Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stay calm, lads 08:46 - Aug 18 with 1808 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

But for an open goal and a penalty miss we'd probably have 6 more points than we do now. Whilst we haven't been great so far, you can't really legislate for incidents like that (particularly the open goal).

There have been enough good passages of play in the games I've seen to tell me it'll all come good when the team gels (and yes, despite what some told me on here the other day, teams do need time to gel. Brenner and Marcus said so on the radio, Cook has said so post match).

When it clicks we'll be destroying these teams. Keep the faith.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Stay calm, lads on 09:03 - Aug 18 with 1501 viewsBluefish

You posted this same stuff over 3 seasons of Lambert. I am not sure anyone is going to listen to you again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Stay calm, lads on 09:08 - Aug 18 with 1489 viewsitfcjoe

But for an injury time equaliser at home to Morecambe we'd hvae 4 defeats out of 4.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stay calm, lads on 09:10 - Aug 18 with 1471 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Stay calm, lads on 09:08 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

But for an injury time equaliser at home to Morecambe we'd hvae 4 defeats out of 4.

If we had scored more than a goal a game and weren’t conceding 2 per game in the league we’d have 9 points out of 9 right now, and be in the second round of the cup…
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 9:10]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Stay calm, lads on 09:15 - Aug 18 with 1428 viewstimothyeo

If we scored 5 goals every game we'd probably have won every single one. Such a pointless post.

And yes, teams do need time to gel. Although even without that, this squad should be winning games if things are kept simple, especially against the trash in this division.

But PC didn't seem it worthwhile to help the team gel by playing them in a cup game against an u23 side - a great opportunity to build relationships and forge understandings against a significantly worse team.

So maybe gelling isn't all that important.

We've been poor, Cook's been poor since he's been here and half the people who gave me stick for saying this are now suddenly saying it themselves.
Stay calm, lads on 09:30 - Aug 18 with 1364 viewsdavblue

Stay calm, lads on 09:03 - Aug 18 by Bluefish

You posted this same stuff over 3 seasons of Lambert. I am not sure anyone is going to listen to you again

Yes, i had "an agenda" when i said Lambert wasn't up to it and had lost 5 out of 7 games and he needed to go around November time last year.
Stay calm, lads on 09:32 - Aug 18 with 1348 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think Lambert is a different kettle of fish, Cook has a much better and more recent pedigree. But otherwise fair point.

Well now that you've said that.... on 09:33 - Aug 18 with 1332 viewsBloots

....I'm 100% confident we'll be OK.

History shows that you are never incorrect about anything and you never consistently back the wrong horse.

Huzzah.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Stay calm, lads on 09:35 - Aug 18 with 1301 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Stay calm, lads on 09:15 - Aug 18 by timothyeo

If we scored 5 goals every game we'd probably have won every single one. Such a pointless post.

And yes, teams do need time to gel. Although even without that, this squad should be winning games if things are kept simple, especially against the trash in this division.

But PC didn't seem it worthwhile to help the team gel by playing them in a cup game against an u23 side - a great opportunity to build relationships and forge understandings against a significantly worse team.

So maybe gelling isn't all that important.

We've been poor, Cook's been poor since he's been here and half the people who gave me stick for saying this are now suddenly saying it themselves.

"Such a pointless post...."
Hope you don't have any plans for your day!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Stay calm, lads on 09:35 - Aug 18 with 1306 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

True, although that was a perfectly legitimate goal. Fair enough, penalties do get missed so that isn't so rare, but last night's open goal was an astonishing once-in-a-lifetime miss.

Stay calm, lads on 09:36 - Aug 18 with 1292 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Stay calm, lads on 09:10 - Aug 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

If we had scored more than a goal a game and weren’t conceding 2 per game in the league we’d have 9 points out of 9 right now, and be in the second round of the cup…
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 9:10]

You're just being silly. I'm talking about legitimate game-changing moments.

Well now that you've said that.... on 09:38 - Aug 18 with 1257 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Well now that you've said that.... on 09:33 - Aug 18 by Bloots

....I'm 100% confident we'll be OK.

History shows that you are never incorrect about anything and you never consistently back the wrong horse.

Huzzah.

Keep the faith Blootsy baby, keep the faith.

Stay calm, lads on 09:42 - Aug 18 with 1196 viewsBluefish

Stay calm, lads on 09:32 - Aug 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think Lambert is a different kettle of fish, Cook has a much better and more recent pedigree. But otherwise fair point.

