Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My declaration ahead of the game 09:56 - Aug 13 with 4070 viewsBluefish

If we lose tomorrow I will still won't be Cook out. I will have concerns that he isn't getting it right still and I will be worried about him panicking under the pressure (pressure from himself not the fans because he will know how badly it has gone). It will however be a disappointing result albeit less so than Morecambe.

If we win I will be delighted and celebrate

Just clarifying this now to save 500 posts after we win saying I bet you would have been Cook out if we had lost

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:06 - Aug 13 with 2769 viewsOsborneOneNil

I think it'll be 1-1.

Then we will win 2-0 at Cheltenham.
My declaration ahead of the game on 10:12 - Aug 13 with 2728 viewsHerbivore

Can't believe you're calling for Cook's head already. You want us to fail.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:18 - Aug 13 with 2706 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm new around here, who's calling for Cook's head?

I know I went in hard on Hurst when he arrived (oo-er) but crivens, we're just starting things over now that Scrooge McDuck is in and opened up his wallet.

Alternatively, I'll go with what Keanish thinks, he knows his onions.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:18 - Aug 13 with 2707 viewsGavTWTD

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:19 - Aug 13 with 2686 viewschicoazul

“I will still won’t be”

suspicious face.gif

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nobody is.... on 10:24 - Aug 13 with 2653 viewsBloots

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:18 - Aug 13 by artsbossbeard

I'm new around here, who's calling for Cook's head?

I know I went in hard on Hurst when he arrived (oo-er) but crivens, we're just starting things over now that Scrooge McDuck is in and opened up his wallet.

Alternatively, I'll go with what Keanish thinks, he knows his onions.

...a few have said that we've had a couple of crap results and all the happy clappers have massively over reacted.

It's a storm in a tea cup.

(a tea cup that we'd get knocked out of in the first round, obviously)

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:25 - Aug 13 with 2646 viewsIllinoisblue

Churchillian stuff

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:28 - Aug 13 with 2622 viewsThe_Realist_09

Teams have got to fancy bullying JD and Woolfy around a bit at the minute. Woolfy really struggled against Cole Stockton and I'm sure we'll face bigger units in this league.

Hoping our attack can get it over the line.
Login to get fewer ads

Nobody is.... on 10:29 - Aug 13 with 2622 viewsartsbossbeard

Nobody is.... on 10:24 - Aug 13 by Bloots

...a few have said that we've had a couple of crap results and all the happy clappers have massively over reacted.

It's a storm in a tea cup.

(a tea cup that we'd get knocked out of in the first round, obviously)

Gotcha! I've been out of action for a while.

Just saw some mentions plus some tedium on one of the facebook pages..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:35 - Aug 13 with 2582 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is this your first ever post that isn't trolling?

Or are you actually trolling and you will still will be Cook out?

I still can't quite follow how this trolling works.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:46 - Aug 13 with 2543 viewsRedX

This forum has been full of complete morons all this week. It was great for a time before that with fans excited with the takeover and new signings. Now we draw at home to Morecambe and lose a meaningless cup game and some are questioning the manager?

You should have to show you ID and proof of your IQ before posting here.

As Cook said this morning, these guys have had to move homes. Some have families so that comes with a school switch for kids and much more. You expect them to be firing on all cylinders from the start. Let people settle in and give them your full support and time in helping them do that.
My declaration ahead of the game on 10:48 - Aug 13 with 2518 viewsMattinLondon

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:35 - Aug 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is this your first ever post that isn't trolling?

Or are you actually trolling and you will still will be Cook out?

I still can't quite follow how this trolling works.

To be fair to bluefish it’s not exactly trolling is it? If we win he’ll be delighted, if not then it’s another bad result.
My declaration ahead of the game on 10:53 - Aug 13 with 2495 viewshomer_123

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:46 - Aug 13 by RedX

This forum has been full of complete morons all this week. It was great for a time before that with fans excited with the takeover and new signings. Now we draw at home to Morecambe and lose a meaningless cup game and some are questioning the manager?

You should have to show you ID and proof of your IQ before posting here.

As Cook said this morning, these guys have had to move homes. Some have families so that comes with a school switch for kids and much more. You expect them to be firing on all cylinders from the start. Let people settle in and give them your full support and time in helping them do that.

From what I've read this week, no one has been calling for Cooks head, in any way.

Some fans have pointed out that the two results so far have been poor (which they have been, although there are positive signs) and that Cooks tenure so far hasn't been that inspiring.

He's now got (almost) a squad of his choosing with clearly one or two more to come in and from what I've read people have merely pointed out that whilst the team does need time to gel and build we do need to get going.

There seems to have been a bit of a frenzy then with others conflating that with wanting Cook out, which is just plain wrong.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 10:54]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

My declaration ahead of the game on 11:12 - Aug 13 with 2400 viewsRedX

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:53 - Aug 13 by homer_123

From what I've read this week, no one has been calling for Cooks head, in any way.

