Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Formation too attacking away from home 17:07 - Aug 18 with 1009 viewshunty21

We have had 2 away game losses , does anyone feel our formation is too attacking away frkm home , I feel a 352 may provide better cover when we dont have the ball. At home we should stick to 4231
Formation too attacking away from home on 17:12 - Aug 18 with 984 viewsMullet

No. We’ve simply not made decent chances. Punish teams and you win games.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Formation too attacking away from home on 17:21 - Aug 18 with 953 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unlucky, that's not going to happen. Paul Cook uses 3 formations, they are;

and

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Formation too attacking away from home on 17:44 - Aug 18 with 911 viewsIllinoisblue

Formation too attacking away from home on 17:12 - Aug 18 by Mullet

No. We’ve simply not made decent chances. Punish teams and you win games.

Indeed. That for me is the biggest worry, we simply don’t create chances. A disturbing hangover from last season and one that Cook needs to fix sharpish.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Formation too attacking away from home on 17:53 - Aug 18 with 886 viewsjas0999

No. Bonne missing an open goal from a yard our doesn’t help.
Formation too attacking away from home on 18:36 - Aug 18 with 838 viewsmichaeldownunder

Not sure what formation we were playing.
At times it looked like 2-2-5-1, other times it was 4-2-3-1
But it still seems we are not playing with a true No. 10 in any of the systems leaving us very open in the middle of the park.
Formation too attacking away from home on 18:43 - Aug 18 with 828 viewsKeaneish

Created plenty last night. Should have had three or four but didn’t convert. It’ll come good; clean sheets are my main concern.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Formation too attacking away from home on 18:59 - Aug 18 with 785 viewsIllinoisblue

Formation too attacking away from home on 18:43 - Aug 18 by Keaneish

Created plenty last night. Should have had three or four but didn’t convert. It’ll come good; clean sheets are my main concern.

The goal and Bonne miss aside, what other chances did we create? (Not being snarky, genuinely don’t recall their keeper having to do much at all)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Formation too attacking away from home on 19:41 - Aug 18 with 741 viewsKeaneish

Formation too attacking away from home on 18:59 - Aug 18 by Illinoisblue

The goal and Bonne miss aside, what other chances did we create? (Not being snarky, genuinely don’t recall their keeper having to do much at all)

They cleared one off the line although that might have been in the run up to the goal. Edwards drove one into the side netting and an Evans header went not too far wide. Not sure how far Pigott’s self made that went wide was but there were a few. Agreed it could have been better but we creating.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Formation too attacking away from home on 20:19 - Aug 18 with 694 viewsMullet

Formation too attacking away from home on 17:44 - Aug 18 by Illinoisblue

Indeed. That for me is the biggest worry, we simply don’t create chances. A disturbing hangover from last season and one that Cook needs to fix sharpish.

Hmmmmm

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Formation too attacking away from home on 21:28 - Aug 18 with 607 viewspointofblue

For me the issue of our formation is the use of the number ten. Against Morecambe Chaplin played in the role, at Burton it was Barry and last night Bonne. But it weakens the midfield in turn; as they're more strikers than number tens it feels like we lose that connection from the midfield to the front line, resulting in gaps being left.

The annoying thing is we have one of the best number ten's in the division with Fraser but for some reason he's constantly being paid out wide, even though we have Barry and Dobra who can fulfil that role. I just hope we switch against MK Dons because otherwise we might look stilted again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Formation too attacking away from home on 21:32 - Aug 18 with 603 viewschrismakin

Formation too attacking away from home on 21:28 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

For me the issue of our formation is the use of the number ten. Against Morecambe Chaplin played in the role, at Burton it was Barry and last night Bonne. But it weakens the midfield in turn; as they're more strikers than number tens it feels like we lose that connection from the midfield to the front line, resulting in gaps being left.

The annoying thing is we have one of the best number ten's in the division with Fraser but for some reason he's constantly being paid out wide, even though we have Barry and Dobra who can fulfil that role. I just hope we switch against MK Dons because otherwise we might look stilted again.

I genuinely can't think of why he's out there. (Wide)

Seen some say we played narrow.. but it's still not the same
.he was the best 10 because the wingers he played with and strikers created spaces for him to play in..

Prime example his goal with Chaplin.. he's playing inside. Chaplin moves across.. creates a gap and fraser took advantage.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024