Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boring Premiership Football 17:41 - Aug 15 with 850 viewsBramidan

Just watched first half of Man City v Spurs.
Loads of possession passes, if we have the ball you can't score.
Hope you make a mistake, not exactly entertaining.
I used to love football but do you know I'm beginning to fall out of love with football.
Sunday afternoon, poor weather and I can't even be bothered to watch.
By the way I don't pay for sky!
Boring Premiership Football on 17:47 - Aug 15 with 824 viewsSitfcB

The games against the ‘big teams’ usually are boring apart from the odd occasion.

Newcastle v West Ham was a good game by all accounts but typically didn’t watch that one.

The last half an hour of this should be good now Spurs have scored.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Boring Premiership Football on 17:51 - Aug 15 with 807 viewsMerseyBlue

I often give the City game a miss, for all their talent they indulge too much in sh1thousery for me to enjoy them. That being said, have watched this one as some of my extended family are Spurs fans so have a bit of a soft spot for them.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Boring Premiership Football on 17:58 - Aug 15 with 781 viewsSwansea_Blue

My (likely half-cocked) theory on this is that teams work so hard on shape and the defensive side of the game these days, it makes it extremely difficult to break them down unless you’ve got a genius on your side. Combine that with a bit of a safety first approach to reset and go again from the back and you have a lot of matches where teams spend 3/4 of the time tentatively probing but going nowhere. It’s very common.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boring Premiership Football on 18:29 - Aug 15 with 719 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

City need to start playing with a striker.

Very boring without, and they started to lose momentum at the end of last season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Boring Premiership Football on 20:08 - Aug 15 with 571 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Match of the Day last night was superb though wouldn't you agree? Goals galore, and good ones too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024