Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: There goes Pant 11:16 - Aug 16 with 6287 viewsSteve_M

194/7. Robinson with the wicket.

[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 11:22]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: There goes Pant on 17:36 - Aug 16 with 1252 viewsFtnfwest

Cricket: There goes Pant on 17:31 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

He's an utterly graceless winner. Not even in great form with the bat at the moment, but this win will be down to his captaincy.

Great player and I like the way he captains as well, but just takes it too far at (many) times and gets a bit childish whether winning or losing
Cricket: There goes Pant on 17:46 - Aug 16 with 1229 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: There goes Pant on 17:33 - Aug 16 by Herbivore

Yep. It created a ton of pressure on us and took all the pressure off them. They could give themselves two sessions (more or less) to go all out for the win without having to worry about us chasing down their total. Had we managed to get them all out with a chase of around 200 and two and a bit sessions they've then got to worry about keeping the scoreboard in check rather than just taking wickets. We may still have fecked it but we'd have been in the game at least.

Yes, was just thinking that. It could have been a hell of a last session if both teams still had a chance of winning.

There was a bit at 50 odd for 3 when I think India would have had to stick or twist as England were looking fairly comfortable.

Cricket: There goes Pant on 17:57 - Aug 16 with 1198 viewsTrequartista

I only dip into cricket now and again but how are we so dire that 2 Indian tail-enders score 56 not out and 34 not out and our entire front line batsman have all got out for less (including both openers for a duck) on the same pitch? The Afghan Army put up a better fight that this. What a disgrace.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 17:58]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:30 - Aug 16 with 1165 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Shamis wicker was world class but that off cutter from Bumrah was just perfectly executed. Couldn’t have placed it any better if he tried.

9 overs left, 2 wickets remaining.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:31 - Aug 16 with 1159 viewsHerbivore

Cricket: There goes Pant on 17:57 - Aug 16 by Trequartista

I only dip into cricket now and again but how are we so dire that 2 Indian tail-enders score 56 not out and 34 not out and our entire front line batsman have all got out for less (including both openers for a duck) on the same pitch? The Afghan Army put up a better fight that this. What a disgrace.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 17:58]

India are just much, much, much better at cricket than us currently. Not much more to it than that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:33 - Aug 16 with 1155 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

9 down. Butler gone. My india bet at 4.7 between innings looks like going in now. Piss poor from England. Really really poor once again with the bat and it’s so frustratingly predictable.

Root, Stokes (who obviously didn’t play) and Butler are the only three test match batsman we’ve got. It’s disgusting.

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:36 - Aug 16 with 1150 viewsbluelagos

Fcks sake

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:37 - Aug 16 with 1145 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And that’s that. Just once again an awful performance with the bat from England. And actually poor too with the ball this morning. A game they shouldn’t have lost from where they were.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:39 - Aug 16 with 1140 viewsgainsboroughblue

As soon as India declared, there was only one outcome. Our batting line up (bar Root) is just not up to test standard. The momentum just swung too far to India and we lost it in that ridiculous first session.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:39 - Aug 16 with 1136 viewsgainsboroughblue

I remember being so happy when Steve started this thread too.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:40 - Aug 16 with 1133 viewsSteve_M

That was a hell of a Test match. As pissed off as a I am with England this morning, there was so much good stuff from both sides across five days.

That's two sporting defeats in three days that should never have happened though.

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:43 - Aug 16 with 1125 viewsChrisd

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:40 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

That was a hell of a Test match. As pissed off as a I am with England this morning, there was so much good stuff from both sides across five days.

That's two sporting defeats in three days that should never have happened though.

Siraj has been an absolute find for India. Watching him in the series against Australia, he was a one day bowler who they brought in as they had so many injuries, but he looks the heart beat of this Indian attack now.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:44 - Aug 16 with 1127 viewsN2_Blue

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:39 - Aug 16 by gainsboroughblue

I remember being so happy when Steve started this thread too.

I said in the last test that's England's top 6 without Root would be one of the weakest batting line ups anywhere currently in test cricket and probably in England's history.

Don't let Root's knock detract from the fact that England otherwise were utterly woeful.

And Root's captaincy was about as good as England's batting

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:50 - Aug 16 with 1108 viewsFunge

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:44 - Aug 16 by N2_Blue

I said in the last test that's England's top 6 without Root would be one of the weakest batting line ups anywhere currently in test cricket and probably in England's history.

Don't let Root's knock detract from the fact that England otherwise were utterly woeful.

And Root's captaincy was about as good as England's batting

Good summary, that.

Hameed deserves a few more tests, but Burns and Sibley are the weakest opening pair for a long, long time.

