Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. 21:53 - Aug 17 with 3146 viewsWallingford_Boy

That was shockingly bad.

I’m not saying “sack the manager”, but we can’t do anything at the moment.

Can’t defend, can’t finish, can’t cross. But we can play loads of little passes on the edge of our own box!

Something isn’t right..

RIP Sir Bobby

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 21:55 - Aug 17 with 2693 viewsDanTheMan

That was something that's not mentioned as much tonight, although think it was more prominent at Burton.

If we ignore our poor defending, we're not creating as many chances as we should be. Again, bit like last season where we were good up to their box and then don't seem to be able to do much. I'm hoping with a settled front 4 or so they'll start to get into some rhythm, but it needs to come faster.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 21:56 - Aug 17 with 2662 viewsBasuco

Paul Cook does not seem to know how to play against teams who play 3 - 5 - 2, he couldn't last season and same this one as well. As soon as Cheltenham pushed their wing backs up the pitch midway in the first half they were always on top and looked the only winners.
Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 2652 viewsWallingford_Boy

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 21:55 - Aug 17 by DanTheMan

That was something that's not mentioned as much tonight, although think it was more prominent at Burton.

If we ignore our poor defending, we're not creating as many chances as we should be. Again, bit like last season where we were good up to their box and then don't seem to be able to do much. I'm hoping with a settled front 4 or so they'll start to get into some rhythm, but it needs to come faster.

Did their keeper make a single save?

We created very little indeed, zero crosses is shocking!

As for Jackson coming on....

RIP Sir Bobby

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:12 - Aug 17 with 2549 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Where did you get that stat from? I definitely remember seeing some crosses!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:15 - Aug 17 with 2524 viewsKievthegreat

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:12 - Aug 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Completed crosses maybe?
Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:15 - Aug 17 with 2523 viewsDyland

Oh behave you plonker.

We ripped them a new one for most of the first half. Through the middle.

It didn't work. We couldn't adapt to a new plan. Not really surprising, in the real world of new players and squads.

Obviously time is a commodity our managers no longer have, which is good for us fans, whether Cook makes it work or doesn't.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 22:16]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:17 - Aug 17 with 2500 viewsWallingford_Boy

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:12 - Aug 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Was on I-follow after game, they completed 13 from 15, we were 0 from 0.

I don’t remember us putting a single cross in?

RIP Sir Bobby

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:18 - Aug 17 with 2479 viewsBseaBlue

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 21:55 - Aug 17 by DanTheMan

Have to agree but it would also help to play Fraser in the central role which got him the player of the season vote! Feels a little bit like square pegs and round holes with the team selection at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:18 - Aug 17 with 2479 viewsLetchworth_Blue

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:15 - Aug 17 by Dyland

Oh behave you plonker.

It didn't work. We couldn't adapt to a new plan. Not really surprising, in the real world of new players and squads.

Obviously time is a commodity our managers no longer have, which is good for us fans, whether Cook makes it work or doesn't.

Its a good job we bought all those wingers then.......
Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:18 - Aug 17 with 2474 viewsportmanking

Scary statistic when you consider Cook's mantra during the close season was about building a squad that would create and get plentiful crosses in the box....
Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:18 - Aug 17 with 2470 viewsEly_Blue

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:17 - Aug 17 by Wallingford_Boy

Was on I-follow after game, they completed 13 from 15, we were 0 from 0.

I don’t remember us putting a single cross in?

How many of their 15 were long throws?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:18 - Aug 17 with 2468 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 21:57 - Aug 17 by Wallingford_Boy

Did their keeper make a single save?

We created very little indeed, zero crosses is shocking!

As for Jackson coming on....

He made a cracking save from Bonne that he should not have given him the chance to make.

Our inability to prevent and defend set pieces such as their long throws was the biggest issue today. However the progression from controlling the game in the first half to being completely dominated in the second is a big issue too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:19 - Aug 17 with 2460 viewspointofblue

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:18 - Aug 17 by Letchworth_Blue

Its a good job we bought all those wingers then.......

