Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit 08:44 - Aug 16 with 7951 viewsUppaTowen78

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-just-dream-true-l
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 08:56 - Aug 16 with 5383 viewsParisBlue

"At Ipswich, sometimes we used to move the ball but it was so slow, so there was no purpose in it. This has got purpose and it’s a pleasure."

Quite...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:00 - Aug 16 with 5321 viewscvillageblue

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 08:56 - Aug 16 by ParisBlue

"At Ipswich, sometimes we used to move the ball but it was so slow, so there was no purpose in it. This has got purpose and it’s a pleasure."

Quite...

Erm wasn’t it up to him to do something about it?

Blog: Was It Worth It?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:08 - Aug 16 with 5245 viewswkj

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:00 - Aug 16 by cvillageblue

Erm wasn’t it up to him to do something about it?

To a point, but one thing we did last year was to pass backwards from advanced position on the wings instead of hit early low crosses into the middle, which was how a lot of teams were playing in L1.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:12 - Aug 16 with 5202 viewsSitfcB

When asked what happened at Portman Road, Downes responded: "Honestly, I wish I could tell you.

Why doesn’t he then?

And he told Cook he wanted to leave yet was surprised he was in the U23s

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:20 - Aug 16 with 5094 viewsGarv

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:08 - Aug 16 by wkj

To a point, but one thing we did last year was to pass backwards from advanced position on the wings instead of hit early low crosses into the middle, which was how a lot of teams were playing in L1.

I think a large reason for that is we had no one that could beat a man or deliver a proper cross.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:22 - Aug 16 with 5063 viewswkj

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:20 - Aug 16 by Garv

I think a large reason for that is we had no one that could beat a man or deliver a proper cross.

Early crosses on the edge of the box are often glorified passes anyway. We had players who should have been capable of beating their man, but no one was that fit toward our last 10 or so games.

Crybaby

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:32 - Aug 16 with 4982 viewsWarkystache

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:12 - Aug 16 by SitfcB

When asked what happened at Portman Road, Downes responded: "Honestly, I wish I could tell you.

Why doesn’t he then?

He's no great loss to us at the moment, let's face it.

A player who always seemed to have his own agenda and looked frustrated when he finally did play at times. The parting was always on the cards, albeit I thought he'd do better than Swansea City. He's not a Prem player yet and will need to buckle down and work hard if he wants to be; alas, I'm not certain he'll be able to convert that promise into reality.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:44 - Aug 16 with 4885 viewsPilgrimblue

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:20 - Aug 16 by Garv

Perhaps but after MM left I feel that Flynn lost his way. The head butt at Cambridge and his general attitude on the pitch where he was on verge of getting a red card every game, showed that he wasn't 100% behind the team.
He put in transfer so wanted out, whereas I felt he should have been rolling up his sleeves and showing what he could do. Maybe then the bigger clubs would have come looking and his agent could have found a buyer. I don't think he went about his exit in the right way and shouldn't be blaming Town for all of it!
Login to get fewer ads

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:47 - Aug 16 with 4832 viewswkj

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:44 - Aug 16 by Pilgrimblue

Perhaps but after MM left I feel that Flynn lost his way. The head butt at Cambridge and his general attitude on the pitch where he was on verge of getting a red card every game, showed that he wasn't 100% behind the team.
He put in transfer so wanted out, whereas I felt he should have been rolling up his sleeves and showing what he could do. Maybe then the bigger clubs would have come looking and his agent could have found a buyer. I don't think he went about his exit in the right way and shouldn't be blaming Town for all of it!

Indeed. Downes seems like a highly sensitive person on and off of the pitch.

Crybaby

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:55 - Aug 16 with 4729 viewsBondiBlue

After MM left? Bit revisionist. He was superb in the first season in league one.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 10:00 - Aug 16 with 4658 viewsHipsterectomy

I saw him play for Swansea on Saturday and he didn't do much. At one point he was arguing with the ref for a free kick when he tripped and the Sky commentators were joking about his aggression

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 10:10 - Aug 16 with 4557 viewsChurchman

There appears to be plenty of things he’s not gone about in the right way. Like Cook after the players chucked in the towel last season, Downes would be well advised to keep his trap shut on his time here.