So you didn't really believe in Lambert but staunchly defended him and told everyone else they were clueless for doubting him? Impressive

Stay calm, lads on 09:43 - Aug 18 with 1204 viewstimothyeo

If the best thing we have to keep the faith is "if different things happened in the matches we played the results might have been different too!" then we're really struggling. I've read this forum for a while and this Flashing Smile guy is just a troll / parody account anyway, right?
Stay calm, lads on 09:44 - Aug 18 with 1182 viewsBluefish

Stay calm, lads on 09:43 - Aug 18 by timothyeo

If the best thing we have to keep the faith is "if different things happened in the matches we played the results might have been different too!" then we're really struggling. I've read this forum for a while and this Flashing Smile guy is just a troll / parody account anyway, right?

He is a real person, he just has no idea about football.....or suits.......or girlfriends.......or toast

Stay calm, lads on 09:50 - Aug 18 with 1167 viewsLankHenners

You can legislate for them by not putting yourself in a situation where they matter. Anyone who saw last night can see an open goal miss was nowhere near the biggest problem.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Stay calm, lads on 10:27 - Aug 18 with 1035 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Stay calm, lads on 09:42 - Aug 18 by Bluefish

So you didn't really believe in Lambert but staunchly defended him and told everyone else they were clueless for doubting him? Impressive

No, I just believe in Cook more. Either way I'm going to give him time.

Stay calm, lads on 10:30 - Aug 18 with 1019 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Stay calm, lads on 09:44 - Aug 18 by Bluefish

He is a real person, he just has no idea about football.....or suits.......or girlfriends.......or toast

You forgot potatoes.

Stay calm, lads on 10:31 - Aug 18 with 1000 viewsBluefish

Stay calm, lads on 10:27 - Aug 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, I just believe in Cook more. Either way I'm going to give him time.

You just blindly believe in any manager and try and discredit anyone who actually manages to watch games and point out failings. Zero credibility

Stay calm, lads on 10:31 - Aug 18 with 1004 viewsGarv

That chance/goal was more likely to happen and something you can legislate for than LW's mistake.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Stay calm, lads on 10:38 - Aug 18 with 956 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Stay calm, lads on 10:31 - Aug 18 by Bluefish

You just blindly believe in any manager and try and discredit anyone who actually manages to watch games and point out failings. Zero credibility

I back managers at the start, yes. I think it's fair to give them a fair crack of the whip.

As for managing to watch games, yes I do that too.

Stay calm, lads on 10:40 - Aug 18 with 939 viewsBluefish

Stay calm, lads on 10:38 - Aug 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I back managers at the start, yes. I think it's fair to give them a fair crack of the whip.

As for managing to watch games, yes I do that too.

You watch them but clearly don't understand them

Stay calm, lads on 10:42 - Aug 18 with 927 viewsBiGDonnie

What faith? Cook has shown us nothing so far.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Stay calm, lads on 10:43 - Aug 18 with 923 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Stay calm, lads on 10:40 - Aug 18 by Bluefish

You watch them but clearly don't understand them

Yes, yes I do. I just have a different opinion to you sometimes. It happens, no need to get upset about it.

You made a big thing about not responding to me, now you're following me around like you've got a crush. Everything alright at home hun?

Stay calm, lads on 10:46 - Aug 18 with 895 viewsBluefish

Stay calm, lads on 10:43 - Aug 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yes, yes I do. I just have a different opinion to you sometimes. It happens, no need to get upset about it.

You made a big thing about not responding to me, now you're following me around like you've got a crush. Everything alright at home hun?

Incredible stuff. I finally respomd to you and you literally troll yourself for the way you have followed me around without me replying.

If you understood in the slightest then you wouldn't have such an incredibly poor record of judgement

Stay calm, lads on 11:07 - Aug 18 with 815 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Stay calm, lads on 10:46 - Aug 18 by Bluefish

Incredible stuff. I finally respomd to you and you literally troll yourself for the way you have followed me around without me replying.

If you understood in the slightest then you wouldn't have such an incredibly poor record of judgement

I didn't follow you around hoping for a reply, I just pointed out where you were wrong for others to see. I don't give a monkeys what you think of me, you're just an angry little man on a football messageboard.

Feel free to have your opinions, but, and I hate to break it to you, most people on here don't care and just think you're a bit odd.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024