Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood told he can leave? 21:12 - Aug 9 with 6179 viewsharveybell05

Football insider are reporting Norwood has been told he can leave. Any truth to this Phil?
Norwood told he can leave? on 21:15 - Aug 9 with 5520 viewsJ2BLUE

Recycling old stories?

I'd be amazed if we let him go. Where is he going to go? Not going to the Championship. Not going to league two. The SPL possibly, or we subsidise his wages for a league one rival which seems pointless.

As much as some want him gone for his character rather than his football I think he's staying, and rightfully so.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwood told he can leave? on 21:23 - Aug 9 with 5292 viewsSteve_M

Norwood told he can leave? on 21:15 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Recycling old stories?

I'd be amazed if we let him go. Where is he going to go? Not going to the Championship. Not going to league two. The SPL possibly, or we subsidise his wages for a league one rival which seems pointless.

As much as some want him gone for his character rather than his football I think he's staying, and rightfully so.

Probably one from last Summer....

He showed his worth on Saturday, helped get us going again and won a crucial header to set up the second equaliser.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Norwood told he can leave? on 21:23 - Aug 9 with 5270 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Recycling old stories?

We've got a lot of forwards, but Norwood genuinely offers something different.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Norwood told he can leave? on 21:34 - Aug 9 with 5035 viewsITFC_Josh

Do you have a link? Can’t see the story anywhere?
Norwood told he can leave? on 21:40 - Aug 9 with 4877 viewsfranz_tyson

Norwood told he can leave? on 21:34 - Aug 9 by ITFC_Josh

Do you have a link? Can’t see the story anywhere?

Well it would open up space for the squad if we want to bring in more.

But he’s the only one who can handle best the long ball approach and physically deal with defenders. As per his flick on for the equaliser on Saturday. Think he needs to stay,
Norwood told he can leave? on 21:49 - Aug 9 with 4685 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Norwood told he can leave? on 22:56 - Aug 9 with 4142 viewsKeaneish

Recycling old stories?

When Norwood was blowing a fuse on Saturday after his yellow, PC said something to him as did Craney. He said something back to Craney and and their reaction when they looked at each other was a bit, “fkin ‘ell mate, bit rich”, almost stunned. Couldn’t quite work out the dynamics but it was the first time I thought there might be something in this as poor a decision as it would be to let him go.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood told he can leave? on 23:44 - Aug 9 with 3832 viewsBlueOsterClub

Well we do have plenty of forward options and if Norwood only has a year left on his contract a good fee would be nice.I think 500,000k would be good business although I do think he is a good player and has a lot to offer.

His drink driving ban probably has not gone done too well with PC either.

Getting Aluku for free and half a million for Nowood would be great business
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood told he can leave? on 00:12 - Aug 10 with 3700 viewsJ2BLUE

Norwood told he can leave? on 23:44 - Aug 9 by BlueOsterClub

Well we do have plenty of forward options and if Norwood only has a year left on his contract a good fee would be nice.I think 500,000k would be good business although I do think he is a good player and has a lot to offer.

Where could he go where we could get anything close to that? It's not going to happen.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwood told he can leave? on 00:34 - Aug 10 with 3611 viewsCoastalblue

Norwood told he can leave? on 00:12 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

Where could he go where we could get anything close to that? It's not going to happen.

I think we've thought that quite a lot recently, mostly with people incoming, I wouldn't write it off to be honest. I think he's going to end up some way down the pecking order here.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Norwood told he can leave? on 03:26 - Aug 10 with 3409 viewsSaigonTractor

Football Insider is generally nonsense/stuff recycled from actual journalists who know.

I highly doubt they'd know something Phil/EADT don't.
Norwood told he can leave? on 08:55 - Aug 10 with 2790 viewsArnieM

“ Norwood told he can leave”? ……not. A hope in hell. Hed have gone in the summer with the rest of them of that had been the case.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwood told he can leave? on 09:50 - Aug 10 with 2518 viewsWickets

Norwood told he can leave? on 08:55 - Aug 10 by ArnieM

“ Norwood told he can leave”? ……not. A hope in hell. Hed have gone in the summer with the rest of them of that had been the case.

