Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the flouncers 13:01 - Aug 12 with 3925 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

For the flouncers on 13:03 - Aug 12 with 2804 viewsnoggin

Yeah but that was pre social media flouncing and so doesn't count.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

For the flouncers on 13:04 - Aug 12 with 2772 viewsBluefish

The vast majority of the time managers that start hopeless stay hopeless. Occasionally a minority buck the trend

Hopefully cook pulls his finger out soon and becomes a legend

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

For the flouncers on 13:04 - Aug 12 with 2785 viewsOsborneOneNil

For the flouncers on 13:03 - Aug 12 by noggin

Yeah but that was pre social media flouncing and so doesn't count.

The good ol' days.
For the flouncers on 13:10 - Aug 12 with 2698 viewschicoazul

Burley inherited a basket case getting humped in the Prem every week. Lyall inherited a broke club who had stagnated for two seasons. Cook inherited one if the wealthiest teams in the league with a huge squad which was on the up and had a decent shout of the play offs and completely ballsed it up. Also I truly detest arguments like this, like the situations are even vaguely comparable.
I hope Cook turns it around and we start Mission Premiership with a bang against Burton.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

For the flouncers on 13:18 - Aug 12 with 2660 viewsAsa

For the flouncers on 13:04 - Aug 12 by Bluefish

The vast majority of the time managers that start hopeless stay hopeless. Occasionally a minority buck the trend

If only Cook could hide behind some quite incredible extenuating circumstances hey.

Like completing a season after a takeover with the entire first team knowing they’d not be retained.
For the flouncers on 15:00 - Aug 12 with 2384 viewsBluefish

For the flouncers on 13:18 - Aug 12 by Asa

If only Cook could hide behind some quite incredible extenuating circumstances hey.

Like completing a season after a takeover with the entire first team knowing they’d not be retained.

Another free hit. How many have we thrown around now?

For the flouncers on 15:13 - Aug 12 with 2326 viewsCoco

The easiest thing in life is to be miserable and cynical and point out the negative in everything. So simple to point your finger and snipe.

The same people would've have shouted down Sir Bobby as they shouted down Paul Hurst, Roy Keane and Paul Lambert. I guess that makes them right more often than not.

Stop screaming for attention and try something new. Support your team.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

For the flouncers on 15:15 - Aug 12 with 2296 viewsBluefish

For the flouncers on 15:13 - Aug 12 by Coco

The easiest thing in life is to be miserable and cynical and point out the negative in everything. So simple to point your finger and snipe.

The same people would've have shouted down Sir Bobby as they shouted down Paul Hurst, Roy Keane and Paul Lambert. I guess that makes them right more often than not.

Stop screaming for attention and try something new. Support your team.

Will do. Cheers

Login to get fewer ads

For the flouncers on 15:20 - Aug 12 with 2264 viewsOldsmoker

But... the 2nd amendment.

A well regulated Forum, being necessary to the security of TWTD, the right of the posters to flounce when they feel like it shall not be infringed.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

For the flouncers on 15:32 - Aug 12 with 2198 viewsChurchman

For the flouncers on 13:10 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

Burley inherited a basket case getting humped in the Prem every week. Lyall inherited a broke club who had stagnated for two seasons. Cook inherited one if the wealthiest teams in the league with a huge squad which was on the up and had a decent shout of the play offs and completely ballsed it up. Also I truly detest arguments like this, like the situations are even vaguely comparable.
I hope Cook turns it around and we start Mission Premiership with a bang against Burton.

‘Inherited one if the wealthiest teams in the league’. If you mean wealthy in that a squad of 40+ Jokers who were stealing a living while being unable to last more than 45 mins you’d be right.

‘On the up’: that’ll be the team that lost 6 of 8 home games between Nov and Feb, scraped 3 wins on the trot, one of them against 10 men. Don’t make me laugh. We were woeful and have been for years.

For the record, the club had been stagnating from the day Robson left. Before you cite the play off against Charlton, I was at both games and the one at Selhurst was up there with the most miserable performances I’ve witnessed.

