Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pigott. 17:51 - Aug 14 with 2873 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Not convinced so far. Hoping to be...

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Pigott. on 17:57 - Aug 14 with 2822 viewschrismakin

Imo hes the same as all strikers. Needs chances created for him. Thats how he scored last year.
Norwood is the same. Bonne is the same.

We wont get a striker who will create their own goals. But if we dont supply the strikers we have then they cant do what they are best at.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pigott. on 17:59 - Aug 14 with 2790 viewswkj

If it wasn't an own goal today, it would have been Pigotts. I can't help but feel you're letting Norwood rule your head a bit too much.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Pigott. on 18:03 - Aug 14 with 2753 viewsJDB23

Yes from what I've seen of him so far he's yet to show me much. I was happy to bring him in on a free to complement our attacking options, but I hope he's not been identified as someone who is going to start week in week out as our main ST.
Pigott. on 18:08 - Aug 14 with 2703 viewsN2_Blue

He was the one signing I wasn't that excited about, but i seemed to be on my own and everyone said he was excellent and it was a bit of a coup to land him rather than a champ club.

Never have i more wanted to be wrong, early days but it's asking a lot to lead the line like Murphy did.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Pigott. on 18:13 - Aug 14 with 2648 viewsKeaneish

Not convinced by his 20 goals in a relegation threatened team last season?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Pigott. on 18:15 - Aug 14 with 2632 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Pigott. on 18:13 - Aug 14 by Keaneish

Not convinced by his 20 goals in a relegation threatened team last season?

No I'm not.

I will on judge him on what he does playing for us.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Pigott. on 18:18 - Aug 14 with 2616 viewsSimonds92

Pigott. on 17:59 - Aug 14 by wkj

If it wasn't an own goal today, it would have been Pigotts. I can't help but feel you're letting Norwood rule your head a bit too much.

I see him very much as a Jordan Rhodes type, he doesn't do enough outside the box. Im not sure why we've signed him to play as a lone striker. I definitely think he could be effective but with a strike partner.
Pigott. on 18:21 - Aug 14 with 2574 viewsAsa

Pigott. on 18:03 - Aug 14 by JDB23

Yes from what I've seen of him so far he's yet to show me much. I was happy to bring him in on a free to complement our attacking options, but I hope he's not been identified as someone who is going to start week in week out as our main ST.

The same people saying they hope a bloke who scored 20 goals last season in a side that almost went down isn’t our main goal scoring hope this season, inferring we have better, will also be suggesting our strikers aren’t good enough for this level.
Login to get fewer ads

Pigott. on 18:52 - Aug 14 with 2423 viewsSimonds92

Pigott. on 18:21 - Aug 14 by Asa

The same people saying they hope a bloke who scored 20 goals last season in a side that almost went down isn’t our main goal scoring hope this season, inferring we have better, will also be suggesting our strikers aren’t good enough for this level.

Despite all we've brought in, Norwood is still the best striker we have especially if we're playing a lone striker.
Pigott. on 19:04 - Aug 14 with 2373 viewsAsa

Pigott. on 18:52 - Aug 14 by Simonds92

Despite all we've brought in, Norwood is still the best striker we have especially if we're playing a lone striker.

Really don’t see it.

Plus Norwood actually has to be fit.

Piggott got 20 goals last season in a team that created little. Bonne got something like 10 in the Championship two seasons ago. Norwood has been on for 15 in this division if he could stay fit for the season, which he never can.

Until the team has time to work out how to get the best of each other, players won’t be firing on all cylinders. Piggott was brilliant against us last season. Looked great every time I saw him. No surprise he’s not looked great for us yet because we’ve played five different players in the three positions off him in the two league matches.

It will take time, as much as some don’t want to acknowledge it. You can throw one player into an established side and sometimes it clicks. But never when the whole lot are new.
Mathie rated him on the wireless (n/t) on 19:06 - Aug 14 with 2345 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Pigott. on 20:40 - Aug 14 with 2092 viewsKeaneish

Pigott. on 18:15 - Aug 14 by OriginalMarkyP

No I'm not.

I will on judge him on what he does playing for us.

How about judging him on being a professional footballer with a good track record settling into a new team instead will knee jerk reactions? He was decent against Morecambe too.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Pigott. on 20:44 - Aug 14 with 2065 viewsITFC_Forever

Was making the runs (or trying to), we weren’t playing the ball early enough through for him.

Final balls into the box weren’t good enough either - needs the service.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Pigott. on 21:40 - Aug 14 with 1897 viewsVic

Don’t forget that Cook has said that he doesn’t yet know his best team. He might come to the same conclusion.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Pigott. on 09:28 - Aug 15 with 1501 viewsblueM3

I've not been disappointed in him, I've been disappointed FOR him.

I expected this new team and new style we've been promised to be exactly what strikers want. Ball to feet, through balls, defences sliced open.

So far, our link up play from the attacking 3 behind the striker just hasn't been there. That's where it all seems to have broken down so far. The lack of understanding in that area of the pitch is scary. None of them seem to be able to create an opening for Piggot. We then end up lobbing aimless high balls up to him, completely isolated.

I feel sorry for him as he just hasnt been able to show much in the way of actual football so far!

Hopefully we become a bit more penetrating as things click. That way we can see him with the ball at his feet in the danger areas, rather than being bundled around in the air trying to knock the ball down to players who aren't there..
Pigott. on 09:51 - Aug 15 with 1427 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

He’s a different type of striker to what we’ve had on our books, probably since Pitman.

As every has said, it will take time, but I certainly share an element of concern as it certainly wouldn’t be the first time we sign a player misuse them slightly (position, system etc.) and they don’t contribute anything near to what they’re capable of
Pigott. on 09:55 - Aug 15 with 1407 viewsCuffy81

Pigott. on 09:28 - Aug 15 by blueM3

I've not been disappointed in him, I've been disappointed FOR him.

I expected this new team and new style we've been promised to be exactly what strikers want. Ball to feet, through balls, defences sliced open.

So far, our link up play from the attacking 3 behind the striker just hasn't been there. That's where it all seems to have broken down so far. The lack of understanding in that area of the pitch is scary. None of them seem to be able to create an opening for Piggot. We then end up lobbing aimless high balls up to him, completely isolated.

I feel sorry for him as he just hasnt been able to show much in the way of actual football so far!

Hopefully we become a bit more penetrating as things click. That way we can see him with the ball at his feet in the danger areas, rather than being bundled around in the air trying to knock the ball down to players who aren't there..

Good post

He needs service into his feet to be more effectual and link with the 3 behind him, just because he's 6'2 doesn't mean we have look to him with high balls.
Pigott. on 11:19 - Aug 15 with 1284 viewsJamestownPrince

It will be hard for Piglet to score if the service is Pooh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024