Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... 14:56 - Aug 18 with 2540 viewsitfcserbia

You know how you can set the ignore on a _____ user/member and you stop seeing their _____ comments on the forum? Would it be possible to expand this option to stop seeing their _____ comments on the news/articles section as well?

Would be willing to donate for this development. Maybe others as well. Many thanks.

Oh, feel free to fill in the blanks.

Cheers.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 15:12 - Aug 18 with 2478 viewsGavTWTD

That is a good idea, and one that I thought was already implemented to be honest. We aren't able to use that function ourselves so don't tend to see it working or not.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 16:04 - Aug 18 with 2397 viewsitfcserbia

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 15:12 - Aug 18 by GavTWTD

That is a good idea, and one that I thought was already implemented to be honest. We aren't able to use that function ourselves so don't tend to see it working or not.

I don't know the full extent of the functionality but can tell you it hides the comments on the forum from the selected user, but not those in the articles/news section.
To be honest I have no idea how complicated that would be to implement but would be a great option to have.

Semper fidelis!

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 18:37 - Aug 18 with 2287 viewsRyorry

Any chance of being able to turn 'ignore' into a 2-way function so that the person you're ignoring isn't able to see your posts? Would be a massive improvement on the current one-way thing only, which doesn't do anything to improve the situation if someone's persistently sniping (or worse) at you & refuses to put you on ignore themselves.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 18:44 - Aug 18 with 2267 viewsWonTheCupin78

Would be great to have this as an option (but also retain the numbers of posts at the bottom so you can still see how many people actually commented on a news story).
Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 08:28 - Aug 19 with 2136 viewsSamWhiteUK

Equally, I was surprised when this didn't work. I don't read news comments too much, but there are some people who I'm sure are just obvious trolls and the comments would be better without them
Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 08:46 - Aug 19 with 2110 viewsvanmunt

Its good to look at different opinions than your own, however I really would like to ignore some people in the news section.. it's just blatant trolling and very annoying.
Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 10:23 - Aug 19 with 2061 viewsSuperCoops

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 18:44 - Aug 18 by WonTheCupin78

Would be great to have this as an option (but also retain the numbers of posts at the bottom so you can still see how many people actually commented on a news story).

Why would you need that? Surely your curiosity would then deduce someone you've blocked has posted and you'd end up unblocking them to read what they said because you want to read all the missing posts.
Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 10:26 - Aug 19 with 2054 viewsNazemariner

This is a terrible idea. Nobody would ever see anything that i type if this gets implemented.
Login to get fewer ads

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 10:33 - Aug 19 with 2041 viewstimothyeo

Surely easier to just, scroll past it? There's loads of things on the internet I don't like.
Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 10:41 - Aug 19 with 2026 viewsitfcserbia

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 10:33 - Aug 19 by timothyeo

Surely easier to just, scroll past it? There's loads of things on the internet I don't like.

If you're just scrolling past things how do you decide what to read and what not? There are some really reasonable smart/interesting comments but there are some that try and ruin the TWTD experience. And I surely am not the only one whose favourite place to visit online is here.

Semper fidelis!

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 10:47 - Aug 19 with 2008 viewsPinewoodblue

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 08:46 - Aug 19 by vanmunt

Its good to look at different opinions than your own, however I really would like to ignore some people in the news section.. it's just blatant trolling and very annoying.

I have the news section on ignore. No button involved just self discipline.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 11:20 - Aug 19 with 1968 viewsRyorry

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 10:47 - Aug 19 by Pinewoodblue

I have the news section on ignore. No button involved just self discipline.

I quite enjoy reading the comments - it's like secretly indulging in reading comics whilst eating junk food & drinking cola

Must also say there are often some excellent points made by sensible people there, amongst all the trolls & eejits.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 11:22 - Aug 19 with 1964 viewsGavTWTD

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 18:37 - Aug 18 by Ryorry

Any chance of being able to turn 'ignore' into a 2-way function so that the person you're ignoring isn't able to see your posts? Would be a massive improvement on the current one-way thing only, which doesn't do anything to improve the situation if someone's persistently sniping (or worse) at you & refuses to put you on ignore themselves.

