Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not panicking yet 10:58 - Aug 18 with 771 viewsitfcsuth

It has been a disastrous start nobody can deny that. However sickening it has been it is still just 3 games, no need to panic yet.

Two annoyances for me currently though
- Fraser operating as a wide man instead a number 10.
- The use of a 4-4-2 when all of Cooks success has come with a 4-2-3-1

I do still firmly believe there is very good individual quality in this squad, but we need to quickly find the formula to make it a very good side.

My pre set was 10 games to see where we are, that will be the end of September, that hasn't changed for me.
Not panicking yet on 11:06 - Aug 18 with 741 viewsRomeo4

Agree with that. I’d add a concern over the experience of Cook’s coaching team to your list of annoyances.

I’m desperate for Cook to succeed. Genuinely not sure where it leaves us if he doesn’t!

10 league games will provide a decent barometer as to where we are heading.
Not panicking yet on 11:14 - Aug 18 with 713 viewsitfcsuth

Not panicking yet on 11:06 - Aug 18 by Romeo4

Agree with that. I’d add a concern over the experience of Cook’s coaching team to your list of annoyances.

I’m desperate for Cook to succeed. Genuinely not sure where it leaves us if he doesn’t!

10 league games will provide a decent barometer as to where we are heading.

Whilst I understand it is a bit on uncertainty regarding his coaching staff - however, Cook is a vastly experienced, Jeffers was a coach at Everton for a long time, and well regarded and respected for that matter.

Roberts and Craney have a strong relationship with Cook, and Cook clearly trusts them, which is important - difficult to comment on their abilities to be honest because nobody really knows.

I have that same mindset, I really want Cook to succeed, and it likewise concerns me where it would leave us if he can't find the formula here.
Not panicking yet on 11:22 - Aug 18 with 683 viewsPinewoodblue

Not panicking yet on 11:14 - Aug 18 by itfcsuth

Whilst I understand it is a bit on uncertainty regarding his coaching staff - however, Cook is a vastly experienced, Jeffers was a coach at Everton for a long time, and well regarded and respected for that matter.

Roberts and Craney have a strong relationship with Cook, and Cook clearly trusts them, which is important - difficult to comment on their abilities to be honest because nobody really knows.

I have that same mindset, I really want Cook to succeed, and it likewise concerns me where it would leave us if he can't find the formula here.

Think it is fair to say that we have wanted every new manager to come good, even those we may dislike intensely.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Not panicking yet on 11:31 - Aug 18 with 649 viewsitfcsuth

Not panicking yet on 11:22 - Aug 18 by Pinewoodblue

Think it is fair to say that we have wanted every new manager to come good, even those we may dislike intensely.

I suppose so, but I do like Cook, he comes across as a gent, somebody who lives, loves and breathes football and someone I believe will bring a good atmosphere to the club.

A difference to someone like Lambert etc.
Not panicking yet on 12:07 - Aug 18 with 583 viewsRomeo4

Not panicking yet on 11:31 - Aug 18 by itfcsuth

I suppose so, but I do like Cook, he comes across as a gent, somebody who lives, loves and breathes football and someone I believe will bring a good atmosphere to the club.

And a guy who has addressed the fans and media with absolute honesty and clarity so far. So refreshing when compared to his predecessors and the club in general over recent years.
Not panicking yet on 12:31 - Aug 18 with 496 viewstimothyeo

Not panicking yet on 11:31 - Aug 18 by itfcsuth

Sounds exactly like what people said about Lambert in his first season.
Not panicking yet on 12:34 - Aug 18 with 494 viewsRomeo4

Not panicking yet on 12:31 - Aug 18 by timothyeo

Sounds exactly like what people said about Lambert in his first season.

Difference being that Cook has been there and got the t-shirt very recently.
Not panicking yet on 12:37 - Aug 18 with 473 viewsOldboy

I am mildly concerned.
Login to get fewer ads

Not panicking yet on 14:49 - Aug 18 with 377 viewstimothyeo

Not panicking yet on 12:34 - Aug 18 by Romeo4

Difference being that Cook has been there and got the t-shirt very recently.

Although Lamberts success was not as recent he had more of it at a higher level so not sure there's a big difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024