Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Subs last night 11:52 - Aug 18 with 512 viewstractorshark

Why did it take Cook so long to make his subs last night?
It was clear to anyone in the ground that we’d run out of steam by 55 minutes.
Edwards was cooked, Fraser fairly ineffective. In the first half, we moved the ball around the back but always with the intention of eventually finding that gap and forward pass.
In the second half it was just a string of sideways passing and no impetus.
Clearly Cheltenham had reorganised so you have to give them some credit but for the first 15 minutes of that second half we were sleepwalking towards an equaliser.
And yet Cook did nothing and still did nothing after they scored. And then he sent on Jackson.
I’m not calling for Cook’s head, that would be crazy and his track record at other clubs suggests he is more than capable of getting it right.
But his track record at our club is woeful. 4 wins in 20 is dreadful and no excuses can paper over that.
When he arrived, a lot on this forum suggested any manager worth his salt could get a tune out of those players but he didn’t. Too be fair, I never thought the players, particularly our youngsters, were as good as many thought.
But this current crop of players is fairly talented. Yes they need to time to gel and yes some lack fitness but that’s why you use your subs.
You could forgive him for looking at our bench last season and thinking I’ll stick with what I have.
But not last night. Carroll, Vincent-Young, Dobra, Barrie, Coulson. Decent players.
You can blame Bonne for his miss last night but Cook’s game management in the second half was the reason we lost that game.
Subs last night on 11:58 - Aug 18 with 476 viewsTractorCam

Indeed, Barry and Carroll in the 90th minute, what is the point? Presuming we want to win the game that doesn't leave enough time for them to make much, or any, of an impact.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Subs last night on 12:04 - Aug 18 with 440 viewsGarv

Subs last night on 11:58 - Aug 18 by TractorCam

Indeed, Barry and Carroll in the 90th minute, what is the point? Presuming we want to win the game that doesn't leave enough time for them to make much, or any, of an impact.

Barry was waiting to come on for the best part of 5 minutes. We were too busy giving away and trying to defend corners and throws and probably didn't want to make the change at the same time.

The first change definitely should have come earlier. It was clear from 60-65 we weren't knocking on the door and needed something. Didn't seem a game for Jackson, so that was odd. Dobra will have been very upset not to get on.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024