Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? 21:45 - Aug 10 with 4286 viewsLeeds_Blue

Honestly cost us that game.
Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:47 - Aug 10 with 4209 viewsBeckets

Strange signing. Seems very un Ashton like.
Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:49 - Aug 10 with 4146 viewschrismakin

Not the back four watching the ball then?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:50 - Aug 10 with 4083 viewschicoazul

I see the sense in having a very experienced forward to back up and complement our others, but I don’t expect him to get much game time. Although given Norwood’s hamstring went today there is a good chance he will be on the bench quite a bit now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:51 - Aug 10 with 4066 viewspointofblue

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:49 - Aug 10 by chrismakin

Not the back four watching the ball then?

Well we’d have still been taken to penalties and going off our finishing this evening...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:51 - Aug 10 with 4043 viewsjas0999

Looks like a bizarre signing. Why? Doesn’t score goals. Not rated at previous clubs.
Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:54 - Aug 10 with 3883 viewschrismakin

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:51 - Aug 10 by jas0999

Looks like a bizarre signing. Why? Doesn’t score goals. Not rated at previous clubs.

Done rather well with over 200 championship games for someone not rated.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:59 - Aug 10 with 3735 viewsSomethingBlue

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:50 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

I see the sense in having a very experienced forward to back up and complement our others, but I don’t expect him to get much game time. Although given Norwood’s hamstring went today there is a good chance he will be on the bench quite a bit now.

Never seen it with him, myself. Like you I can’t imagine he is here as much more than backup.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:59 - Aug 10 with 3722 viewsrayman_10

First meaningful mins of the season. I’m not going to judge him after one 60 min performance in the Carabao cup.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:07 - Aug 10 with 3571 viewschicoazul

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:59 - Aug 10 by SomethingBlue

Never seen it with him, myself. Like you I can’t imagine he is here as much more than backup.

I don’t think I’ve seen him play more than a couple of times on tv but he has spent his career at a good level. If we didn’t have him I would want us to get someone like him for sure.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:08 - Aug 10 with 3550 viewsGarv

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:51 - Aug 10 by jas0999

That's not exactly true.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:11 - Aug 10 with 3495 viewsWallingford_Boy

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:54 - Aug 10 by chrismakin

Voted worst Reading player of last ten years, he’s shocking.

RIP Sir Bobby

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:11 - Aug 10 with 3474 viewsGarv

Cost us the game?

I don't think he had any studs on, couldn't keep his feet.

He'll do all right for us. Played all of his career in the leagues above and scored goals and been creative. On the way down for sure but a good player to have.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:24 - Aug 10 with 3323 viewsHipsterectomy

He kept cutting inside leaving Donacien on the whole wing by himself.

Not sure why as he’s an experienced player and surely positioning is something that is easy to get right. I doubt he was told to kept moving from the wing to the inside.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:32 - Aug 10 with 3217 viewschrismakin

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:24 - Aug 10 by Hipsterectomy

He kept cutting inside leaving Donacien on the whole wing by himself.

Not sure why as he’s an experienced player and surely positioning is something that is easy to get right. I doubt he was told to kept moving from the wing to the inside.

I think you'll find he probably was as Burns did the same on Saturday to give KVY Plenty of space on the flanks.

Terrible Debut... and agree if it had been a Norwood or a Piggot we win the game (n/t) on 22:35 - Aug 10 with 3175 viewsunstableblue

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:40 - Aug 10 with 3126 viewsITFCBlues

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:11 - Aug 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Voted worst Reading player of last ten years, he’s shocking.

So how many times have you seen him play?

Who cares what Reading think. They signed him for 10m or So? They have a right to have really high expectations of him. We've signed him on a free as a backup in L1. I'm perfectly happy with this signing.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:50 - Aug 10 with 3061 viewstextbackup

Whilst he didn’t cover himself in glory tonight I’d say it’s his first ever game for town after being here 4/5 days? Might be worth just giving him a chance

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:55 - Aug 10 with 3033 viewsHorseboy

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:47 - Aug 10 by Beckets

What is an Ashton like signing?
Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 01:05 - Aug 11 with 2838 viewsistanblue

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:54 - Aug 10 by chrismakin

How many goals exactly?
Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 07:39 - Aug 11 with 2504 viewshype313

No, he didn't. Absolute nonsense.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 07:42 - Aug 11 with 2489 viewsAsa

I’m so glad we got shot of that Taricco bloke, or whatever he was called, after one of the worst debuts I’ve ever seen.

Quite clearly he’d have achieved nothing here had we kept him past that first performance.
Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 09:24 - Aug 11 with 2283 viewsNazemariner

In no way whatsoever did he cost us the game.

Didn't have a great 60 mins by any means, but he was only signed 3 days ago, and was playing in a team of players that has never played together, and barely trained together.

If you are writing off a player with his level of experience after only 60 minutes then you should probably choose another sport to follow.
Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 09:57 - Aug 11 with 2166 viewsBeckets

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 22:55 - Aug 10 by Horseboy

What is an Ashton like signing?

Acquiring players at their peak or those with potential resale value. Aluko is neither and smacks of an Evans era signing.
Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 10:01 - Aug 11 with 2140 viewsWickets

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:50 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

Norwood seemed to have more than one problem . At various times he held/rubbed his groin his hamstring and the outside of his thigh ! I got the feeling he had a problem and in trying to keep going he created another one !
Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:52 - Aug 11 with 1913 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Does Aluko have a 30 day free refund clause? on 21:47 - Aug 10 by Beckets

I honestly didn’t know what to make of the signing as he’s the only player we’ve signed I had properly heard of before (I’ve dropped pretty much following all other football and so only see Town and therefore whoever we’re playing)

It did remind me of a MM signing if we’d still been in championship.. which made me think, maybe this is a brilliant signing as he’d no doubt have been lauded as our marquee signing by the club under that stewardship… when we have him in a lower league and able to manage his involvement a bit more tactically.

Either way I think he’ll get a few more games but he’ll be caviar or cabbage for us this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024