Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humphreys 13:20 - Aug 13 with 930 viewsPattiswickBlue

I was really impressed by him on Tuesday night, would like to see him involved in the first team this season. Loved the fact that whenever he got the ball his first thought was to play forward, including a few excellent passes in behind the Newport defense. On the back of that performance, he is one to watch for sure!

Makes me wonder whether we really need to sign two CM's, whilst we have Harper, Evans and Nolan at the club already. Humphreys and El Mizouni seem perfectly good backup options. Although, wouldn't be surprised if we see Nolan leave before the end of the window.
Humphreys on 13:25 - Aug 13 with 907 viewsThe_Realist_09

I've only seem him once against Colchester and thought he was a bit bullied physically in that one. Clearly got ability, but don't think we'll see much of him in the first team yet.
Humphreys on 13:27 - Aug 13 with 885 viewschrismakin

I think it was the Colchester game where I mentioned that he also looked to take a quick freekick when ever he won a foul. Brilliant to see that it was his first thought.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Humphreys on 13:29 - Aug 13 with 866 viewsJDB23

Humphreys on 13:25 - Aug 13 by The_Realist_09

I've only seem him once against Colchester and thought he was a bit bullied physically in that one. Clearly got ability, but don't think we'll see much of him in the first team yet.

Yes I was going to say it’s all very well looking fine when you’re playing L2 reserves with 70% possession but I assume he probably never got put under too much pressure that game. We definitely need at least one more CM brought in, but it will be good to see Humphreys get some minutes here and there if he’s up to it.
Humphreys on 13:32 - Aug 13 with 844 viewsPattiswickBlue

Humphreys on 13:25 - Aug 13 by The_Realist_09

I didn't see him against Col Utd unfortunately. I agree that we won't see much of him, which is a shame because he looks like he could be a real player. He stood out to me last year as well in the FA youth cup games I saw, when he was playing wing-back or out wide.
Humphreys on 13:36 - Aug 13 with 806 viewsPattiswickBlue

Humphreys on 13:29 - Aug 13 by JDB23

Yes I was going to say it’s all very well looking fine when you’re playing L2 reserves with 70% possession but I assume he probably never got put under too much pressure that game. We definitely need at least one more CM brought in, but it will be good to see Humphreys get some minutes here and there if he’s up to it.

Yeah I agree, he is not ready for the big physical games against the likes of Wycombe, Rotherham etc. However, for home games where we will have a lot of possession he could be a great asset as he moves the ball quickly and has the ability to split a defence with his through passes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024