Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My take 22:28 - Aug 17 with 644 viewsitfctilidie

First half was better, Bonne takes that chance and it would have been a different story.

Burgess looked solid, I think he will be a good player for us.

Concerns for me are that we don't create any chances, we dont get the ball in the box and we cant defend when balls are hoisted into our own box.

No idea why Piggot come off when it was clear as day their tactic was to launch the ball into our box at every opportunity.

Also it's a dirty tactic but i would have had one of the subs drop a bottle of water on that towel on the left touchline, i no they could have replaced it but then do it again - just try an disrupt their plan a bit

Anyway there were positives, the results of course haven't been but i think it will come Saying that Saturday is an important game now
My take on 22:31 - Aug 17 with 619 viewsunstableblue

The problem is looking at this board tonight - despite the good first half - then the fan base are giving up on the project, you transfer that vibe to the players Saturday… and the lack of confidence grows

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

My take on 22:45 - Aug 17 with 566 viewsitfctilidie

My take on 22:31 - Aug 17 by unstableblue

The problem is looking at this board tonight - despite the good first half - then the fan base are giving up on the project, you transfer that vibe to the players Saturday… and the lack of confidence grows

I think there needs to be a degree of level headedness.

There is nothing wrong with being concerned about some things. Jackson coming on was a strange one, even taking Harper off with 2 mins to go made no sense when Evans was on a final warning - if there was going to be a sub surely it needed to be Evans.

I think the Cook out bridge are premature, but there is nothing wrong with being concerned as it hasnt been great from Cook - Gelling aside he has made some questionable choices in my opinion with his game management
My take on 22:47 - Aug 17 with 537 viewswkj

No one is giving up Unstable, but questions are being asked - and rightfully so. A few people are muttering Cook out - which is silly - but to imply that people are giving up as a whole is crazy talk.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

My take on 22:48 - Aug 17 with 513 viewsjayessess

Any project that's worth anything is going to have to come through some difficult patches and play through periods where the fans are nervy. That's the game.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

My take on 22:55 - Aug 17 with 467 viewsunstableblue

My take on 22:47 - Aug 17 by wkj

No one is giving up Unstable, but questions are being asked - and rightfully so. A few people are muttering Cook out - which is silly - but to imply that people are giving up as a whole is crazy talk.

Think you’re reading a different board wkj! There are a lot of people giving up on Cook!

But I agree it’s extremely valid to question the system and tactics from our manager. But I’m concerned the nerves and negativity on display transfer to the atmosphere Saturday.

It is such FINE margins in football.

We had the better players tonight, but Cheltenham wanted it more second half, and our system is just not there at present.

Make the players and they won’t have that desire to be better.

AND MY GOD, we have to end this view we have a god given right,,, MK Dons will give us another tough tough test

Let’s get humble, let’s circle the wagons, let’s back the boys, give it till Sheff Weds, and no progress , then let’s make a change

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

My take on 22:59 - Aug 17 with 447 viewswkj

My take on 22:55 - Aug 17 by unstableblue

Think you’re reading a different board wkj! There are a lot of people giving up on Cook!

But I agree it’s extremely valid to question the system and tactics from our manager. But I’m concerned the nerves and negativity on display transfer to the atmosphere Saturday.

It is such FINE margins in football.

We had the better players tonight, but Cheltenham wanted it more second half, and our system is just not there at present.

Make the players and they won’t have that desire to be better.

AND MY GOD, we have to end this view we have a god given right,,, MK Dons will give us another tough tough test

Let’s get humble, let’s circle the wagons, let’s back the boys, give it till Sheff Weds, and no progress , then let’s make a change

I think you have long term memory blockage of TWTD. When people give up, it is very apparent on here. Overall, people are asking questions and demanding better - the FOPC comments have not started... yet.

Ipswich's fortunes should not hinge on the fans being patient, but built upon the team and the players. People are still backing the blues and have poured heart and soul into the Paul Cook Project over the summer - however, the club needs to start providing an emotional return on investment. It isn't happening yet, and it needs to.

Edit: Even Paul Cook agrees...

"We're not making excuses, but the reality is we need a little bit of time to gel and a little bit of time to get it all together. But we also should be doing better than what we are with the players we have available. So there's a little bit of both in there."
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 23:02]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024