Lyall inherited a shambles of a team and in his first full season finished lower than Duncan’s hoofball team did, if memory serves me right. It took him that long to build his team and the rest is history.
For the flouncers on 15:39 - Aug 12 with 2139 viewsBluefish

For the flouncers on 15:32 - Aug 12 by Churchman

‘Inherited one if the wealthiest teams in the league’. If you mean wealthy in that a squad of 40+ Jokers who were stealing a living while being unable to last more than 45 mins you’d be right.

‘On the up’: that’ll be the team that lost 6 of 8 home games between Nov and Feb, scraped 3 wins on the trot, one of them against 10 men. Don’t make me laugh. We were woeful and have been for years.

For the record, the club had been stagnating from the day Robson left. Before you cite the play off against Charlton, I was at both games and the one at Selhurst was up there with the most miserable performances I’ve witnessed.

Lyall inherited a shambles of a team and in his first full season finished lower than Duncan’s hoofball team did, if memory serves me right. It took him that long to build his team and the rest is history.

Cook hasn't got that long and he didn't get in the door over the summer, he should have had a crack at it last season and didn't. It was there for the taking if he could have got a tune from any combination of an enormous and expensive squad. He doesn't compare to the others with time to get it right, he had a brief to get us up quick. He was abysmal last season but he has been back well and now must be spot on, it is a terrible start but he can put it right. What he shouldn't get is more excuses and another nothing season. If we aren't near the top next month he should hold his hands up and either walk away or get a decent assistant. No excuses from people clapping us down or denying the poor performances or results

For the flouncers on 15:44 - Aug 12 with 2124 viewsCoco

For the flouncers on 15:15 - Aug 12 by Bluefish

Will do. Cheers

just too damn cool for skool

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

For the flouncers on 15:45 - Aug 12 with 2118 viewsCoco

For the flouncers on 15:39 - Aug 12 by Bluefish

Cook hasn't got that long and he didn't get in the door over the summer, he should have had a crack at it last season and didn't. It was there for the taking if he could have got a tune from any combination of an enormous and expensive squad. He doesn't compare to the others with time to get it right, he had a brief to get us up quick. He was abysmal last season but he has been back well and now must be spot on, it is a terrible start but he can put it right. What he shouldn't get is more excuses and another nothing season. If we aren't near the top next month he should hold his hands up and either walk away or get a decent assistant. No excuses from people clapping us down or denying the poor performances or results

moron.

For the flouncers on 15:47 - Aug 12 with 2099 viewsBlueschev

Regardless of anything else, Cook most certainly did not inherit a team "on the up".
For the flouncers on 15:47 - Aug 12 with 2071 viewsBluefish

For the flouncers on 15:45 - Aug 12 by Coco

moron.

Give him a chance

For the flouncers on 15:49 - Aug 12 with 2049 viewsBluefish

For the flouncers on 15:47 - Aug 12 by Blueschev

Regardless of anything else, Cook most certainly did not inherit a team "on the up".

Gill had just got us back in contention

For the flouncers on 15:50 - Aug 12 with 2042 viewsWD19

In their first full season Burley lost the first league game away at Birmingham, before winning 3 and drawing 1 of the next 4. Scoring 8 and conceding 1 in the process. That would be the best comparison.
For the flouncers on 16:04 - Aug 12 with 1988 viewsMullet

This weird crowing and triumphalism about negativity that really isn't there, or that pronounced is odd. We haven't had a good go under Cook, we've taken big risks and we're in the third tier for yet another season.

It's all far too early to get so defensive about it all. But if people want to be objective about it, things haven't gone well yet and that's probably the crux of all this revisionism and overbearing witchhunt type stuff on here.

You can bet Cook isn't as happy as a chunk of our fans seem to be, which is the biggest hint that the truth might be different to the rhetoric.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

For the flouncers on 16:04 - Aug 12 with 1985 viewsjayessess

For the flouncers on 15:45 - Aug 12 by Coco

moron.

This thread got me interested in our how some of our other managers started off...

Roy Keane won his first 2 (dead rubbers at the end of 2007-08), then went 14 matches without a win (6 defeats, 8 draws).

Paul Jewell took over mid-January, started like a house on fire (won 4 of his first 6 games), then went the other way and lost 4 of his next 6, then won 4 of his last 5, before losing 3 of our last 4. Quite the rollercoaster (overall he won 10, drew 4 of his first 21 games, play-off form, justabout).

