Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Regardless of it being the League Cup, this club really needed a win tonight.... 21:42 - Aug 10 with 921 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ok, not going to lose sleep over not taking part in this competition again this season but we need a boost of confidence, among the crowd as much as anything to feel like this new era is taking shape.

A win is a win at the end of the day and as much as we'll hear 'Micky Mouse' Cup (which I don't disagree with), the pressure to perform and get results are going to multiply the longer we go on. Burton on Saturday won't be easy, particularly with a new squad.

Just think we've missed a trick tonight and a win tonight could have given us a springboard.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Regardless of it being the League Cup, this club really needed a win tonight.... on 21:43 - Aug 10 with 860 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Indeed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Regardless of it being the League Cup, this club really needed a win tonight.... on 21:45 - Aug 10 with 813 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Even more important to get some wins in the league.

Need to get the squad complete and playing.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Regardless of it being the League Cup, this club really needed a win tonight.... on 21:47 - Aug 10 with 764 viewsN2_Blue

Said exactly the same on other post.

We just seem to want any kill any feelgood factor almost immediately. We did it with the new owners in such a poor finish last season and now new squad new start this was really a missed opportunity.

Disappointing

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Regardless of it being the League Cup, this club really needed a win tonight.... on 21:51 - Aug 10 with 686 viewsITFC_96

Needed a win if only to bring the team together and to give minutes to younger and fringe players.
Regardless of it being the League Cup, this club really needed a win tonight.... on 22:05 - Aug 10 with 496 viewsThe_Realist_09

I think I'd be more worried if the patterns of play and stats weren't there to show that something is brewing.

It's unsustainable to have things like 70% possession and 25 shots and not be winning.

If I remember rightly, even when we went off like a rocket at the start of last season, our underlying stats weren't very good, suggesting it wasn't going to be sustainable over a season.

Of course we should have had enough to win tonight but it was more about getting minutes into a few players. We're still short at the back but we are putting an extremely strong side together. Enjoy the ride, it's a long season and I doubt the owners would literally buy Paul Cooks ideal squad to then not give him a fair shot with it.
Regardless of it being the League Cup, this club really needed a win tonight.... on 22:06 - Aug 10 with 485 viewsSwansea_Blue

Regardless of it being the League Cup, this club really needed a win tonight.... on 21:45 - Aug 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Even more important to get some wins in the league.

Need to get the squad complete and playing.

Given the big influx of players there was a good opportunity to work on the playing side tonight with his preferred starters and formation. It was a free hit and seems like an opportunity lost to me.

I’m sat here in my usual ITFC state of resignation while the Mrs is on a high because the Swans fielded a near first team so their remoulded team could get used to the new manager’s approach, and ended up getting 3 and should have had 4 or 5. We could have used the game positively if we’d wanted, rather than largely right it off. Hey ho.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024