Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m 19:43 - Aug 9 with 1884 viewsStudentBlue

According to the EADT.

Poll: How will you be voting tomorrow?

Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 19:44 - Aug 9 with 1867 viewsTown_Boy

So much for people thinking less than £500k 🤦‍♂️

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 19:44 - Aug 9 with 1851 viewsLeaky

Thats a good deal for someone who wants to leave
Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 19:48 - Aug 9 with 1751 viewsBloomBlue

Less than I thought as a good chance he'll be in the Prem next season.
Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 19:52 - Aug 9 with 1682 viewsJDB23

Would be a good deal if those figures are right and almost certainly puts us in the green regarding transfer fee's this Summer. Mad that we've swapped last years squad for this years and made a profit, not taking into account agents and signing on fees etc.
Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 19:52 - Aug 9 with 1681 viewsclive_baker

Fair money really, if true. When you consider we were already apparently at £2m, that takes us to £3.5m of player sales which must be higher than what we’ve spent on fees? Shame to see Downes go as he’s a very good player with a high ceiling IMO, but if it’s for the greater good then it’s a price worth paying.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 19:54 - Aug 9 with 1625 viewsChurchman

Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 19:48 - Aug 9 by BloomBlue

Less than I thought as a good chance he'll be in the Prem next season.

Not for me. Downes has had a serious injury previously and an ineffectual season last year in League 1. He has a year left on his contract. As long as there is a sell on percentage I reckon that’s decent money.

It all opinion, but at 22 he has a lot of improving to do to make the Premier League in my view.
Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 19:59 - Aug 9 with 1535 viewsSteve_M

I like that figure better than £550k but still an amount we turned down straight away last season, so hardly a great deal based on our valuation of the player.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 20:04 - Aug 9 with 1459 viewsMookamoo

Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 19:59 - Aug 9 by Steve_M

I like that figure better than £550k but still an amount we turned down straight away last season, so hardly a great deal based on our valuation of the player.

His true can only be measured by what someone is prepared to pay.
Login to get fewer ads

Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 20:05 - Aug 9 with 1445 viewsMullet

Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 19:54 - Aug 9 by Churchman

Not for me. Downes has had a serious injury previously and an ineffectual season last year in League 1. He has a year left on his contract. As long as there is a sell on percentage I reckon that’s decent money.

It all opinion, but at 22 he has a lot of improving to do to make the Premier League in my view.

Yet he's another one gone to a team with aspirations of being there very soon, despite a large section of the fanbase revising them both down.

We've done well to get that much for him, but this idea we have/had no decent players last season and there's no potential in anyone homegrown is grating to say the least. It simply isn't true but has become accepted almost everywhere on here this summer.

Given the sell ons it's in our interests that he and Andre fulfil every bit of potential.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 20:07 - Aug 9 with 1416 viewsMerseyBlue

I think we can be happy that we've salvaged something out of this, as poorly as it was handled last year. In an ideal world he'd stay and work his way back into the team but the bridges have been burned and he's only going to depreciate in value the longer he stays out in the cold. Hopefully the last mess we have to clean up for a while. Wondering what we're going to do about Jackson.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 20:14 - Aug 9 with 1328 viewsElderGrizzly

But in a market that is depressed and with Downes not pushing on last season.

It’s not a bad deal and I trust Ashton to have some good sell-on clauses in there too.
Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 20:37 - Aug 9 with 1150 viewsSkip_Intro

a year when clubs' finances have been decimated by Covid and Downes has gone backwards with injuries and tepid performances, plus he clearly doesn't want to be here...I think Ashton has done a remarkable job to get that much for him tbh...
Downes fee = £1.5m rising to £2m on 20:40 - Aug 9 with 1124 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024