Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back……wtf happened? 01:20 - Aug 18 with 982 viewsOsborneOneNil

At 60 mins in I was smiling like a Cheshire. 1-0 up, Town popping the ball around and playing some decent stuff. The concern was we weren’t 2,3 goals up. Less said about Bonne’s miss the better.

Then suddenly, it turned. Couple of long throws, we crumbled. Then on, every time they chucked a long ball into the box we looked like conceding.

Definitely needed to make changes at 60/65 mins. Jackson was baffling. Dobs so unlucky not to get a game.

Big one Saturday.
Just back……wtf happened? on 01:40 - Aug 18 with 921 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Same. Came back 15 minutes ago and still in the state of disbelief as to how outbattled, outfought and outmuscled we were in the 2nd half. My first disappointment with Cook ever since he's been appointed. What was the actual plan for the 2nd half? Just all those pointless long balls to no-one?

Hladky and this defence don't understand each other. He had a real go at Woolfenden early in the game.

Burgess will be a good player for us.

Donacien will never ever be our first choice RB. He's very limited at what he actually can do.

Woolfenden - unreliable again. Time and time again. Nsiala or Edmundson please get fully fit ASAP !

Edwards was a joy to watch in the first half but looked totally knackered after the break.

Harper - disappointment. Thought we were getting box-to-box midfielder in him but so far it doesn't seem to be case.

Bonne is the only player that can come out with some bit of credit after the terrible 2nd half as he did fight for every ball. Unfortunately for himself his miss will be the main talking point.

----

Second half was just a horror. Outbattled in every aspect by the team whose the only target is survival in this league. Any set-piece or as you say long throw and we looked in trouble.

You do squander your opportunities you pay the price and we paid the heavy ones for the Fraser's penalty miss at Burton and Bonne's miss tonight.

No time to panic but very baffled after having seen what happened in the second half.

Big one Saturday? We need a better defence and more activity from Evans and Harper regarding the attacking aspect of the game.
Just back……wtf happened? on 10:17 - Aug 18 with 504 viewsFBI

I can only agree with this and the one after it.

Baffling isn't the word.

We were all over them like a rash for an hour and Hladky hardly had anything to do but suddenly it turned. Side-to-side passing, getting taken apart by long throws (he can shove his special red towel up his a!se, mind you) and some spectacularly poor short passes and missed tackles. Jackson was hopeless and Barry should have been brought on at the hour mark, if not before.

On the upside, Hladky looks a lot more reliable than Holy was (and oh boy, did Woolfenden get a mouthful off him), Burgess was great and so was Edwards.

If the first hour is a sign of the legendary 'gel' starting, I'll be very happy indeed - plenty of time yet and loads of new boys yet to play a full 90 so I'm still confident.

On an entirely unrelated note, there was a fight on the train home between some drunk Bristol lasses and a party of p!ssed teachers from Weston Super Mare. In the quiet coach. Funniest thing I've seen in ages!

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024