Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thankyou for giving me back exciting football 21:44 - Aug 10 with 8556 viewsChateauWines

Thank you all at Gamechanger, Cookie and the players. Despite tonight's result that was most enjoyable game I've seen us play in for years. It's very clear what they are working to achieve. If that's our 2nd XI I'm more than happy

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:05 - Aug 10 with 3939 viewsHighgateBlue

We just lost at home, to Newport County['s 2nd XI].

I am still hopeful we will have a great season, and the regime deserves the benefit of the doubt, and not to be judged yet. But right now we are undoubtedly at our lowest ebb. The last two seasons we have started like a train. All of Cook's time so far has been more like a drain. Personally I could not have dreamed of an 'easier' start than Morecambe and Newport at home. Hopefully we can live up to Lambert's top half finishes. If not, no amount of stroking the ball around will be "enjoyable" for me.
Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:05 - Aug 10 with 3900 viewschrismakin

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:05 - Aug 10 by HighgateBlue

I am still hopeful we will have a great season, and the regime deserves the benefit of the doubt, and not to be judged yet. But right now we are undoubtedly at our lowest ebb. The last two seasons we have started like a train. All of Cook's time so far has been more like a drain. Personally I could not have dreamed of an 'easier' start than Morecambe and Newport at home. Hopefully we can live up to Lambert's top half finishes. If not, no amount of stroking the ball around will be "enjoyable" for me.

"But right now we are undoubtedly at our lowest ebb."

Lol, brilliant

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:05 - Aug 10 with 3918 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

How are you happy with losing to Newport 2nd XI.... this club man ffs

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:06 - Aug 10 with 3888 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Didn't we create plenty of chances, just fail to take them.

Clearly still work to do, but aren't there some really positive signs?

Certainly beats watching what we were playing under Lambert at the end.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:08 - Aug 10 with 3866 viewsgtsb1966

Go on admit it, you're Frank from Holland aren't you.
Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:14 - Aug 10 with 3775 viewsGarv

What are you basing the games being 'easy' on?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:18 - Aug 10 with 3736 viewsFrankMarshall

This was a great win for Newport County and will go down as one of their best wins in recent history. Congratulations to them.

I don't think we would be in this league now if we had kept going with Lambert. We were in prime position for a play-off place and Lambert knew how to get the best out of the players he had. Hopefully we can live up to Lambert's top half finishes this season.

Frank Marshall

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:36 - Aug 10 with 3595 viewsitfcjoe

Embarrassing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:39 - Aug 10 with 3549 viewschrismakin

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:36 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

Embarrassing

Here we go, Paul Out coming.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:44 - Aug 10 with 3525 viewspointofblue

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:39 - Aug 10 by chrismakin

Here we go, Paul Out coming.

Don't know how you reached that conclusion from a one word comment?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:46 - Aug 10 with 3490 viewschrismakin

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:44 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

Probably based on a couple of historic comments, you know, people brought mine up alot so just returning the favour ;)

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:49 - Aug 10 with 3477 viewsitfcjoe

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:44 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

Yep, was aimed at the post. We’ve had one today saying the transfer window more exciting than anything in 15 years, and a 1-0 defeat at home to Newport is now the most entertaining games in years!

What are people going to be like when we actually win some games?!

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:51 - Aug 10 with 3440 viewschrismakin

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:49 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

Yep, was aimed at the post. We’ve had one today saying the transfer window more exciting than anything in 15 years, and a 1-0 defeat at home to Newport is now the most entertaining games in years!

What are people going to be like when we actually win some games?!

So he's embarassin for feeling entertained? bit odd

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:53 - Aug 10 with 3426 viewspointofblue

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:46 - Aug 10 by chrismakin

Probably based on a couple of historic comments, you know, people brought mine up alot so just returning the favour ;)

It's unnecessary (and was unnecessary that others sis the same for you). Better to move on from what's said in the past - of course people are going to be annoyed and frustrated with what's happened tonight.

The risk with the OP, of course, is it almost reminds me of how people reacted to Lambert in the early days. "The performances are better". The truth is they are; we've just got to hope that that leads to results before confidence begins to be dented.