Yes very true and on Saturday he showed he is up for the challenge . We are lucky to have Norwood, Piggott, Bonne and Chaplin .
Norwood told he can leave? on 09:55 - Aug 10 with 2465 viewshype313

Nonsense.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwood told he can leave? on 10:21 - Aug 10 with 2379 viewsjayessess

Recycling old stories?

OTOH as the squad size inches upwards we are getting to the stage where players currently training with the first team will have to be moved on to accommodate new signings. Assuming we move Jackson on, we currently have 10 forwards (8 Over-21). If someone better than Norwood becomes available, would we not look to upgrade?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Norwood told he can leave? on 10:24 - Aug 10 with 2362 viewshoppy

I think Norwood has more goals in him than Aluku.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Norwood told he can leave? on 10:26 - Aug 10 with 2340 viewsWallingford_Boy

Norwood told he can leave? on 10:24 - Aug 10 by hoppy

I think Norwood has more goals in him than Aluku.

I've got more goals in me than Aluku!!

I shudder every time I realise we signed him.

So odd!

RIP Sir Bobby

Norwood told he can leave? on 10:34 - Aug 10 with 2279 viewshoppy

Norwood told he can leave? on 10:26 - Aug 10 by Wallingford_Boy

So odd!

It's like bringing Leon Best in to replace Daryl Murphy...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Norwood told he can leave? on 10:36 - Aug 10 with 2253 viewsgordon

If we managed to get £500,000 for him it'd trigger a money laundering investigation.
Norwood told he can leave? on 10:45 - Aug 10 with 2181 viewsWarkystache

Norwood told he can leave? on 10:26 - Aug 10 by Wallingford_Boy

So odd!

Good wing play on the right here - could be useful from the bench or when we need to press?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Norwood told he can leave? on 10:49 - Aug 10 with 2160 viewsChiefXL

Norwood told he can leave? on 21:23 - Aug 9 by Steve_M

Probably one from last Summer....

He showed his worth on Saturday, helped get us going again and won a crucial header to set up the second equaliser.

100% agree with this.
His introduction was more than the assist. Just coming onto the pitch with his attitude fired up both the players and the crowd.
Norwood told he can leave? on 10:53 - Aug 10 with 2113 viewsHARRY10

Not all those who left in the 'great clear out' were deemed not good enough - the thought was that they were not motivated enough.

Maybe that is the case with Norwood, that he does not fit in with the current ethos, and is being retained until others more suited have been signed*, much as with Jackdon.

The idea that he would fetch a fee is optimism (delusion) at it's peak. I doubt any club he would head for would be able to match his current contract. So the thought would be that he goes out on loan with us paying part of his wages.

If he were to stay I very much doubt if he would be offered another contract next June (certainly not if we go up) so it might be best to move him on this summer.
Norwood told he can leave? on 10:57 - Aug 10 with 2085 viewsWallingford_Boy

Norwood told he can leave? on 10:45 - Aug 10 by Warkystache

Good wing play on the right here - could be useful from the bench or when we need to press?

How old is that?

I would love to be proved wrong, but he was awful in his last year or so at Reading..

As a squad player, if we get some injuries.... maybe.

Just can't see it though.

RIP Sir Bobby

Norwood told he can leave? on 12:09 - Aug 10 with 1871 viewsJamestownPrince

Norwood told he can leave? on 21:49 - Aug 9 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Wouldn't rule him going to Wrexham on a free or a loan with them paying his wages

Norwood and his mate up front Mullen, we all know that they have funds, they have just bought Arron Hayden the Carlisle captain who would have done a decent job for us IMO.
Norwood told he can leave? on 12:42 - Aug 10 with 1719 viewsKeaneish

Norwood told he can leave? on 10:45 - Aug 10 by Warkystache

I have zero expectations for him so anything would be a bonus. My Fulham mates don't rate him at all and Reading fans seem to have been less than complimentary but we'll see.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024