One thing struck me as odd is that he tells the manager he wants out for the second season in a row and is binned to the stiffs Downes moans that his pre-season has been hampered by it. Did he expect to be starting the pre season games so that we can get his fitness ready for his big move? Dream on.

As for the weekend game being the best he’s ever played in; that Ipswich’s build up was slow etc, that says more about him than it does his previous club. Not least that the ineptitude at ITFC had nothing to do with him. Other peoples’ problem.

I wish him well in his career, but I’m pleased he’s gone.
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 10:16 - Aug 16 with 4488 viewsBlueBlood90

He seems like a bit of an idiot to me. Glad he's gone.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 10:24 - Aug 16 with 4418 viewsHerbivore

Lots of sour grapes on this thread. Weird.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:19 - Aug 16 with 4201 viewsLankHenners

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 10:24 - Aug 16 by Herbivore

Lots of sour grapes on this thread. Weird.

Didn't you get the memo? Everyone Cook sold/got rid of was useless and a stain on the club and saying otherwise makes you a traitor to the glorious new regime.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:23 - Aug 16 with 4164 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quite...

He was on the Tellybob on saturday night. Fluffed his lines though in the first few minutes when in acres of space on the edge of the box, was on for the shot but dallied on the ball and in the end did nothing.

McG played as well. Looked pretty trim and rapid. I don't seem to remember him moving anywhere near as fast for us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:26 - Aug 16 with 4128 viewsSteve_M

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:55 - Aug 16 by BondiBlue

After MM left? Bit revisionist. He was superb in the first season in league one.

Never in any danger of getting sent off during that season either. And the main reason he didn't do much last season was because he was injured.

The revisionism elsewhere on this thread is just where we are at the moment I think. Good move for him though, I'll be interested to see how well he does at Swansea.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:34 - Aug 16 with 4068 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:19 - Aug 16 by LankHenners

Didn't you get the memo? Everyone Cook sold/got rid of was useless and a stain on the club and saying otherwise makes you a traitor to the glorious new regime.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:49 - Aug 16 with 3999 viewsJ2BLUE

Just another play to me now. I have no interest in following his career. I wish him well but honestly, I can't say I care either way anymore.

It's nothing he has done. He just won't be someone I keep an eye on after they leave us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:53 - Aug 16 with 3965 viewstimothyeo

It's a shame, if he was still here he'd comfortably be our best midfielder.

Wish him well at Swansea, seems a good fit for him.
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 12:08 - Aug 16 with 3844 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Quite...

The only strange thing there is couldn't he see that this was changing moving forward and he should have wanted to be a part of it. I suppose he was confident he would get a move to the Championship rather than having to wait for the possibility of it with us.

Anyhow, it is the past now and nothing here is that unexpected from what we could see with our own eyes. Good luck to Downes. Good luck to Town.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 12:12 - Aug 16 with 3839 viewsDarth_Koont

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:12 - Aug 16 by SitfcB

Why doesn’t he then?

Isn’t that more him saying that he’s at a loss to explain it?

He can join everyone else then as it made no sense that players like Downes and Dozzell couldn’t perform and became symptomatic of the problem rather than the solution.

Bit like the Jewell era, it felt clear that we were missing a direction but surprising that so many who had performed in the Championship (or in League One before) just couldn’t get a grip on playing as an Ipswich team in League One.

Pronouns: He/Him

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 13:07 - Aug 16 with 3627 viewsHerbivore

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:19 - Aug 16 by LankHenners

It does rather seem that way. You either back everything 100% and that also entails detesting anyone who was at the club last year (except Cook and the few players he kept) or you should be burned at the stake for heresy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 13:27 - Aug 16 with 3486 viewsitfcjoe

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:49 - Aug 16 by J2BLUE

Just another play to me now. I have no interest in following his career. I wish him well but honestly, I can't say I care either way anymore.

It's nothing he has done. He just won't be someone I keep an eye on after they leave us.

Surely good to follow those we have a significant financial stake in them doing well with a sell on?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 13:34 - Aug 16 with 3422 viewsVic

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:53 - Aug 16 by timothyeo

It's a shame, if he was still here he'd comfortably be our best midfielder.

Wish him well at Swansea, seems a good fit for him.

I wish him well too, but cannot agree that he’d be our best midfielder if he was still here. He’d have a very healthy scrap on his hands for a starting place - just as he has at SWFC.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024