Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just goes to show what fans on forums know 17:33 - Aug 15 with 1373 viewsAsa

A lot of Accrington fans saying Burgess will be easily replaced.

Burgess own Twitter shows he’s retweeted just about every League One team of the year and he is of course in the lot of them.

So one of the best two centre backs in this league last year. Won most aerial duels in the division. But not that good according to Accy supporters. Okaaaay then.
Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 17:37 - Aug 15 with 1310 viewsJ2BLUE

They're right to be fair. No disrespect to Burgess, I just mean their ambition is what, mid table? If they have even half of the £750k to replace him then they'll be fine.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 17:45 - Aug 15 with 1252 viewsAsa

Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 17:37 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

They're right to be fair. No disrespect to Burgess, I just mean their ambition is what, mid table? If they have even half of the £750k to replace him then they'll be fine.

Well to my mind replacing him should mean with the same quality or better.

I know what you mean and they probably mean. Should be able to easily replace him with a mid table League One defender.

But Accrington won’t replace him with one of the two best centre backs in the division this time around, in all likeliness, but you’re right in that they can replace him to the extent of their ambition.
Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 18:00 - Aug 15 with 1174 viewsStenvict

Don't forget Nsiala and Nolan were in the L1 Team of the Year not so long ago

Poll: What will be announced first?

Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 18:06 - Aug 15 with 1129 viewspistonbroke

So be honest , how much have you seen of him live to come to the conclusion he was one of the top 2 center backs
Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 18:15 - Aug 15 with 1049 viewsAsa

Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 18:06 - Aug 15 by pistonbroke

So be honest , how much have you seen of him live to come to the conclusion he was one of the top 2 center backs

I’ve seen him a couple of times. He’s looked decent.

But I’m not going off that. Anyone can look decent on their day. As I said, Burgess was voted in pretty much every League One team of the year judging by his retweets.

All the ones I tend to take notice of, Whoscored etc, seem to have decided he was over 46 games, which bodes well and is likely much more telling than me having seen him a few times, one of which turns out to have been his debut against us.
Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 18:46 - Aug 15 with 887 viewspistonbroke

Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 18:15 - Aug 15 by Asa

I’ve seen him a couple of times. He’s looked decent.

But I’m not going off that. Anyone can look decent on their day. As I said, Burgess was voted in pretty much every League One team of the year judging by his retweets.

All the ones I tend to take notice of, Whoscored etc, seem to have decided he was over 46 games, which bodes well and is likely much more telling than me having seen him a few times, one of which turns out to have been his debut against us.

So in other words you’re going on something other people say rather than what you’ve seen
Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 18:51 - Aug 15 with 862 viewsgordon

Which teams of the year was he in? Checked the PFA one and he wasn't in that.
Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 18:54 - Aug 15 with 827 viewsAsa

Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 18:46 - Aug 15 by pistonbroke

So in other words you’re going on something other people say rather than what you’ve seen

No. I’m saying I’ve seen him about three times and he’s been decent.

But I don’t know that much about him to form a strong opinion. The people who monitor all the stats and decide what the team of the season was generally get it pretty right.

So I think he’s good based on seeing him. The people that have seen him a lot more than me and rate all the League One players believe him to be the second best centre half in this division last year.
Login to get fewer ads

Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 18:59 - Aug 15 with 798 viewsAsa

Just goes to show what fans on forums know on 18:51 - Aug 15 by gordon

Which teams of the year was he in? Checked the PFA one and he wasn't in that.

Whoscored. Playmaker. Few others by the looks of it.

Ones that tend to run off actual stats that measure performance rather than the popularity contests where people just vote for the players at the big clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024