Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One - last season and the season before 23:25 - Aug 13 with 463 viewsAsa

Just had a look back at the table last season over various match days to see exactly when the league table starts to take reasonable shape.

The most interesting thing I found at the 12 game mark, which I’ve always thought is when you can start to tell who will be in the mix (being roughly a quarter way through), is that both of the last two seasons, only two of the eventual top six were in the top six at that stage. The season ended for COVID in 2019/20 but I’ve used the table at 35, 36, 37 games as it was.

So in terms of the above, we’d have had a greater chance of making the top six if we were not in the top six after 12 matches than if we were, based on those previous two campaigns!

I just hope perspective is largely maintained if it takes us a while to start picking up wins on a consistent basis. Of course, the more points we get early on, the easier it will be to stay up there, but this division really is one where you can’t read much at all until late November time, when it starts to get fairly consistent in terms of the top 6-8 then against those there come May.

By that point we will have a long since settled side, likely of serious quality and depth in every position, to really kick on if we aren’t already there or thereabouts, which I’m certain we shall be. Regardless of what happens at Burton!
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 23:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024