Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CB pairing for Tuesday... 21:36 - Aug 15 with 1015 viewsWicklowBlue

So TWTD God's what is your CB pairing for Tuesday? Naturally Burgess starts and from a quick scan is a right footed CB. Do you pair him with the Woolf? (Left footed iirc) or JD? A lot of comments saying JD didn't put a foot wrong but did he have any influence on the game?

I seem to recall a lot of discussion back in the day about having Smith and Chambers as a natural left and right pairing, is this still desired? Is Edmundson a leftie?

Having such a strong CB in the air is definitely going to make us stronger. Thoughts?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 21:47]
CB pairing for Tuesday... on 21:38 - Aug 15 with 1006 viewspointofblue

Woolfenden on the right and Burgess on the left. I'm assuming Edmundson won't be ready yet and, even if he is, we'll ease him back in from the bench.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 21:41 - Aug 15 with 971 viewsWicklowBlue

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 21:38 - Aug 15 by pointofblue

Woolfenden on the right and Burgess on the left. I'm assuming Edmundson won't be ready yet and, even if he is, we'll ease him back in from the bench.

Another thought to add, am I right in saying Burgess played in a 3 at the back for Accy?
CB pairing for Tuesday... on 21:45 - Aug 15 with 948 viewschicoazul

Ed will need a reserves game before he plays for the firsts.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 21:49 - Aug 15 with 917 viewsWicklowBlue

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 21:45 - Aug 15 by chicoazul

Ed will need a reserves game before he plays for the firsts.

Chico has there been any insight into Eds injury? Burgess was evidently playing in pain for Accy but fine for Tuesday.
CB pairing for Tuesday... on 21:52 - Aug 15 with 897 viewspointofblue

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 21:41 - Aug 15 by WicklowBlue

Another thought to add, am I right in saying Burgess played in a 3 at the back for Accy?

He did but I can't see us switching to a back three.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 22:03 - Aug 15 with 833 viewsMullet

I wouldn't be surprised to see Penney Burgess Woolf Donacien as our back four Tuesday

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 22:03 - Aug 15 with 830 viewschicoazul

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 21:49 - Aug 15 by WicklowBlue

Chico has there been any insight into Eds injury? Burgess was evidently playing in pain for Accy but fine for Tuesday.

No clue blud sorry
All I know is he is too tight to the red zone to be considered right now
Players play thru pain all the time though, pain is subjective. If he has an ingrowing toenail that’s painful but you can play and get it sorted when you have a free international week. A tender hamstring or a rocked ankle is a different matter.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 22:04 - Aug 15 with 822 viewschicoazul

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 22:03 - Aug 15 by Mullet

I wouldn't be surprised to see Penney Burgess Woolf Donacien as our back four Tuesday

KVY that bad so far? Not to say I don’t like Janoi, I do!

Login to get fewer ads

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 22:06 - Aug 15 with 814 viewsMullet

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 22:04 - Aug 15 by chicoazul

KVY that bad so far? Not to say I don’t like Janoi, I do!

Can't see 3 game weeks in him any time soon. He looks like a bloke who's been riddled with injury and setbacks still.

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 22:08 - Aug 15 with 799 viewschicoazul

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 22:06 - Aug 15 by Mullet

Can't see 3 game weeks in him any time soon. He looks like a bloke who's been riddled with injury and setbacks still.

Poor guy. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a young RB come in on loan soon in that case. 2 more loan slots free now.

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 22:23 - Aug 15 with 732 viewsMullet

CB pairing for Tuesday... on 22:08 - Aug 15 by chicoazul

Poor guy. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a young RB come in on loan soon in that case. 2 more loan slots free now.

His thigh was taped under his shorts yesterday and he struggled again at times. I think he’s a great player but might need some care and at least that seems evident with Edmundson, Burns and Chaplin.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024