Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First team squad 08:25 - Aug 17 with 627 viewsxrayspecs

So, 16 signings to date, who we should assume are guaranteed places in the first team squad when the window closes and we have to confirm our 22 outfield players.

There are also 11 senior players that were signed by previous managers or have come through the academy who currently appear to be around the first team squad. I am discounting the youngsters such as Humphreys, who have featured pre-season. So, how many of the 11 will still be in the squad once the window shuts?

Holy
Donacien
Nsiala
Woolfenden
KVY
Nbada
Nolan
El Miz
Dobra
Jackson
Norwood

I can make the case for KVY and Dobra as challenging for first team starts. The rest appear to me to be at best back-up and could yet be moved on if we are able to trade and upgrade.

I also suspect that Nbada and El Miz will go out on loan until Xmas and Jackson will be moved on permanently.

[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 8:28]
First team squad on 09:09 - Aug 17 with 500 viewsitfcjoe

Guess looking at them one by one...

Holy
Keep as back up, too much effort to get him out and another one in

Donacien
Get rid if we can - decent player, but not the right type of RB for this system and whilst he's versatile we shouldn't need that sort of jack of all trades any more

Nsiala
4th choice CB

Woolfenden
Still on long contract, 3rd choice CB

KVY
Keep

Nbada
Loan spell at higher level desperately needed

Nolan
Not fussed, doubt we'd be able to shift him - would rather see El Miz stay if we can

El Miz
Probably a loan, but I'd keep as a versatlie squad option who would get enough games

Dobra
Tough one - looks so sharp, but how much is he going to play. I'd keep him though but how long until he drifts out of matchday 18?

Jackson
Try and get a fee for not required

Norwood
Will stay because on big wages, just hope he can get fit and stay fit as is an asset if he does

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

First team squad on 09:11 - Aug 17 with 480 viewsKieran_Knows

Holy - keep, back up.
Donacien - get rid.
Nsiala - get rid.
Woolfenden - keep, back up.
KVY - keep.
Nbada - needs a loan spell.
Nolan - get rid.
El Miz - keep (but can imagine loan spell).
Dobra - keep (but can imagine loan spell).
Jackson - get rid.
Norwood - keep, back up.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024