Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Caroll then 10:52 - Aug 16 with 5241 viewsitfcsuth

Squad completed after this signing I feel.
Tom Caroll then on 10:53 - Aug 16 with 4092 viewsOwainG1992

This just a rumour? Because he is a bloody talent.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Tom Caroll then on 10:54 - Aug 16 with 4048 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tom Caroll then on 10:53 - Aug 16 by OwainG1992

Check the front page.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tom Caroll then on 10:55 - Aug 16 with 4046 viewsitfcsuth

Tom Caroll then on 10:53 - Aug 16 by OwainG1992

No, Phil run the story on it.
Tom Caroll then on 10:55 - Aug 16 with 4028 viewsOwainG1992

Tom Caroll then on 10:54 - Aug 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Check the front page.

Literally just seen!
😂
That's a big statement for me.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Tom Caroll then on 10:58 - Aug 16 with 3963 viewsBlueySwede

For me I would like one more centre back as well, in the experienced mould. After that I would be quite happy with the squad if this deal happens.
Tom Caroll then on 11:00 - Aug 16 with 3911 viewsTractorCam

Tom Caroll then on 10:55 - Aug 16 by OwainG1992

Literally just seen!
😂
That's a big statement for me.

Criminal if we don't go up.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Tom Caroll then on 11:02 - Aug 16 with 3862 viewsitfcsuth

Tom Caroll then on 10:58 - Aug 16 by BlueySwede

For me I would like one more centre back as well, in the experienced mould. After that I would be quite happy with the squad if this deal happens.

I don't think will happen.

Seems to me Edmundson & Burgess look set to be the go to pairing - with Woolfenden, Nsiala, Donacien all being further options.
Tom Caroll then on 11:04 - Aug 16 with 3816 viewsitfcsuth

Tom Caroll then on 11:00 - Aug 16 by TractorCam

Criminal if we don't go up.

There is a high level of individual quality at this club now, that is of no doubt.

However, as frustrating as it may be to people, it will take a little bit of time to become a high quality team together.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Caroll then on 11:08 - Aug 16 with 3729 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Caroll then on 11:02 - Aug 16 by itfcsuth

Seems to me Edmundson & Burgess look set to be the go to pairing - with Woolfenden, Nsiala, Donacien all being further options.

If the first two of those can stay fit, that is more than adequate. However, we have already seen we cannot rely on players remaining fit. I would happily see an upgrade on Woolfenden or move on Donacien to get better than those 3 in. Much as Woolfenden and Nsiala played in a solid defence last season, it was in a different style and playing together or with Donacien so far they have not looked good enough this season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tom Caroll then on 11:11 - Aug 16 with 3676 viewsMetal_Hacker

Tom Caroll then on 11:08 - Aug 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

If the first two of those can stay fit, that is more than adequate. However, we have already seen we cannot rely on players remaining fit. I would happily see an upgrade on Woolfenden or move on Donacien to get better than those 3 in. Much as Woolfenden and Nsiala played in a solid defence last season, it was in a different style and playing together or with Donacien so far they have not looked good enough this season.

Isn't the number 2 shirt still available ? Suggests there's at least one more to come in

Poll: If it were one or the other

Tom Caroll then on 11:13 - Aug 16 with 3639 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Caroll then on 11:11 - Aug 16 by Metal_Hacker

Isn't the number 2 shirt still available ? Suggests there's at least one more to come in

It is unless Carroll gets it. Otherwise he is 13 (unlikely), 25 or higher. I guess 25 is most likely because 2 is not traditionally a midfielder's number.

Tom Caroll then on 11:15 - Aug 16 with 3598 viewsjayessess

Tom Caroll then on 11:11 - Aug 16 by Metal_Hacker

Or just that neither Donacien nor KVY wanted it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Tom Caroll then on 11:17 - Aug 16 with 3561 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Caroll then on 11:02 - Aug 16 by itfcsuth

I'd be surprised if anything else happens there too. 5 genuine first team options for 2 spots is more than enough. He's also got enough to use a back 3 if he want to to, which could be a better option given our fullbacks seem better going forward (KVY at least).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tom Caroll then on 11:18 - Aug 16 with 3532 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Tom Caroll then on 11:21 - Aug 16 with 3484 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Caroll then on 11:17 - Aug 16 by Swansea_Blue

I'd be surprised if anything else happens there too. 5 genuine first team options for 2 spots is more than enough. He's also got enough to use a back 3 if he want to to, which could be a better option given our fullbacks seem better going forward (KVY at least).

That's a reasonable summary. I just think it seems important that we keep at least one of Edmundson and Burgess fit. Hopefully they will provide the leadership and organisation we have been sorely missing.

Tom Caroll then on 11:22 - Aug 16 with 3461 viewsMetal_Hacker

Tom Caroll then on 11:18 - Aug 16 by BryanPlug

Which is where my thought process is

Tom Caroll then on 11:30 - Aug 16 with 3381 viewsjayessess

Tom Caroll then on 11:18 - Aug 16 by BryanPlug

Can't see it, really. 5 senior centre backs in a squad of 20? We'd have to reduce our depth somewhere else.

Tom Caroll then on 11:33 - Aug 16 with 3328 viewsdirtyboy

Tom Caroll then on 11:04 - Aug 16 by itfcsuth

There is a high level of individual quality at this club now, that is of no doubt.

