Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sign Cole Stockton 10:05 - Aug 12 with 2534 viewsitfcpaul

Awesome at this level, dump Norwood

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:07 - Aug 12 with 2512 viewstractorboy1978

Based on one game?

His record at this level reads: 53 games and 7 goals.
Sign Cole Stockton on 10:08 - Aug 12 with 2496 viewsJ2BLUE

Ridiculous post.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:09 - Aug 12 with 2495 viewsitfcpaul

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:08 - Aug 12 by J2BLUE

Ridiculous post.

Guess so, he bullied us and is fit

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:09 - Aug 12 with 2485 viewsLightworker

His career stats to date suggest otherwise, I suspect we we made him look very much better than he is.
Sign Cole Stockton on 10:15 - Aug 12 with 2439 viewschicoazul

Well if what I heard this morning is true then we may indeed need another forward as Norwood sounds like he is out for 3 months!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:16 - Aug 12 with 2393 viewsitfcpaul

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:15 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

Well if what I heard this morning is true then we may indeed need another forward as Norwood sounds like he is out for 3 months!

I have heard the same which is why I suggested Stockton, decent, cheap and would do a job for us I think, although maybe not the signing we would ideally make, but who else is there out there we could

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:20 - Aug 12 with 2338 viewstractorboy1978

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:16 - Aug 12 by itfcpaul

I have heard the same which is why I suggested Stockton, decent, cheap and would do a job for us I think, although maybe not the signing we would ideally make, but who else is there out there we could

About 100 better options probably.
Sign Cole Stockton on 10:30 - Aug 12 with 2254 viewsWickets

No surprise as he has groin trouble again and and muscle injury's to his hamstring and outer thigh, well that was the way it looked anyway ! he did himself no favours by trying to keep going Tuesday night .
Login to get fewer ads

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:34 - Aug 12 with 2207 viewsitfcpaul

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:20 - Aug 12 by tractorboy1978

About 100 better options probably.

Like who then............

Sign Cole Stockton on 11:03 - Aug 12 with 2014 viewsmonty_radio

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:30 - Aug 12 by Wickets

No surprise as he has groin trouble again and and muscle injury's to his hamstring and outer thigh, well that was the way it looked anyway ! he did himself no favours by trying to keep going Tuesday night .

I guess that's part of his make-up though, isn't it? - the good, but also the downside.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Sign Cole Stockton on 11:06 - Aug 12 with 2000 viewsitfcpaul

Sign Cole Stockton on 11:03 - Aug 12 by monty_radio

I guess that's part of his make-up though, isn't it? - the good, but also the downside.

Whats the upside?

Down side means he can't play as he isnt fit, so no point is there

Sign Cole Stockton on 11:56 - Aug 12 with 1825 viewsMediocre_Quick

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:34 - Aug 12 by itfcpaul

Colby Bishop - Accrington
Matty Taylor - Oxford
Luke Jephcott - Plymouth

There's 3 for you
Sign Cole Stockton on 12:02 - Aug 12 with 1781 viewsSomethingBlue

What a shame if true, I think they've worked hard on him this summer and he looked sharp & highly motivated against Morecambe.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sign Cole Stockton on 12:03 - Aug 12 with 1768 viewsitfcpaul

Sign Cole Stockton on 11:56 - Aug 12 by Mediocre_Quick

Colby Bishop - Accrington
Matty Taylor - Oxford
Luke Jephcott - Plymouth

There's 3 for you

yep but not at the same cost level

Sign Cole Stockton on 12:06 - Aug 12 with 1724 viewsjayessess

Shame for him, bit awkward for us to get another forward in, I guess? Won't be able to sell him, probably can't leave him off the squad list, probably won't find an U21 of that quality prepared to be 3rd choice?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sign Cole Stockton on 12:06 - Aug 12 with 1724 viewsmonty_radio

Sign Cole Stockton on 11:06 - Aug 12 by itfcpaul

Whats the upside?

Down side means he can't play as he isnt fit, so no point is there

The upside is, as you know already, he has been our most reliable source of goals in a time of drought. I suspect that Pigott will quickly surpass Norwood's previous achievements, but the point I was making was that his staying on too long, albeit with helping the team in mind, is consistent with his give it the max profile in different departments of life.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Sign Cole Stockton on 12:08 - Aug 12 with 1710 viewsVaughan8

I'm no expert, but i've seen him for and against Tranmere, and he is not very good.

He actually went through a purple patch there towards the end of one season, but the rest was cr@p.

I'm guessing he's just going through a purple patch (2 games!) at the moment.
Sign Cole Stockton on 12:11 - Aug 12 with 1678 viewsjayessess

Sign Cole Stockton on 12:08 - Aug 12 by Vaughan8

I'm no expert, but i've seen him for and against Tranmere, and he is not very good.

He actually went through a purple patch there towards the end of one season, but the rest was cr@p.

I'm guessing he's just going through a purple patch (2 games!) at the moment.

I'm guessing he probably hasn't scored very many goals like his 1st against us.

Sign Cole Stockton on 12:14 - Aug 12 with 1650 viewsMediocre_Quick

Sign Cole Stockton on 12:03 - Aug 12 by itfcpaul

yep but not at the same cost level

But all vastly better players, and if he's Morecmabes prized asset, he wouldn't come cheap either
Sign Cole Stockton on 13:15 - Aug 12 with 1436 viewsFarmerpiles

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:09 - Aug 12 by itfcpaul

Guess so, he bullied us and is fit

I laughed as Stockton winked and asked his goalie 'why didn't you catch that' after turning Piggott long range effort round the post. He was on near post duties for our corners and banter was good with us stood directly behind SBR goal. One and only game I've seen of him but was impressed by his movement without the ball. Led the line well. Wouldnt be disappointed to see him come in if we've lost Norwood for 3 months.
Sign Cole Stockton on 13:37 - Aug 12 with 1364 viewsPhilTWTD

Sign Cole Stockton on 13:15 - Aug 12 by Farmerpiles

I laughed as Stockton winked and asked his goalie 'why didn't you catch that' after turning Piggott long range effort round the post. He was on near post duties for our corners and banter was good with us stood directly behind SBR goal. One and only game I've seen of him but was impressed by his movement without the ball. Led the line well. Wouldnt be disappointed to see him come in if we've lost Norwood for 3 months.

One of my journalistic colleagues mentioned him before the game having seen him playing against Col U last year, was impressed with him then. Thought he did better than any of our strikers on Saturday.
Sign Cole Stockton on 13:55 - Aug 12 with 1281 viewsLion

I absolutely agree.Forget his previous record, what was Murphys before we signed him - he absolutely bullied our defence last Saturday, yes the ref was weak but I've never seen a player getting away with literally dragging toto and Co around with 2 hands before like it was a Sunday game, they hardly won a header off him

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Sign Cole Stockton on 13:56 - Aug 12 with 1271 viewsSkip_Intro

Sign Cole Stockton on 10:34 - Aug 12 by itfcpaul

Piggott
Bonne
Chaplin
Barry

There you go...
Sign Cole Stockton on 14:38 - Aug 12 with 1159 viewsjayessess

Sign Cole Stockton on 13:55 - Aug 12 by Lion

I absolutely agree.Forget his previous record, what was Murphys before we signed him - he absolutely bullied our defence last Saturday, yes the ref was weak but I've never seen a player getting away with literally dragging toto and Co around with 2 hands before like it was a Sunday game, they hardly won a header off him

Have you considered that his "previous record" is probably a more reliable indicator of his overall ability than the one game we've seen him play against us?

Murphy's record before we signed him was a Championship winner's medal and 50+ games in the Premier League by his mid-20s.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024