fire us to promotion - possible but highly unlikely!

It’ll be interesting to see how Flynn gets on. People have always said playersblike him and Dozzell would do better in a possession based team, so now both have the chance to prove it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024