Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? 16:49 - Aug 14 with 3524 viewsN2_Blue

All things said, it's definitely a helluva disappointing start and a real come down from the signings and being linked with Crooks / Celina.

I know it's going to take time but still seems we have as many problems in our team as encouraging signs and promise

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:52 - Aug 14 with 2351 viewsJDB23

I’ve been one of the optimists, but whatever way you look at it, it’s been a pretty dreadful start after what was a crap end to last season.

Hopeful once we get some actual CBs in the team we’ll look a bit better but there’s a lot of work to do.
Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:53 - Aug 14 with 2318 viewsblueprint

I for one will not be throwing my toys out of the pram, however we are still waiting for Cooks new manager bounce and it doesn’t like it’s coming anytime soon.
Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:54 - Aug 14 with 2244 viewsArnieM

Hardly surprising given our current “ defence” is it . Most players still haven’t actually played together yet, some even introducing themselves on the team bus going up tk Burton last night. Plus our new CB’s either still to sign on the dotted line , or be given the shirt having been in the Club for a week……not that any of the W @ - NKERS that will flounce on here will accept this.

Town won’t be up and running until the New Year. If we make the top 6 this season io will be an achievement. FACT.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:54 - Aug 14 with 2234 viewsDanTheMan

Tbh that was pretty crap. First half we had nothing and second half we started putting decent bits of play together with no end product.

I can't think of one actual chance we put together.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:56 - Aug 14 with 2157 viewspointofblue

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:54 - Aug 14 by ArnieM

Hardly surprising given our current “ defence” is it . Most players still haven’t actually played together yet, some even introducing themselves on the team bus going up tk Burton last night. Plus our new CB’s either still to sign on the dotted line , or be given the shirt having been in the Club for a week……not that any of the W @ - NKERS that will flounce on here will accept this.

Town won’t be up and running until the New Year. If we make the top 6 this season io will be an achievement. FACT.

No, sorry, I’m not having that. There’s no point flouncing tonight but considering our spending we should AT LEAST be in the top six this season. Anything but that is a failure.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:57 - Aug 14 with 2122 viewswkj

Today was a poor game. I can't give Cook much of pass for today. We looked decent in spells, but we have to be playing as a cohesive team, and we have to start now.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:58 - Aug 14 with 2078 viewsCuffy81

Individual mistakes cost is again...footballing basics..
Miss a pen and give with one away.

Tactical concerns is that both goals look to have come from KVY getting caught too high up the pitch, attacking full backs is all well any good but not if it costs you goals.

Patience...
Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:58 - Aug 14 with 2074 viewsITFCBlues

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:54 - Aug 14 by DanTheMan

Tbh that was pretty crap. First half we had nothing and second half we started putting decent bits of play together with no end product.

I can't think of one actual chance we put together.

I guess that's what happens with a completely new squad!

Need to get the deals across the line and get sometime on the training ground.

Frustrating to have so many injuries already.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:59 - Aug 14 with 2050 viewsHARRY10

I think the biggest let down is that we have not spent the zillions some convinced themselves we would be spending.

Five freebies, and a balance sheet which suggests money coming in has covered much of what has gone out.....so far, doesn't indicate any chequebook.

A long way to go yet, and an awful lot of Evans created mess to clear up still.
Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:59 - Aug 14 with 2037 viewsN2_Blue

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:56 - Aug 14 by pointofblue

No, sorry, I’m not having that. There’s no point flouncing tonight but considering our spending we should AT LEAST be in the top six this season. Anything but that is a failure.

Completely agree, failure to make top 6 PC will not last the season.

This time to gel stuff is over used as well.

yes we do need time but its also a convenient excuse. How many players did Morcambe sign?How many points do they have after 2 games?

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 17:00 - Aug 14 with 2002 viewsJDB23

It doesn’t take 5 months for a team to gel. Scraping into the playoffs would only be an achievement if we win them.
Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 17:12 - Aug 14 with 1863 viewsDanTheMan

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:58 - Aug 14 by ITFCBlues

I guess that's what happens with a completely new squad!

Need to get the deals across the line and get sometime on the training ground.

Frustrating to have so many injuries already.

Well yes but that doesn't make the game any more enjoyable. We only had one proper chance and that was the penalty.

I'm still positive we'll turn it around but right now it's painful.

