Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes 11:16 - Aug 16 with 1288 viewswkj

Just 1 year ago we had teams above us joining the queue to sign Kayden Jackson. Isn't it funny how clubs and managers have a much different view on what makes players good or not. As a fan, I would have been just as shocked as I am now that Jackson could have suitors.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/kayden-jackson-linked-to-stoke-and-birmingham-26903

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes on 11:21 - Aug 16 with 1243 viewsSteve_M

It's still odd that we didn't sell him then, Lambert clearly didn't want to play him. Jackson's pace will always be an asset and attractive to other clubs but not sure he's good enough to play much more than a bit-part role in the Championship.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes on 11:25 - Aug 16 with 1209 viewsjayessess

It's about stats more than opinions, isn't it?
In August 2020, Kayden Jackson's most recent season had 11 goals and 7 assists in 32 League One games (28 starts), for a team who were hardly prolific. Strikers have got decent moves to the Championship off the back of far less.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes on 11:26 - Aug 16 with 1191 viewswkj

Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes on 11:21 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

It's still odd that we didn't sell him then, Lambert clearly didn't want to play him. Jackson's pace will always be an asset and attractive to other clubs but not sure he's good enough to play much more than a bit-part role in the Championship.

Agreed. I bet both parties regret the move to town too. He was flying high in his career, then nothing to talk about.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes on 11:29 - Aug 16 with 1154 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes on 11:25 - Aug 16 by jayessess

It's about stats more than opinions, isn't it?
In August 2020, Kayden Jackson's most recent season had 11 goals and 7 assists in 32 League One games (28 starts), for a team who were hardly prolific. Strikers have got decent moves to the Championship off the back of far less.

Indeed. He had a good partnership with Norwood and then Lambert decided not to play them together. The really bizarre thing was to then not accept the bid in those circumstances.

There are two differences now. He has not had a good season last season and it is now public knowledge that he has no future here. Both of those push his price down. Used in the right way, I am sure he has the potential to be a decent squad player at least at this level if not in the Championship. His agent ought to be busting a gut to get him a deal somewhere, even if it is a little longer on slightly reduced wages.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes on 11:38 - Aug 16 with 1097 viewsjayessess

Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes on 11:29 - Aug 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. He had a good partnership with Norwood and then Lambert decided not to play them together. The really bizarre thing was to then not accept the bid in those circumstances.

There are two differences now. He has not had a good season last season and it is now public knowledge that he has no future here. Both of those push his price down. Used in the right way, I am sure he has the potential to be a decent squad player at least at this level if not in the Championship. His agent ought to be busting a gut to get him a deal somewhere, even if it is a little longer on slightly reduced wages.

Another glorious moment in Ipswich Town squad planning.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes on 12:53 - Aug 16 with 848 viewsN2_Blue

Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes on 11:21 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

Well think Jackson should also take a look at himself.

He clearly doesn’t have a great attitude which culminated in Lambert banishing him to u23s and some of the things he said didn’t show him in a good light.

If I was a manager who actually though he had something to offer (personally don’t rate him at all) I would have been completely unimpressed by his attitude and he may well have done himself out of future moves.
As a player however rough you think things are and are being treated you don’t down tools and always try 100% because interested clubs will always be monitoring what you are doing.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Kayden Jackson: What a difference a year makes on 13:34 - Aug 16 with 743 viewsIllinoisblue

I really - and very naively - thought his late winner against Wimbledon was going to be a turning point for us and Lambert. The start of a new era where we would find ways to win despite playing like sheeite for most of the game. A new resilient Town marching on to promotion.

How wrong can you be.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024