Root is a pretty poor captain, but there's only really Stokes and Buttler who you'd think might be alternatives.
Cricket: There goes Pant on 19:01 - Aug 16 with 1086 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:37 - Aug 16 by The_Romford_Blue

And that’s that. Just once again an awful performance with the bat from England. And actually poor too with the ball this morning. A game they shouldn’t have lost from where they were.

That last 90 minutes of the morning session from England was some of the worst cricket you will ever see.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 19:01 - Aug 16 with 1086 viewsFtnfwest

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:40 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

Disappointed but I was never that ‘up’ after yesterday to be honest. India at 154 ahead with one of the most dangerous players in the world still at the crease, and we’ve only chased 200+ twice in a 4th innings at Lords didn’t make me feel that we were favourites by much! After he went cheaply we briefly were but that dissipated in about 20 minutes. No way back from that though, some game efforts across the match by a few England players but just not enough quality in that side to be competitive again against India.
Cricket: There goes Pant on 19:04 - Aug 16 with 1081 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Cricket: There goes Pant on 19:01 - Aug 16 by Reuser_is_God

That last 90 minutes of the morning session from England was some of the worst cricket you will ever see.

It really was atrocious

Cricket: There goes Pant on 19:06 - Aug 16 with 1079 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If anyone wants a cricketing lift after that, the Hundred game between the Invicbles and Brave is a winner goes through game that has the makings of a belter.

Jacks and Roy at the crease already going well for the invincibles. 25 off 10 balls with no wickets lost

Cricket: There goes Pant on 19:28 - Aug 16 with 1055 viewspointofblue

Would it make more sense to just ask the one day batsman to turn out for the test team? Surely the likes of Roy, Malan and Morgan wouldn't be any worse?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 20:17 - Aug 16 with 1021 viewsFunge

Cricket: There goes Pant on 19:28 - Aug 16 by pointofblue

Would it make more sense to just ask the one day batsman to turn out for the test team? Surely the likes of Roy, Malan and Morgan wouldn't be any worse?

All of those have played at Test level, none have really done much.

Roy has an average of 18.70, Malan 27.84 and Morgan 30.43.

Malan could feasibly come back in; Morgan is too old (and, I think, has said he isn't good enough to play Tests) and Roy's game isn't suited to Tests.
Cricket: There goes Pant on 20:19 - Aug 16 with 1017 viewspointofblue

Cricket: There goes Pant on 20:17 - Aug 16 by Funge

Malan could feasibly come back in; Morgan is too old (and, I think, has said he isn't good enough to play Tests) and Roy's game isn't suited to Tests.

Though it's not like our current batsmen (Root excluded) are suited to tests... or international cricket... either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 20:22 - Aug 16 with 1010 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cricket: There goes Pant on 18:50 - Aug 16 by Funge

Good summary, that.

Hameed deserves a few more tests, but Burns and Sibley are the weakest opening pair for a long, long time.

Root is a pretty poor captain, but there's only really Stokes and Buttler who you'd think might be alternatives.

Do you promote Hameed to open then or does that just put even more pressure on him?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cricket: There goes Pant on 20:25 - Aug 16 with 1005 viewschicoazul

Cricket: There goes Pant on 20:17 - Aug 16 by Funge

All true but they couldn’t indeed be any worse! Obvs it won’t happen but I’d be very inclined to drop Sibley and Hameeb and give Roy and Malian a go. Burns seems alright, I’d keep him and I’d prob keep Bairstow Curran and Mo. Is Foakes fit yet?

Oh god who knows they’re all useless aren’t they.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 20:28 - Aug 16 with 996 viewsIpswichKnight

The whole set up we’re inept once Pant was out, one over of the short stuff to Bumrah was all that was needed then bowl at his stumps. Butler, Burns and Bairstow needed to step on tell Root change this now and instead they did nothing, coaching staff didn’t do anything either a message should have come out but nothing.

Changes will need to be made but we don’t have many openers, we could play Hameed as an opener but then who comes in at 3?

If Woakes is fit he will come in for Curran or maybe Anderson if he’s being rested. We might need another genuine quick too.
Cricket: There goes Pant on 20:33 - Aug 16 with 982 viewsFunge

Cricket: There goes Pant on 20:22 - Aug 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you promote Hameed to open then or does that just put even more pressure on him?

Hmmm, Hameed's opened at County level - I really don't know.

Whoever he opens with, will get out for not many, as will the Number 3; then we're a few for 2, and there's loads of pressure on him and Root....

Plus ca change....

It's a huge mess. Arguably too much emphasis on ODI/ T20 cricket; none of these batsmen can bat time apart from Sibley, and his problem is that he doesn't know what runs are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024