Some fans have pointed out that the two results so far have been poor (which they have been, although there are positive signs) and that Cooks tenure so far hasn't been that inspiring.

He's now got (almost) a squad of his choosing with clearly one or two more to come in and from what I've read people have merely pointed out that whilst the team does need time to gel and build we do need to get going.

There seems to have been a bit of a frenzy then with others conflating that with wanting Cook out, which is just plain wrong.

Well calling for his head might have been a 'slight' exaggeration, but you know well what comes off the back of the current rumblings questioning results, his position being questioned.
My declaration ahead of the game on 11:20 - Aug 13 with 2360 viewshomer_123

My declaration ahead of the game on 11:12 - Aug 13 by RedX

Well calling for his head might have been a 'slight' exaggeration, but you know well what comes off the back of the current rumblings questioning results, his position being questioned.

'Well calling for his head might have been a 'slight' exaggeration' - no, that's wrong - no one has called for his head, period.

I've seen people post this week, simple facts and truths and then been told they are calling for Cooks head - when clearly, patently, that isn't the case. This is exactly my point.

Cook out! (n/t) on 11:26 - Aug 13 with 2314 viewsBloots

My declaration ahead of the game on 11:20 - Aug 13 by homer_123

'Well calling for his head might have been a 'slight' exaggeration' - no, that's wrong - no one has called for his head, period.

I've seen people post this week, simple facts and truths and then been told they are calling for Cooks head - when clearly, patently, that isn't the case. This is exactly my point.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

My declaration ahead of the game on 11:27 - Aug 13 with 2316 viewsRedX

My declaration ahead of the game on 11:20 - Aug 13 by homer_123

I never mentioned anyone is calling for his head. Just to clear that up. And as I've mentioned above, we know what follows that 'questioning'.
Cook out! (n/t) on 11:38 - Aug 13 with 2264 viewshomer_123

Cook out! (n/t) on 11:26 - Aug 13 by Bloots

There's always one....

My declaration ahead of the game on 12:59 - Aug 13 with 2089 viewsberkstractorboy

I was critical of the selection on Tue, thought it was a greater chance for players to gel and get a confidence boosting victory to get fans off manager/players backs, but the suggestions anywhere Cook out are mind blowingly crazy.

Cook has the best chance to get the best out of these players, many have come here over Champ teams for Cook. What is most likely to derail the team is the utter negativity on here it will be so damaging.

As others have said start backing PC and the players and judge them in a couple of months as much as we want to win every game we won't.

Don't forget the run Burton have been on and they have the confidence from that so frankly a draw tomorrow will be decent.
My declaration ahead of the game on 13:10 - Aug 13 with 2048 viewsleitrimblue

I'm still waiting for you to retract your ludicrous over exaggeration of your crazy golf skills from a few months back
My declaration ahead of the game on 13:11 - Aug 13 with 2038 viewsblue62

My declaration ahead of the game on 10:53 - Aug 13 by homer_123

nice use of the word conflating.
My declaration ahead of the game on 13:41 - Aug 13 with 1940 viewstimothyeo

My declaration ahead of the game on 11:12 - Aug 13 by RedX

Fans are allowed to question, to critique based upon what they see with their own eyes.

It's partially why we have failed as a club in recent years; applauding Lambert and singing his name as we got relegated and pretending everything was better.

So i'll stick to saying how I feel and what I think based upon events that actually happen and things I see through my own eyes.

If me coming on TWTD and saying "Cook has struggled here so far" is going to have a negative impact on the club, manager, team or whatever, then we really have no chance anyway.
My declaration ahead of the game on 13:49 - Aug 13 with 1907 viewsreusersfreekicks

You vastly overestimate the significance of your opinions and posts.
Most people dont care, but find it repetitive and tedious
My declaration ahead of the game on 13:50 - Aug 13 with 1903 viewsblueears

We need central defenders. We only have 2 youngsters and a liability.
My declaration ahead of the game on 15:08 - Aug 13 with 1793 viewsHerbivore

My declaration ahead of the game on 12:59 - Aug 13 by berkstractorboy

I was critical of the selection on Tue, thought it was a greater chance for players to gel and get a confidence boosting victory to get fans off manager/players backs, but the suggestions anywhere Cook out are mind blowingly crazy.

Cook has the best chance to get the best out of these players, many have come here over Champ teams for Cook. What is most likely to derail the team is the utter negativity on here it will be so damaging.

As others have said start backing PC and the players and judge them in a couple of months as much as we want to win every game we won't.

Don't forget the run Burton have been on and they have the confidence from that so frankly a draw tomorrow will be decent.

"the suggestions anywhere Cook out are mind blowingly crazy" - they are also a work of fiction. I've not seen anyone suggesting that Cook should go or anything approaching that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024