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 17:21 - Aug 14 with 1789 viewsEricsGate

COOK OUT

Poll: Positive or Negative towards Paul Cook..,?

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 17:24 - Aug 14 with 1748 viewsN2_Blue

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 17:12 - Aug 14 by DanTheMan

Well yes but that doesn't make the game any more enjoyable. We only had one proper chance and that was the penalty.

I'm still positive we'll turn it around but right now it's painful.

It is a bit painful but we have to stick with it. I think we all expected a bit more.

For me it also makes a mockery of the team we played on Tuesday. We'd have been better off using the game to continue gelling the players, even like a training match and trying different things if we aren't bothered about getting knocked out so early on. What were we trying to achieve, resting players legs....well didn't help much.

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 17:34 - Aug 14 with 1694 viewsDanTheMan

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 17:24 - Aug 14 by N2_Blue

It is a bit painful but we have to stick with it. I think we all expected a bit more.

For me it also makes a mockery of the team we played on Tuesday. We'd have been better off using the game to continue gelling the players, even like a training match and trying different things if we aren't bothered about getting knocked out so early on. What were we trying to achieve, resting players legs....well didn't help much.

Agreed, think we'd have been better off trying to get some momentum going.

Just hope we start crafting out a few chances. I'd have felt better about today if we'd have done that, that's my biggest concern.

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 18:18 - Aug 14 with 1598 viewsbilllm

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 16:52 - Aug 14 by JDB23

I’ve been one of the optimists, but whatever way you look at it, it’s been a pretty dreadful start after what was a crap end to last season.

Hopeful once we get some actual CBs in the team we’ll look a bit better but there’s a lot of work to do.

Think that's 4 in 19 rubbish stats by any managers, like the Americans love, a good cook out,
Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 18:21 - Aug 14 with 1580 viewspointofblue

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 17:24 - Aug 14 by N2_Blue

I agree with this. Especially the back five and front four; I wasn't so concerned about resting Harper and Evans as they clearly had a working relationship from the Morecambe match.

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 20:28 - Aug 14 with 1466 viewsitfcjoe

I think the biggest thing for me is that so many people are going so OTT with any people who have said previously things haven’t started well. I worry people aren’t looking at what is actually happening and are just saying ‘trust the process’

First half today we couldn’t play out at all, why we didn’t mix it up I’ll never know. It was so frustrating to watch

Dobra and Edwards bright spots - but felt a step backwards with regards to patterns of play and partnerships forming

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 20:30 - Aug 14 with 1448 viewsHerbivore

Utterly bonkers. Such awful lowering of expectations.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 20:39 - Aug 14 with 1407 viewstimothyeo

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 20:30 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

Utterly bonkers. Such awful lowering of expectations.

I'm not sure why our fans are so happy to languish in League One for another season.

Saying that I have absolutely no idea why Cook has so much credit in the bank with most of our supporters when he's delivered less than Lambert so far.
Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 20:40 - Aug 14 with 1393 viewsnoggin

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 20:39 - Aug 14 by timothyeo

I'm not sure why our fans are so happy to languish in League One for another season.

Saying that I have absolutely no idea why Cook has so much credit in the bank with most of our supporters when he's delivered less than Lambert so far.

What would you suggest the club do?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 20:42 - Aug 14 with 1372 viewsnoggin

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 18:18 - Aug 14 by billlm

Think that's 4 in 19 rubbish stats by any managers, like the Americans love, a good cook out,

Anyone able to explain this?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 20:51 - Aug 14 with 1347 viewspointofblue

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 20:42 - Aug 14 by noggin

Anyone able to explain this?

Cook's won four matches out of the 19 he's been in charge of us; the 'Cook out' comment being a veiled hint that he should be sacked.

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 20:57 - Aug 14 with 1327 viewstimothyeo

Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 20:40 - Aug 14 by noggin

What would you suggest the club do?

Well, weve now recruited a whole squad for PC so need to stick with him and hope both last season and the start of this season arent representative of PCs entire time here.
Forum is going to be unbearable tonight isn't it? on 21:05 - Aug 14 with 1293 viewsquirkie

My memory is not once what it was but didn't we start our 1st 2 seasons in this league quite well and then it all went pear shaped.

So maybe a bit different this season, a slow start and pick things up as we progress through the season with a strong finish.

Can only live in hope.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 21:10]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024