Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood’s hamstring again 21:45 - Aug 10 with 2801 viewscatch74

Given special programme over the summer, hasn’t worked clearly.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Norwood’s hamstring again on 21:50 - Aug 10 with 2685 viewsjas0999

Norwood injured? Who would have thought.
Norwood’s hamstring again on 21:51 - Aug 10 with 2663 viewsTown_Boy

Bloody useless

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Norwood’s hamstring again on 21:58 - Aug 10 with 2473 viewsHighgateBlue

Norwood’s hamstring again on 21:50 - Aug 10 by jas0999

Norwood injured? Who would have thought.

I'm not certain that sarcasm either helps us understand the problem or helps solve it. He's not the only one. Nsiala, Edmundson, Nolan are all injured.

But our injury problems last year were Lambert's fault because of [something to do with training] and Evans' because of [structure structure].

Presumably these injuries are still Lambert and Evans' fault, or maybe it's all down to Norwood even...
Norwood’s hamstring again on 22:00 - Aug 10 with 2437 viewschrismakin

Norwood’s hamstring again on 21:58 - Aug 10 by HighgateBlue

I'm not certain that sarcasm either helps us understand the problem or helps solve it. He's not the only one. Nsiala, Edmundson, Nolan are all injured.

But our injury problems last year were Lambert's fault because of [something to do with training] and Evans' because of [structure structure].

Presumably these injuries are still Lambert and Evans' fault, or maybe it's all down to Norwood even...

Don't tell B/C, they'll be on the case about Rolls and his lacklustre history of injuries

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

2 games in, 2 injuries..... on 22:01 - Aug 10 with 2407 viewsBloots

....3 if you count Edmundson.

4 if you count Evans.

improved sports science.

Innit.

Sweardown.

What a club.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Norwood’s hamstring again on 22:03 - Aug 10 with 2354 viewspatrickswell

Put him in a Tranmere shirt and I bet the prick would be invincible.
Norwood’s hamstring again on 22:07 - Aug 10 with 2275 viewspatrickswell

How do you tell the difference with Nolan anyway?
Norwood’s hamstring again on 22:14 - Aug 10 with 2171 viewsHighgateBlue

Norwood’s hamstring again on 22:03 - Aug 10 by patrickswell

Put him in a Tranmere shirt and I bet the prick would be invincible.

OK so he scored 9 goals last year and was our top scorer. No other striker got more than 2. And yet he's a "prick" who is, I infer from your post, faking an injury?

Why the venom? Is it because he played for us under Evans? Or Lambert? And we're all supposed to hate Evans and Lambert? I really don't understand. Why can't we just support the /whole/ team?
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood’s hamstring again on 22:16 - Aug 10 with 2154 viewslazyblue

Not surprisingly really.

Huge difference in the way Fraser warmed up before coming on compared to Norwood( which was right in front of us).
Norwood’s hamstring again on 22:18 - Aug 10 with 2106 viewsRadlett_blue

Norwood’s hamstring again on 22:14 - Aug 10 by HighgateBlue

OK so he scored 9 goals last year and was our top scorer. No other striker got more than 2. And yet he's a "prick" who is, I infer from your post, faking an injury?

Why the venom? Is it because he played for us under Evans? Or Lambert? And we're all supposed to hate Evans and Lambert? I really don't understand. Why can't we just support the /whole/ team?

Norwood is a dislikeable player, getting involved in needless confrontations with other players & officials.
He's also no more than an average lower league striker, with a poor conversion rate of 1 on 1s & penalties.
He usually looks overweight & unfit, which we associate with him always being injured.
Norwood drove over the limit for a second time (who knows how many other times when he wasn't caught) & then delayed the case, coming up with a hopeless cock & bull story.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Norwood’s hamstring again on 22:57 - Aug 10 with 1865 viewsArnieM

He’s finished isn’t he . OR he does t like competition and has decided to throw the towel in. Can’t sell an “injured” player can we !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwood’s hamstring again on 08:21 - Aug 11 with 1499 viewsFixed_It

Norwood’s hamstring again on 22:57 - Aug 10 by ArnieM

He’s finished isn’t he . OR he does t like competition and has decided to throw the towel in. Can’t sell an “injured” player can we !

Well done. There is stiff competition, but that has to be right up there with some of the most ridiculous comments I've read on here.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

2 games in, 2 injuries..... on 08:34 - Aug 11 with 1454 viewsjayessess

2 games in, 2 injuries..... on 22:01 - Aug 10 by Bloots

....3 if you count Edmundson.

4 if you count Evans.

improved sports science.

Innit.

Sweardown.

What a club.

On average a squad of 25 footballers sustains about 50 injuries a season, 17% of them thigh strains, 12% of them re-injuries.

So, 2 first XI players recently recovered from a knock and 2 squad players with bad recent injury records getting muscle strains is probably as good as it's going to get.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Norwood’s hamstring again on 08:35 - Aug 11 with 1449 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

He had basically been ever present for about 8 years before joining us. Us being a club that have had an absolute litany of players join and spend endless time on the treatment table

I know where I think the problem lies

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Norwood’s hamstring again on 08:48 - Aug 11 with 1392 viewsitfcjoe

It's a real shame and feel genuinely sorry for him - he's clearly working hard but his body is letting him down.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwood’s hamstring again on 08:50 - Aug 11 with 1368 viewsportmanking

Norwood’s hamstring again on 08:48 - Aug 11 by itfcjoe

It's a real shame and feel genuinely sorry for him - he's clearly working hard but his body is letting him down.

Personally, I think it's his body's late reaction to his spell at Tranmere. Norwood himself said he was an outright battering ram for Rovers and pushed himself to the absolute limit, regularly playing through the pain barrier with knocks etc.

Putting that amount of strain on one's body can only last for so long.
Norwood’s hamstring again on 09:22 - Aug 11 with 1247 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Norwood’s hamstring again on 08:50 - Aug 11 by portmanking

Personally, I think it's his body's late reaction to his spell at Tranmere. Norwood himself said he was an outright battering ram for Rovers and pushed himself to the absolute limit, regularly playing through the pain barrier with knocks etc.

Putting that amount of strain on one's body can only last for so long.

I agree with you - hopefully this year he can get fully recovered from this and not have to rush back because of our attacking options where as in the last two years we've been bringing him back early.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Norwood’s hamstring again on 09:24 - Aug 11 with 1234 viewsCornishMariner

Norwood’s hamstring again on 22:16 - Aug 10 by lazyblue

Not surprisingly really.

Huge difference in the way Fraser warmed up before coming on compared to Norwood( which was right in front of us).

I noticed this too. From someone who has been involved in athletics for 40 years, a lack of warm up is asking for trouble. Given his problems as his body gets older he should be warming up more thoroughly than anyone else.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Norwood’s hamstring again on 09:25 - Aug 11 with 1217 viewsNazemariner

Has the club confirmed the extent of the injury?
Norwood’s hamstring again on 09:36 - Aug 11 with 1132 viewsRadlett_blue

Norwood’s hamstring again on 09:25 - Aug 11 by Nazemariner

Has the club confirmed the extent of the injury?

No comment even on Toto's injury. Cook doesn't do injury updates. In the past, updating on Town's injured players would have taken up an entire press conference.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024