Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deja vu 20:40 - Aug 10 with 3354 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This new era really isn't going to be a repeat of the same is it?

I honestly believe it is different but there is that nagging doubt in the back of mind. The repeated false dawns (Evans, play-offs, Hurst, Lambert, topping League 1 two consecutive seasons) does that to you.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Deja vu on 20:42 - Aug 10 with 2930 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would have liked to have seen a full strength team played tonight, to get the system down and to build momentum.

We never seem to learn.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Deja vu on 20:46 - Aug 10 with 2873 viewsunstableblue

Deja vu on 20:42 - Aug 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Would have liked to have seen a full strength team played tonight, to get the system down and to build momentum.

We never seem to learn.

Yes MM have thought this tonight myself … what do we get from this wholesale change?!

Bring Barry, Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba perhaps but keep the core and get the partnerships working!

Let’s see how we fare second half get Aluko off and Norwood on… he’ll terrorise

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Deja vu on 20:47 - Aug 10 with 2857 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We never seem to learn.

Difficult balance to get right isn't it?

Time together on the training pitch whereas they could have got effectively an extra friendly.

Deja vu on 20:52 - Aug 10 with 2792 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ve got the same doubts based on Cook making sod all difference last season. Doubts is maybe too strong actually; rather I’m still to be convinced one way or the other that he’s going to be able to create a team. I wouldn’t read too much into this game though, but he’s still got it all to prove in the league (and will need time).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Deja vu on 21:26 - Aug 10 with 2593 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Deja vu on 20:46 - Aug 10 by unstableblue

Yes MM have thought this tonight myself … what do we get from this wholesale change?!

Bring Barry, Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba perhaps but keep the core and get the partnerships working!

With new players and a c.20% win record, we need to be registering wins... in any competition.

Just need to build some understanding and momentum, then ring the changes further down the line.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Deja vu on 21:32 - Aug 10 with 2443 viewsSteve_M

Deja vu on 20:52 - Aug 10 by Swansea_Blue

I’ve got the same doubts based on Cook making sod all difference last season. Doubts is maybe too strong actually; rather I’m still to be convinced one way or the other that he’s going to be able to create a team. I wouldn’t read too much into this game though, but he’s still got it all to prove in the league (and will need time).

The difference this season will be that, unless Cook starts winning matches, then he won't be here very long. Our owners will be a lot less patient than a lot of fans seem to be.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 21:37]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Deja vu on 21:32 - Aug 10 with 2416 viewsIpswichKnight

Deja vu on 20:46 - Aug 10 by unstableblue

Or as per usual sicknote will revert to type and get injured. Time to bomb the waste of wages out of the club.
Deja vu on 21:36 - Aug 10 with 2300 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Deja vu on 21:32 - Aug 10 by Steve_M

The difference this season will be that, unless Cook starts winning matches, then he won't be here very long. Our owners will be a lot less patient than a lot of fans seem to be.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 21:37]

We will see. They talk the talk of a patient long-term game. Really have got to give some time to put the pieces together and get it to work.

Login to get fewer ads

Deja vu on 21:36 - Aug 10 with 2271 viewsRadlett_blue

It's a fair point.
We play a reserve XI in a cup game & lose to a lower league team's reserve XI. If Cook wasn't on a free pass, all hell would be breaking out about how we don't take cups seriously, our squad is rubbish etc etc.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Deja vu on 21:36 - Aug 10 with 2265 viewsjas0999

We never seem to learn.

Agree. Winning games of football breeds confidence. We just don’t win!
Deja vu on 21:38 - Aug 10 with 2216 viewspointofblue

Deja vu on 21:36 - Aug 10 by Radlett_blue

It's a fair point.
We play a reserve XI in a cup game & lose to a lower league team's reserve XI. If Cook wasn't on a free pass, all hell would be breaking out about how we don't take cups seriously, our squad is rubbish etc etc.

The biggest issue is we’ve lost to a bunch of kids from a lower level (plus Ellison). Not even their first team.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Deja vu on 21:39 - Aug 10 with 2155 viewsSteve_M

It's a fair point.

It's so familiar in this competition, a side good enough to win but we contrive to lose. Watching us spurn chance after chance at Crawley, similar at Stevenage, etc, etc.

Goes all the way back to losing at Notts County under Joe Royle in, I think, 2003-04.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Deja vu on 21:41 - Aug 10 with 2085 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's a fair point.

The 'free pass' ended at 3pm on Saturday.

The good thing is that there do seem to be positive signs to grasp on to.

Could have avoided this by playing a stronger team and getting a foundation to build on.

Deja vu on 21:41 - Aug 10 with 2072 viewsJDB23

Pretty crap really, we need to get a win sooner rather than later.

