Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” 23:01 - Aug 10 with 2900 viewsElderGrizzly

Cook after tonight's game. I wonder who is at the club right now?

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:02 - Aug 10 with 2864 viewspointofblue

Yeah, I noticed him saying that. Not sure if he was speaking generally or meant something has taken place today/is taking place tomorrow.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:03 - Aug 10 with 2820 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:02 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

Yeah, I noticed him saying that. Not sure if he was speaking generally or meant something has taken place today/is taking place tomorrow.

He was talking about Jacobs...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:04 - Aug 10 with 2794 viewsElderGrizzly

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:02 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

I took it to mean today/tomorrow. Otherwise a weird thing to bring up at a post match interview. Especially unprompted.
Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:11 - Aug 10 with 2705 viewsTrequartista

I think we're just giving medicals to random Pompey players rather than signing anybody.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:15 - Aug 10 with 2641 viewsHorseboy

Chuck so much mud at a wall it will stick.....

We are losing the plot here
Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:19 - Aug 10 with 2571 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:15 - Aug 10 by Horseboy

Chuck so much mud at a wall it will stick.....

We are losing the plot here

erm, perhaps they are CB's

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:23 - Aug 10 with 2533 viewsIllinoisblue

Goal machine Cole Stockton perhaps?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:29 - Aug 10 with 2473 viewsSwansea_Blue

If we're down to Jackson and Norwood, it must be a couple of forwards. I'm surprised we haven't signed some already

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:53 - Aug 10 with 2296 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:29 - Aug 10 by Swansea_Blue

If we're down to Jackson and Norwood, it must be a couple of forwards. I'm surprised we haven't signed some already

I have no idea what we’re doing with Jackson; are we trying to reintegrate him despite signing a host of attacking players?

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:54 - Aug 10 with 2274 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:53 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

I have no idea what we’re doing with Jackson; are we trying to reintegrate him despite signing a host of attacking players?

Shop window. Ashton will get more money for a squad player imo.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:59 - Aug 10 with 2249 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't think he meant anything other than medicals have still been going on over the last few days, although I'd still expect three more signings.
Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 00:04 - Aug 11 with 2200 viewsSwansea_Blue

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:53 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

Your guess is as good as mine. At the moment it looks like Cook has Lambertitis (throw some players at it and see who sticks). But maybe there's a method to all this that I can't work out. It might be as simple as tonight being used solely as a fitness tool. Jackson's either going to be here or be sold, and he'll need to be fit for either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 00:07 - Aug 11 with 2181 viewsHighgateBlue

Medicals doesn't mean signings, just ask Jacobs... ;)

I think our medical team have got more than enough to do with our own players. We've got more injured players than we've played games so far.
Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 00:17 - Aug 11 with 2110 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 00:04 - Aug 11 by Swansea_Blue

Your guess is as good as mine. At the moment it looks like Cook has Lambertitis (throw some players at it and see who sticks). But maybe there's a method to all this that I can't work out. It might be as simple as tonight being used solely as a fitness tool. Jackson's either going to be here or be sold, and he'll need to be fit for either.

Come Saturday I’ll be amazed if Jackson is even in the squad - Burns, Fraser, Chaplin, Pigott, Barry, Edwards, Bonne; Jackson will surely not fight beyond one of them? Maybe we’re hoping to put him in the shop window?

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 06:11 - Aug 11 with 1746 viewsblueconscience

Hopefully these players are defenders who can actually defend
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 6:11]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 09:05 - Aug 11 with 1152 viewsJuggsy

Jackson probably told to go out there and put yourself in the shop window if you want out. Sadly Poundland aren’t interested.
Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 09:13 - Aug 11 with 1084 viewsNazemariner

Absolutely guaranteed that we will be signing at least one more CB and another central midfielder, so that's two medicals that he could be reffering to.
Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 09:14 - Aug 11 with 1070 viewsblueears

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 23:59 - Aug 10 by PhilTWTD

I don't think he meant anything other than medicals have still been going on over the last few days, although I'd still expect three more signings.

Centre backs l hope ? Cant believe we were in for Bradley at the begininng of the window and here we are now still without any real experienced, seasoned,captain like centre back. It was obviously a key area back then, since that,yes we signed the young guy from Rangers but he cant be expected to take that responsibility on. Toto and Wolf arnt exactly leaders at the back either.
Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 09:19 - Aug 11 with 1038 viewsRomeo4

Paul Cook interview: “We’re still having medicals at the club” on 09:14 - Aug 11 by blueears

Centre backs l hope ? Cant believe we were in for Bradley at the begininng of the window and here we are now still without any real experienced, seasoned,captain like centre back. It was obviously a key area back then, since that,yes we signed the young guy from Rangers but he cant be expected to take that responsibility on. Toto and Wolf arnt exactly leaders at the back either.

Yes a dominant and hopefully experienced CB has been a key area we need to recruit in. Hopefully it’s just a case of waiting for our man. I’d prefer to wait an additional week or 2 to get the right man in rather than just take anyone. This season is a marathon not a sprint.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024