If this happens then report it to us

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 11:44 - Aug 19 with 1935 viewsGavTWTD

I've now made that change. So ignore users if you don't want to see their news comments again.

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 11:46 - Aug 19 with 1924 viewsvanmunt

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 11:44 - Aug 19 by GavTWTD

I've now made that change. So ignore users if you don't want to see their news comments again.

Nice one, many thanks
Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 11:55 - Aug 19 with 1915 viewsitfcserbia

Wow, thanks Gav. You might have made it look too easy, watch weird requests now pour in.

Joking aside, thanks for understanding.

Edit: tested it, works, comment counter still counting all the comments but you don't see who you don't wanna see. Thanks again.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 12:00]

Semper fidelis!

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 12:00 - Aug 19 with 1891 viewsGavTWTD

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 11:55 - Aug 19 by itfcserbia

Wow, thanks Gav. You might have made it look too easy, watch weird requests now pour in.

Joking aside, thanks for understanding.

Edit: tested it, works, comment counter still counting all the comments but you don't see who you don't wanna see. Thanks again.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 12:00]

This might have the negative effect of reducing the number of downvotes a "stupid" post might get however, but we'll see how it goes.

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 12:08 - Aug 19 with 1860 viewsitfcserbia

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 12:00 - Aug 19 by GavTWTD

This might have the negative effect of reducing the number of downvotes a "stupid" post might get however, but we'll see how it goes.

Could be. But the up votes will remain unaffected and those make for a better reading (mostly).
Another side effect is seeing people tell someone to shut up and not seeing what for lol. But a lot more enjoyable reading throughout.

Semper fidelis!

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 12:10 - Aug 19 with 1852 viewsvanmunt

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 12:00 - Aug 19 by GavTWTD

Not naming names but the ignore works great, once again thanks for sorting it Gav.
Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 15:13 - Aug 19 with 1777 viewsJ2BLUE

The next thing that would be great is if we didn't see replies to people we have on ignore.

Think I messaged you about this a while back.

Willing to pay for the service if it's possible. There are some posters I would like to completely delete from my world.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 15:57 - Aug 19 with 1738 viewsEwan_Oozami

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 15:13 - Aug 19 by J2BLUE

The next thing that would be great is if we didn't see replies to people we have on ignore.

Willing to pay for the service if it's possible. There are some posters I would like to completely delete from my world.

I'm looking forward to when Gav implements the "Recommended for you...." function....the algorithm would make interesting reading I'm sure...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 17:05 - Aug 19 with 1683 viewsGavTWTD

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 15:13 - Aug 19 by J2BLUE

So, you put PersonA on ignore. PersonB has replied to PersonA, PersonC has replied to PersonB. D to C, E to D etc.

We currently hide the message from PersonA, but you want the whole thread from PersonB-PersonZ all removed from view?

Thread view probably works like that (or it could) but this isn't aware of the threads and would take some work to do. Not impossible mind, but it won't be on this version.

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 19:35 - Aug 19 with 1602 viewsJ2BLUE

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 17:05 - Aug 19 by GavTWTD

So, you put PersonA on ignore. PersonB has replied to PersonA, PersonC has replied to PersonB. D to C, E to D etc.

We currently hide the message from PersonA, but you want the whole thread from PersonB-PersonZ all removed from view?

Thread view probably works like that (or it could) but this isn't aware of the threads and would take some work to do. Not impossible mind, but it won't be on this version.

That’s what I meant yea.

I understand it would probably take some work and isn’t top of the to do list. Thanks for the reply.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 21:10 - Aug 19 with 1556 viewsKeno

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 19:35 - Aug 19 by J2BLUE

That’s what I meant yea.

I understand it would probably take some work and isn’t top of the to do list. Thanks for the reply.

I wonder what is on Phil’s do list?

Get hobnobs
Eat Hobnobs

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 20:59 - Aug 21 with 1419 viewsitfcserbia

Phil, Gav, about that ignore option... on 17:05 - Aug 19 by GavTWTD

Just FYI - you don't see a complete thread the person you ignored had started.

Any limit to the number of _____ you can ignore Gav? As it's growing steadily. One good thing about this winless run is I will filter out a lot of spam and enjoy TWTD more than ever right about after Wycombe. ;-)

Semper fidelis!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024