Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets 17:15 - Aug 18 with 1776 viewsIllinoisblue

The only mitigating factor I can see is that after he’s lifted the ball over the keeper the spin on the ball takes it slightly backward rather than sitting up for a nod-in or tap in.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 18:35 - Aug 18 with 1621 viewsWonTheCupin78

It'll probably be on those awful misses videos soon.

Happens sometimes. Other end of the pitch but can you remember that really awful miss from David Seaman after that back pass? Sometimes these things happen. I'm sure Bonne will put things right.
The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 22:45 - Aug 18 with 1483 viewsGuthrum

Part of the reason for that is you are sitting down, watching a two-dimensional video over and over again.

You haven't run 30 yards, pumped full of adrenaline, had the ball go not quite where you were intending (too high), then had to simultaneously watch the ball way up above you, the backpedalling 'keeper, the defenders rushing behind you and where the goal mouth is, before the bounce goes in an unexpected and inconvenient direction. You then have about half a second to make your decision and react, thus only one single movement.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 22:57 - Aug 18 with 1453 viewsHARRY10

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 18:35 - Aug 18 by WonTheCupin78

It'll probably be on those awful misses videos soon.

Happens sometimes. Other end of the pitch but can you remember that really awful miss from David Seaman after that back pass? Sometimes these things happen. I'm sure Bonne will put things right.

much like the one my ex wife was on

an awful missus video
The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 02:49 - Aug 19 with 1342 viewsIllinoisblue

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 22:45 - Aug 18 by Guthrum

Part of the reason for that is you are sitting down, watching a two-dimensional video over and over again.

You haven't run 30 yards, pumped full of adrenaline, had the ball go not quite where you were intending (too high), then had to simultaneously watch the ball way up above you, the backpedalling 'keeper, the defenders rushing behind you and where the goal mouth is, before the bounce goes in an unexpected and inconvenient direction. You then have about half a second to make your decision and react, thus only one single movement.

I knew it was my fault!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 08:07 - Aug 19 with 1146 viewsdissboy2

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 22:45 - Aug 18 by Guthrum

agree, not as easy as some think it was.You have to view it not as close range but from when he first lofts it over their keeper
The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 08:13 - Aug 19 with 1130 viewsMetal_Hacker

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 08:07 - Aug 19 by dissboy2

agree, not as easy as some think it was.You have to view it not as close range but from when he first lofts it over their keeper

To be fair he should have found the net WHEN he lobbed the keeper and this wouldn't have happened .Bad execution throughout - it happens but he should have scored from the lob

It was a bad miss regardless IMO

Poll: If it were one or the other

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 08:21 - Aug 19 with 1109 viewsKieran_Knows

I personally think there’s no excuse for it. Genuinely one of them easier to score than miss.

He scores that I’m sure we go on to win 3-0/4-0.

Hey ho.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 09:43 - Aug 19 with 1041 viewsN2_Blue

I never quite get why these types of things get analysed so much.

He missed. It was an exceptionally bad miss, It ultimately cost us the game. I expect he feels sick about it.

But it's done, he didn't mean it and 99 times out of 100 he scores it. But nothing can be done, changed about it etc.

What's the point in continually looking at it and looking for mitigating factors. Even if there was one it changes absolutely nothing. Pointless. I don't get it.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 9:45]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 11:46 - Aug 19 with 898 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 09:43 - Aug 19 by N2_Blue

He missed. It was an exceptionally bad miss, It ultimately cost us the game. I expect he feels sick about it.

But it's done, he didn't mean it and 99 times out of 100 he scores it. But nothing can be done, changed about it etc.

What's the point in continually looking at it and looking for mitigating factors. Even if there was one it changes absolutely nothing. Pointless. I don't get it.

Learning from your mistakes?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 11:47 - Aug 19 with 893 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Apart from what Guthers says above, the other mitigating factor which probably distracted him is he'd just dislocated his finger, according to Stuart Watson.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 11:53 - Aug 19 with 885 viewsnoggin

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 08:21 - Aug 19 by Kieran_Knows

I personally think there’s no excuse for it. Genuinely one of them easier to score than miss.

He scores that I’m sure we go on to win 3-0/4-0.

Hey ho.

Human makes mistake.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 12:02 - Aug 19 with 859 viewsernie

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 09:43 - Aug 19 by N2_Blue

Though he has a history of missing sitters. Type 'Macauley Bonne miss' into twitter and see what comes back.

Probably a concentration issue.
The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 12:05 - Aug 19 with 851 viewsElephantintheRoom

Although to be fair Sky rate it the worst miss ever - so it must have been pretty bad for them to cover something outside the Premier League

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 12:05 - Aug 19 with 848 viewsGuthrum

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 08:13 - Aug 19 by Metal_Hacker

To be fair he should have found the net WHEN he lobbed the keeper and this wouldn't have happened .Bad execution throughout - it happens but he should have scored from the lob

It was a bad miss regardless IMO

Agreed. That was the point where the miss actually happened. From the initial moment the ball went too high and not quite in the right direction, he was in trouble.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The more you watch the Bonne miss the worse it gets on 12:06 - Aug 19 with 845 viewsDinDjarin

I thought he was concerned about running into the post which is why he didnt fling his head at it when it sat up to be headed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024