However, as frustrating as it may be to people, it will take a little bit of time to become a high quality team together.

That's my thoughts, there's competition everywhere and on paper, decent competition too.

Finding the best players/partnerships will definitely take a good few matches and plenty of training sessions to identify.

Results may take a bit longer to come by than people think, but when it's all settled upon, I think we'll definitely be in the top 3 by January.
Tom Caroll then on 11:34 - Aug 16 with 3308 viewsMetal_Hacker

Tom Caroll then on 11:30 - Aug 16 by jayessess

Can't see it, really. 5 senior centre backs in a squad of 20? We'd have to reduce our depth somewhere else.

I can't help but think one or both Jackson and Donacien will still go

Jackson for obvious reasons - been given squad number but not much choice other than to do so due to lack of interest but I'm guessing we'd still look at getting rid

Donacien just because of his "worth" within the squad being simply cover and limited at that at right back.OK can stand in at CB at a push and for me it is a push so if we can push one or both off a better quality CB would be beneficial and take the number 2 shirt

Just a theory and as normal I'm usually far off being correct (so the Mrs tells me )

Tom Caroll then on 11:36 - Aug 16 with 3285 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Caroll then on 11:34 - Aug 16 by Metal_Hacker

Jackson for obvious reasons - been given squad number but not much choice other than to do so due to lack of interest but I'm guessing we'd still look at getting rid

Donacien just because of his "worth" within the squad being simply cover and limited at that at right back.OK can stand in at CB at a push and for me it is a push so if we can push one or both off a better quality CB would be beneficial and take the number 2 shirt

Just a theory and as normal I'm usually far off being correct (so the Mrs tells me )

Must be trying to move on Jackson (and Kenlock). Donacien and Woolfenden would be others I would not be too surprised to see move on.

I agree that, if we are bringing another defender in, it is likely at least one of those will go.

Tom Caroll then on 11:40 - Aug 16 with 3246 viewsitfcsuth

Tom Caroll then on 11:33 - Aug 16 by dirtyboy

That's my thoughts, there's competition everywhere and on paper, decent competition too.

Finding the best players/partnerships will definitely take a good few matches and plenty of training sessions to identify.

Results may take a bit longer to come by than people think, but when it's all settled upon, I think we'll definitely be in the top 3 by January.

Agreed. Think it will take a little bit of time to find the partnerships, develop them partnerships. Think as the weeks unfold we will begin to know our best XI, we will begin to see a core 18/19 settled players that will form the squad each week.

Would be happy with top 6 around January, with eyes still focused on top 2.
Tom Caroll then on 11:48 - Aug 16 with 3119 viewsjayessess

Tom Caroll then on 11:34 - Aug 16 by Metal_Hacker

Jackson wouldn't fit in a 20 anyway, I don't think?

Moving Donacien on to accommodate another centre back would be strange, wouldn't it? We'd be shifting from a situation where we have squad balance - 2 RBs, 4 CBs, 2 LBs - to an unbalanced one.

Tom Caroll then on 11:52 - Aug 16 with 3078 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Caroll then on 11:48 - Aug 16 by jayessess

Moving Donacien on to accommodate another centre back would be strange, wouldn't it? We'd be shifting from a situation where we have squad balance - 2 RBs, 4 CBs, 2 LBs - to an unbalanced one.

It depends on whether the new CB was a big step up in quality - particularly someone who can take responsibility for organising.

Burns and KVY at RB, 5CB once they are all fit even with Donacien moving on plus Ndaba and Baggott as emergency cover, 2 LBs still. KVY can always cover across the back line too which would mean the new CB having the potential to cover RB (like Donacien) would be a plus.

Sticking with Donacien as cover should be no problem but, as ever, it is about can we do better?

Tom Caroll then on 11:52 - Aug 16 with 3069 viewsMetal_Hacker

Tom Caroll then on 11:48 - Aug 16 by jayessess

Yeah I see where you're coming from but I really don't rate Donacien as being quite that flexible

He's limited in terms of how PC wants his full backs to play and his ability at CB is wanting IMHO

This isn't a bashing of him merely if this is how PC wants to play in terms of the system , an overall more rounded replacement (for me anyway) would make sense

If we were playing a flat back 4 I'd suggest we keep him because he's more than adequate in that formation but ......

Oh I dunno , it's all opinions hey

Tom Caroll then on 12:09 - Aug 16 with 2946 viewsjayessess

Tom Caroll then on 11:52 - Aug 16 by Metal_Hacker

Yeah I see where you're coming from but I really don't rate Donacien as being quite that flexible

He's limited in terms of how PC wants his full backs to play and his ability at CB is wanting IMHO

This isn't a bashing of him merely if this is how PC wants to play in terms of the system , an overall more rounded replacement (for me anyway) would make sense

If we were playing a flat back 4 I'd suggest we keep him because he's more than adequate in that formation but ......

Oh I dunno , it's all opinions hey

I can definitely see the logic of moving Donacien on and then, if possible, replacing him with a right back more similar to KVY, it's the 5 CBs that I'm not convinced by.

What eventuality are we carrying this 5th centre back for? I don't think you need that squad depth there. If it's because we don't think Woolfenden and Nsiala are good enough to be 3rd choice then surely those are the players we should be looking to move on?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024