Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really hope Downes does well at Swans 14:46 - Aug 9 with 971 views3_5_2

It went all wrong for whatever reason under Lambert.

Clean slate for him, bit of cash for us

Good luck to the lad

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 14:48 - Aug 9 with 955 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It went very well for him under Lambert to be fair.

So much so that a Premier League club came in for him and turned his head.

I cant wait for him to leave and for that particular saga to be over asap, but I also wish him well.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 14:56 - Aug 9 with 925 viewsSteve_M

Not least because the deal will presumably includes various other payments based on his performance.

Last season was a mess from the start, Lambert didn't want to be here and it does seem that we didn't properly deal with Downes interest in the Palace deal. Mick managed that with McGoldrick and Mings.

I still think Downes 'failings' last season were more because he was injured than anything else. Stupid sending off, yes but that aside he played ok in a team that didn't.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 15:00 - Aug 9 with 890 viewsJDB23

Yeah, would be nice to see Brighton spunk 30m on him in a years time with 25% coming our way.
I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 15:00 - Aug 9 with 889 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 14:56 - Aug 9 by Steve_M

Not least because the deal will presumably includes various other payments based on his performance.

Last season was a mess from the start, Lambert didn't want to be here and it does seem that we didn't properly deal with Downes interest in the Palace deal. Mick managed that with McGoldrick and Mings.

I still think Downes 'failings' last season were more because he was injured than anything else. Stupid sending off, yes but that aside he played ok in a team that didn't.

It still seems a little strange that Cook was unable or unwilling to sell the project to him.

That aside, as with virtually every other ex-Town player, I wish him well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 15:02 - Aug 9 with 877 views3_5_2

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 14:48 - Aug 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

It went very well for him under Lambert to be fair.

So much so that a Premier League club came in for him and turned his head.

I cant wait for him to leave and for that particular saga to be over asap, but I also wish him well.

do you think Lambert should have sold him? Presumably good money in for us, Premier Club for the lad who I felt needed to kick on either with us or elsewhere

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 15:47 - Aug 9 with 778 viewsArnieM

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 15:00 - Aug 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

It still seems a little strange that Cook was unable or unwilling to sell the project to him.

Judging by the calibre of players buying into the project at this Club now, the fact that Downes clearly isn’t interested in it , is more a reflection on him than either Paul Cook or this Club.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 15:58 - Aug 9 with 722 viewsJDB23

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 15:47 - Aug 9 by ArnieM

Judging by the calibre of players buying into the project at this Club now, the fact that Downes clearly isn’t interested in it , is more a reflection on him than either Paul Cook or this Club.

Downes could have done a Grealish and taken us getting relegated as a personal challenge for him to get us back to where we belong and on the path to success. He didn't. He had one good season with us and handed in a transfer request after 15 years of development by the club. I don't hold it against him, footballers careers are short and opportunities don't come round often, but I don't really care about him moving on now. Good luck to him but I'm only interested in players who want to be here.
I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 16:16 - Aug 9 with 661 viewsBlueBlood90

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 15:58 - Aug 9 by JDB23

Downes could have done a Grealish and taken us getting relegated as a personal challenge for him to get us back to where we belong and on the path to success. He didn't. He had one good season with us and handed in a transfer request after 15 years of development by the club. I don't hold it against him, footballers careers are short and opportunities don't come round often, but I don't really care about him moving on now. Good luck to him but I'm only interested in players who want to be here.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't particularly wish him well after the club spent 15 years developing him and then threw his toys out the pram first chance he got resulting in us selling him for five or six times less than he's worth. We got the same fee for Liam Gibbs who hasn't even played in the first team.

It sounds bitter but I hope he finds that the grass isn't always greener.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Login to get fewer ads

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 16:27 - Aug 9 with 611 viewsChurchman

I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 15:00 - Aug 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Who knows which way round it is - Cook not wanting Downes or Downes wanting out. Maybe a bit of both?

I think he will do well in the Championship. Like others though, I’m only interested In people who want to be here.

In addition, we no longer have to settle for pension top-up merchants, players who are cheap because they are wasters, injury prone has-beens, dregs from the end of the transfer window and players beyond their sell by date that weren’t up to much in the first place.
I really hope Downes does well at Swans on 18:07 - Aug 9 with 478 viewsLeaky

Could Downs & Dozzell think in 3 or 4 years time why the feck didnt I stay at Ipswich look where they are now!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024