Good job Norwood got himself in the best shape of his career.
Deja vu on 21:42 - Aug 10 with 2008 viewstimothyeo

We never seem to learn.

Completely agree. Ask for patience that we need time to gel and then don't take advantage of a perfect fixture to improve that.
Deja vu on 21:43 - Aug 10 with 1939 viewsSomethingBlue

Doubt it, but we need to get into a winning habit quickly if Cook is to be the one that oversees the transformation.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Deja vu on 21:44 - Aug 10 with 1899 viewsAsa

Deja vu on 21:41 - Aug 10 by JDB23

Might be coincidence but strange that with almost everyone in the bomb squad, two games in both Nsiala and Norwood have been injured. Two of the few survivors from last season.
Deja vu on 21:44 - Aug 10 with 1892 viewsChrisd

Deja vu on 21:39 - Aug 10 by Steve_M

It's so familiar in this competition, a side good enough to win but we contrive to lose. Watching us spurn chance after chance at Crawley, similar at Stevenage, etc, etc.

Goes all the way back to losing at Notts County under Joe Royle in, I think, 2003-04.

Over the last two seasons, I don’t remember us creating so many chances in one game. That’s on the players, they need to show more composure in front of goal, PC can’t do that for them.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Deja vu on 21:45 - Aug 10 with 1827 viewsRadlett_blue

Deja vu on 21:41 - Aug 10 by JDB23

Oh yes - and let's add to that, 2 senior players off injured in 2 games, both after spending only a few minutes on the pitch.

Deja vu on 21:45 - Aug 10 with 1821 viewsN2_Blue

Deja vu on 21:39 - Aug 10 by Steve_M

I'm not bothered but we do seem to be trying to kill any feel good factor almost immediately and such a missed opportunity.

Yes we need time...but Morecambe were a completely new team and Newport didn't even play their first team

If i was Cook i would personally done everything to win tonight's game.

Tonight is the very fist time i've tentatively raised a little concern about Cook in my mind. I'm pushing it away but it niggles.

Disappointing and we were unlucky it seems tonight but boy do we need a win Saturday and it's not going to be easy.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Deja vu on 21:47 - Aug 10 with 1729 viewsIpswichKnight

Deja vu on 21:41 - Aug 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

The 'free pass' ended at 3pm on Saturday.

The good thing is that there do seem to be positive signs to grasp on to.

Could have avoided this by playing a stronger team and getting a foundation to build on.

We still can’t defend, oppo teams have had 3 shots on target and scored them all. We couldn’t score from less than 6 yards when it’s easier to score than miss.

Cook won’t get many more free passes, not winning is an easy habit to make and a hard habit to break. Fail to win on Saturday and we’ll be right to start asking if Cook is right man, his record is actually pretty awful already.
Deja vu on 21:47 - Aug 10 with 1715 viewsblueprint

Get a grip.
Deja vu on 21:48 - Aug 10 with 1700 viewsRadlett_blue

Deja vu on 21:45 - Aug 10 by N2_Blue

I'm not bothered but we do seem to be trying to kill any feel good factor almost immediately and such a missed opportunity.

Yes we need time...but Morecambe were a completely new team and Newport didn't even play their first team

If i was Cook i would personally done everything to win tonight's game.

Tonight is the very fist time i've tentatively raised a little concern about Cook in my mind. I'm pushing it away but it niggles.

Disappointing and we were unlucky it seems tonight but boy do we need a win Saturday and it's not going to be easy.

"the team I picked should have been good enough to win the game".
Yes, true, especially given the side Newport put out, but playing a reserve XI tells the players who go out that the game isn't seen as important.

Deja vu on 21:48 - Aug 10 with 1680 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Deja vu on 21:47 - Aug 10 by blueprint

Get a grip.

Directed at whom?

Is it not reasonable to point out the things that have been pointed out above?

Deja vu on 21:59 - Aug 10 with 1487 viewsMoriarty

Deja vu on 20:52 - Aug 10 by Swansea_Blue

I thought it was wrong to lay it all on the players last season in the way he did. Ironically people talk about giving this squad time to gel (a fair point in itself) but the reality of Cook’s early showing was division rather than unity. The players didn’t respond to him. Surely players like Dozzell, Gibbs, Downes had something to offer?

I think it could go either way.

The vital ingredient is unity which is why I wanted Dyer. Cook has a good record but that hasn’t helped his predecessors. Hope we can notch up a few wins soon.

PS before the other thread got locked I was about to say I kinda like Roy - in a manly way - but those are things I’m better off not discussing here!

fka omuircheartaigh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024