Mick McCarthy started off really excellently, winning 7 of his first 12, then got worse (2 wins in his next 9).

Not sure Paul Hurst and Paul Lambert's starts need re-visiting...
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 16:05]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

For the flouncers on 18:20 - Aug 12 with 1754 viewsistanblue

Burley and Lyall were at a higher level.
For the flouncers on 18:24 - Aug 12 with 1737 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

hahahahahahahaha

A squad which was on the up?!?!?!?!

That's the best bit of revisionism I've seen on here in a long time.

This club was far more screwed when Cook came in than either Burley or Lyall.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

For the flouncers on 20:12 - Aug 12 with 1593 viewsChurchman

For the flouncers on 15:39 - Aug 12 by Bluefish

‘He should have had a crack at it last season and didn’t’. What, you mean he should have played??? Bit old, isn’t he? He tried the arm round the shoulder, swapping players etc, defended the players before publicly (wrongly in my view) hammering them. They wanted him out.

The performances at Northampton and Wimbledon like so many that season were a disgrace and an insult to every supporter. They didn’t fancy it. They hid, blamed everyone else bar themselves. They rotated the post match interviews, but each time came out with the same rubbish - and they knew it but didn’t care. They figuratively laughed at us. The performance at Gillingham 4 days after his appointment? Pathetic. Gillingham busted in, we caved in. Was that down to Cook?

Nobody is saying Cook should get the three years of old to build a team. However, it is not unreasonable to give him until the end of October before giving any sort of rational view. In my view, he has started the season with a disappointing draw that had one or two encouraging signs. There is a long way to go. That’s all there is to it.

But you and many others are not interested in that. You want him gone and have done since he arrived. Why? Because he’s scouse with a funny voice or because he was slagged off by our former captain to a stranger in a toilet because he was being moved on?

I suspect there are some on here that would prefer the club to fail than succeed just to get him out of the door. The views of those who’ve been at the club or know how Cook operate are completely lost on the ‘outers’. The chaos of a manager change is what they want before they can start on the next one.

Perhaps when Cook is booted out we will get somebody like Megson. Then we can all join the party and have him gone by Christmas. No free hits remember
For the flouncers on 20:18 - Aug 12 with 1556 viewsBluefish

For the flouncers on 20:12 - Aug 12 by Churchman

‘He should have had a crack at it last season and didn’t’. What, you mean he should have played??? Bit old, isn’t he? He tried the arm round the shoulder, swapping players etc, defended the players before publicly (wrongly in my view) hammering them. They wanted him out.

The performances at Northampton and Wimbledon like so many that season were a disgrace and an insult to every supporter. They didn’t fancy it. They hid, blamed everyone else bar themselves. They rotated the post match interviews, but each time came out with the same rubbish - and they knew it but didn’t care. They figuratively laughed at us. The performance at Gillingham 4 days after his appointment? Pathetic. Gillingham busted in, we caved in. Was that down to Cook?

Nobody is saying Cook should get the three years of old to build a team. However, it is not unreasonable to give him until the end of October before giving any sort of rational view. In my view, he has started the season with a disappointing draw that had one or two encouraging signs. There is a long way to go. That’s all there is to it.

But you and many others are not interested in that. You want him gone and have done since he arrived. Why? Because he’s scouse with a funny voice or because he was slagged off by our former captain to a stranger in a toilet because he was being moved on?

I suspect there are some on here that would prefer the club to fail than succeed just to get him out of the door. The views of those who’ve been at the club or know how Cook operate are completely lost on the ‘outers’. The chaos of a manager change is what they want before they can start on the next one.

Perhaps when Cook is booted out we will get somebody like Megson. Then we can all join the party and have him gone by Christmas. No free hits remember

He had a squad big enough to find some to play for him and find a winning combination.

I know nothing at all about a toilet conversation

I have never ever said I want him out

For the flouncers on 20:18 - Aug 12 with 1565 viewsjayessess

For the flouncers on 20:12 - Aug 12 by Churchman

Christ, you're absolutely tilting at windmills here. Hands up anyone, anyone at all, who doesn't think Cook should get at least until the end of October?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 20:19]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

For the flouncers on 20:25 - Aug 12 with 1531 viewstiptreeblue

Blimey, was there a hint of positivity there?, or was it just a slip of your finger?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024