And then stick our best number ten out there instead.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:22 - Aug 17 with 2425 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:18 - Aug 17 by Ely_Blue

And how many of those long throws were from us putting the ball out as if we were playing a team that didn't have that as a weapon? We needed to be more savvy and realise that "if in doubt, hoof it" out was not a mantra to live by tonight.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:22 - Aug 17 with 2421 viewsWallingford_Boy

Oh behave you plonker.

And the second half?

So you’re happy with zero crosses over 90 mins.

Odd.

RIP Sir Bobby

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:23 - Aug 17 with 2407 viewsWallingford_Boy

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:18 - Aug 17 by Ely_Blue

Your point?

RIP Sir Bobby

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:25 - Aug 17 with 2395 viewsDyland

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:22 - Aug 17 by Wallingford_Boy

And the second half?

So you’re happy with zero crosses over 90 mins.

Odd.

I'm not happy with the second half in any shape or form.

If you were watching the first half and unhappy with our lack of crosses YOU are odd.

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:26 - Aug 17 with 2383 viewsEly_Blue

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:23 - Aug 17 by Wallingford_Boy

Your point?

The OP makes it sound like they beat us down the channels and were whipping balls in all night when in effect they had 15 throws in the final 3rd of the pitch that were all slung into the box, if we did that with our throws we would have had crosses too

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:27 - Aug 17 with 2365 viewsDyland

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:19 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

And then stick our best number ten out there instead.

He's a make weight there though, non? While Burns is injured.

I don't disagree there's an imbalance atm...

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:28 - Aug 17 with 2343 viewsWallingford_Boy

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:25 - Aug 17 by Dyland

I'm not happy with the second half in any shape or form.

If you were watching the first half and unhappy with our lack of crosses YOU are odd.

Hahaha, ok.

RIP Sir Bobby

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:28 - Aug 17 with 2331 viewspointofblue

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:27 - Aug 17 by Dyland

He's a make weight there though, non? While Burns is injured.

I don't disagree there's an imbalance atm...

So why not play Barry or Dobra out there? It's not as though we lack options out wide, we've signed enough wingers over the summer. Even on Saturday we played Barry as a number ten even though he prefers cutting in from out wide.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:29 - Aug 17 with 2324 viewsWallingford_Boy

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:26 - Aug 17 by Ely_Blue

The OP makes it sound like they beat us down the channels and were whipping balls in all night when in effect they had 15 throws in the final 3rd of the pitch that were all slung into the box, if we did that with our throws we would have had crosses too

Think it was 4 throws and 11 crosses.

Either way, shocking stats!

RIP Sir Bobby

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:29 - Aug 17 with 2316 viewsArnieM

There seemed to be minimal urgency from us for the majority of the game . We didn’t most if the game passing it back and forth across the back four- I thought Lambert had left the Club ??

Very disappointing start to season , but not unexpected considering we have a brand new squad .

It will take most of this season for that squad of players to bed in - that really is a simple fact . Anyone expect HMS Piss the League this season is seriously misguided. The single biggest issue will be , will the usual boo boys crawl out from under their stones and start a ridiculous “ Cook out” campaign ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:42 - Aug 17 with 2266 viewsDyland

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:28 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

So why not play Barry or Dobra out there? It's not as though we lack options out wide, we've signed enough wingers over the summer. Even on Saturday we played Barry as a number ten even though he prefers cutting in from out wide.

I don't disagree, but that wasn't the question.

It just just looks like a manager still testing things. And yeh, getting it wrong.

I don't think I'm really disagreeing with anyone in this thread. Notwithstanding Wallers' stat driven OP and the my point about the first half being really fookin good.

Cheltenham = 15 crosses, Ipswich = 0. on 22:43 - Aug 17 with 2250 viewsistanblue

Oh behave you plonker.

Yeah we definitely ripped them a new one didn't we...you utter clown.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024