Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deflating 22:02 - Aug 17 with 205 viewsMerseyBlue

This was our first game that I've been able to watch this season. Nervy start where they should have scored, followed by 20 minutes of really good play where we should have been 2 up. Still some roughness around the edges but no major concerns.

Retreated and became a bit passive, Cheltenham finished the first half reasonably well. Came out after half time looking dangerous for a couple of minutes before sitting back and getting punished.

It was a good game to watch, some bright spots that give me optimism, but we fell victim to the Tozer throw which I think many of us saw coming.

Harper and Edwards should be dynamite for us this season, and considering Burgess has only been here 5 minutes, felt he did OK. Can't say I've been impressed with Hladky, nor the tactics we employed for most of the game.

Not only were the substitutions made too late, bringing on Jackson was pretty underwhelming, even considering how anonymous Pigott was for large portions of the game.

In the end, a fair but chastening defeat that could have been avoided if we hadn't taken our foot off the pedal. Feeling pretty flat after what was a promising start. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic, plenty of things to work on.

We need a win pretty sharpish, that was a tough blow to take tonight but we move on and hopefully put some demons to rest come Saturday.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024