Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Edwards - Gwion Edwards 13:30 - Aug 9 with 1002 viewsAsa

That single handedly sums up the new era versus the old one.

This is a player I was impressed with a couple of times I saw him in the Premier League last year. He’s only 23. He’s cost nothing.

We must have a queue of quality defenders desperate to get signing up to ‘the project’ now :)
Kyle Edwards - Gwion Edwards on 13:34 - Aug 9 with 964 viewsNthsuffolkblue

One assumes he must come with some wages. Does 23 mean he is excluded from the financial restraints?

Definitely sums up the difference, signing young prospects from a higher level instead of older punts from the lower leagues for inflated fees.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kyle Edwards - Gwion Edwards on 13:37 - Aug 9 with 917 viewsPrice_1991

Kyle Edwards - Gwion Edwards on 13:34 - Aug 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

One assumes he must come with some wages. Does 23 mean he is excluded from the financial restraints?

Definitely sums up the difference, signing young prospects from a higher level instead of older punts from the lower leagues for inflated fees.

No thats under 21 that is excluded however as he has come on a free the only thing that would be taken into consideration is is contract, I would imagine that Ashton has signed all these players on lower weekly wages but there will be a clause of when we get promoted that will go up by X% with a healthy bonus as well which then gives the team a financial reason to perform well and really go for it
Kyle Edwards - Gwion Edwards on 13:57 - Aug 9 with 782 viewshadleighboyblue

Kyle Edwards - Gwion Edwards on 13:34 - Aug 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Great to see we are signing players of the right age and phsyically much stronger than in the past .

We won't be a soft touch anymore
Kyle Edwards - Gwion Edwards on 14:04 - Aug 9 with 746 viewsDarth_Koont

There’s certainly more purpose now.

But let’s not get too revisionist. Gwion was no different from almost any other player in the past 3 years in that we never had a team that made use of their strengths but rather exposed their weaknesses.

He along with players like Downes, Dozzell, Bishop and Jackson *could* have been a lot better in a more organised team and squad environment.

So I’m excited by the potential ceiling of someone like Kyle Edwards but let’s be under no illusions that it’s all about the team we develop, not individuals.

Pronouns: He/Him

Kyle Edwards - Gwion Edwards on 14:06 - Aug 9 with 708 viewschicoazul

Kyle Edwards - Gwion Edwards on 14:04 - Aug 9 by Darth_Koont

There’s certainly more purpose now.

But let’s not get too revisionist. Gwion was no different from almost any other player in the past 3 years in that we never had a team that made use of their strengths but rather exposed their weaknesses.

He along with players like Downes, Dozzell, Bishop and Jackson *could* have been a lot better in a more organised team and squad environment.

So I’m excited by the potential ceiling of someone like Kyle Edwards but let’s be under no illusions that it’s all about the team we develop, not individuals.

And Cook wanted to keep Gwion.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kyle Edwards - Gwion Edwards on 14:09 - Aug 9 with 646 viewsfergalsharkey

Kyle Edwards - Gwion Edwards on 14:06 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

And Cook wanted to keep Gwion.

he didnt, he wanted him on a contract so we could sell him.

Poll: Cook out?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024