Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. 00:06 - Aug 11 with 1211 viewsMelford

Our strong start out of the blocks in both of those seasons meant b@gger all in how we ended up. We started both seasons on deck of HMS Piss The League, but those first few weeks were as good as it got.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 06:32 - Aug 11 with 1074 viewsITFC_nostalgia

The last time we won this (equivalent) league we got 4 points from our first 9 games.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSQu07lowf_/?utm_medium=copy_link
2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 07:05 - Aug 11 with 1044 viewsAsa

I wonder how many on social media or this place would have called for Lyall’s head when we lost to Cambridge and Sunderland and went 8 or 9 without a win during one of the greatest seasons I’ve ever witnessed.

It’s frustrating but completely expected these days.
2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 07:41 - Aug 11 with 995 viewsHighgateBlue

Plainly every game counts the same. There are three points available if you manage to beat Morecambe at home, and only one if, for some reason, you can't even manage that and get a draw.

It would be ridiculous to suggest that winning the first few games gives you a bye into the playoffs. Nobody is suggesting that. It is equally ridiculous to suggest that our fantastic start in our other two seasons in this division "meant b@gger all". Plainly the points gained meant we had a bigger points total and finished higher up the league.

Let's not have unnecessary hyperbole on either side, please.

We are at our lowest ebb as far as I am concerned, as we are starting a third season in the third tier, and have drawn at home to Morecambe. I very much hope that Cook can turn around his record of results at Town thus far, and I shall be supporting him completely in trying to do that.
2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 07:47 - Aug 11 with 978 viewsAsa

2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 07:41 - Aug 11 by HighgateBlue

Plainly every game counts the same. There are three points available if you manage to beat Morecambe at home, and only one if, for some reason, you can't even manage that and get a draw.

It would be ridiculous to suggest that winning the first few games gives you a bye into the playoffs. Nobody is suggesting that. It is equally ridiculous to suggest that our fantastic start in our other two seasons in this division "meant b@gger all". Plainly the points gained meant we had a bigger points total and finished higher up the league.

We are at our lowest ebb as far as I am concerned, as we are starting a third season in the third tier, and have drawn at home to Morecambe. I very much hope that Cook can turn around his record of results at Town thus far, and I shall be supporting him completely in trying to do that.

How can this be our lowest ebb?

45/46 games left with a proven manager, playing entertaining football with a squad of players we shouldn’t be able to attract this level. Under the new ownership of heavily backed investors and an impressive CEO.

Lower ebb apparently than just a few months back? When we were bored to death with Lambert going through the motions with a squad with next to no quality, consistently having no shots against teams in the relegation zone and looking forward to a future under an owner that had slowly destroyed every aspect of the club?

What were you saying about hyperbole?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 7:48]
2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 23:06 - Aug 11 with 876 viewsMelford

2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 07:05 - Aug 11 by Asa

I wonder how many on social media or this place would have called for Lyall’s head when we lost to Cambridge and Sunderland and went 8 or 9 without a win during one of the greatest seasons I’ve ever witnessed.

It’s frustrating but completely expected these days.

Finished 10th in his first season, which was worse than Duncan did. Won the league as champions the next season with as you say a slow start. We spunked a 3-0 lead away to Bristol Rovers to draw 3-3 first game up.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 07:32 - Aug 12 with 752 viewsSaigonTractor

I think Blackpool last season are the best example of what to reasonably expect. Similar sorts of changes at the club, woeful start, but ended the season as probably the best team in the league.
2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 07:45 - Aug 12 with 724 viewsHerbivore

The last time we got promoted, over 20 years ago now depressingly, we won 4 and drew 2 in our first 6 games. You can use stats however you like really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 08:12 - Aug 12 with 673 viewsitfcjoe

Just because we have fúcked it up a couple of times doesn't make me want to start a season badly - I'm sure Paul Cook would bite your hand off for either of those starts from this point, as will every Ipswich fan out there surely?

Past performance is no guarantee of future results

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 10:51 - Aug 12 with 545 viewsCotty

2019/20 we won 9 of the first 11, 20/21 We won 5 of our first 6. on 07:41 - Aug 11 by HighgateBlue

"Let's not have unnecessary hyperbole on either side, please.

We are at our lowest ebb as far as I am concerned"

LOL
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024