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:53 - Aug 10 with 3427 viewsitfcjoe

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:51 - Aug 10 by chrismakin

So he's embarassin for feeling entertained? bit odd

To think our reserves losing at home to Newport’s reserves is the most entertaining game in years is embarrassing, yes.

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:59 - Aug 10 with 3382 viewsCoco

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:53 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

To think our reserves losing at home to Newport’s reserves is the most entertaining game in years is embarrassing, yes.

What you heard from inside the club mate? All hate Cook's methods? No patterns of play?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 23:00 - Aug 10 with 3363 viewsitfcjoe

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:59 - Aug 10 by Coco

What you heard from inside the club mate? All hate Cook's methods? No patterns of play?

Bit weird

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 23:00 - Aug 10 with 3348 viewschrismakin

Well not gonna lie, even based on 2 minutes of highlights, there was more in that then plenty over the past couple of seasons, so he's not wrong is he

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 23:01 - Aug 10 with 3346 viewsCoco

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 23:00 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

Bit weird

What's weird?

You absolutely THRIVED from the disfunction in the club and for someone who is somewhat of an armchair football expert I find your eagerness to pour scorn on the current regime bizarre. The amount of change at the club is huge and only an idiot wouldn't give it time and understand the need and importance of patience.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 23:07]

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 23:01 - Aug 10 with 3336 viewspointofblue

Be fair, if we're comparing it to the last couple of years the OP might have a point...

Why's that embarrassing Joe? on 23:05 - Aug 10 with 3302 viewsunstableblue

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 22:36 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

Embarrassing

I agree with the original poster.... I actually enjoyed the match

And it was with a lot of fringe/youngsters

But we mounted some waves of attack, we should have scored 3, we created chances

Dobra, Clements, Humphreys, El Mizuoni put in some great performances as our future prospects

Having just watched the highlights there is some really nice play in there

And of note Bonne, Fraser, Wolfenden - who to be honest are first teamers looked a class above

Back the project

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 23:12 - Aug 10 with 3255 viewsitfcjoe

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 23:01 - Aug 10 by Coco

What's weird?

You absolutely THRIVED from the disfunction in the club and for someone who is somewhat of an armchair football expert I find your eagerness to pour scorn on the current regime bizarre. The amount of change at the club is huge and only an idiot wouldn't give it time and understand the need and importance of patience.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 23:07]

It’s a bit of a weird comment and not really related to my point, followed by a massive straw man totally misrepresenting my position

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 23:21 - Aug 10 with 3194 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

Couldn't agree more. Said exactly that to my son after the game, not sure he quite saw it the same way!!
Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 23:28 - Aug 10 with 3164 viewsCoco

Thankyou for giving me back exciting football on 23:12 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

It’s a bit of a weird comment and not really related to my point, followed by a massive straw man totally misrepresenting my position

Sorry, was a curt response to a self proclaimed voice of authority calling someone else ‘embarrassing’.

Why's that embarrassing Joe? on 07:18 - Aug 11 with 2921 viewsBramidan

Why's that embarrassing Joe? on 23:05 - Aug 10 by unstableblue

I agree with the original poster.... I actually enjoyed the match

And it was with a lot of fringe/youngsters

But we mounted some waves of attack, we should have scored 3, we created chances

Dobra, Clements, Humphreys, El Mizuoni put in some great performances as our future prospects

Having just watched the highlights there is some really nice play in there

And of note Bonne, Fraser, Wolfenden - who to be honest are first teamers looked a class above

Back the project

I was listening to the game and have now seen the highlights.
I accept the highlights are not the best evidence on which to base a performance but I thought we looked good, playing some good attacking football.
Yes we should have converted some of those chances.
Their keeper made some significant saves.
At least we got into their penalty area instead of continually passing the ball about in our own half.
I was encouraged by the way we played, yes not happy with the result but come on, give the team a chance, second game of the season.
Getting behind ITFC instead of the constant carping would help.
Like it or not we are where we are, a League 1 team striving to improve. Stop looking back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024