Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heard on the podcast... 22:57 - Aug 18 with 5773 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...that Cook did that thing where he didn't shake any of his players hands as they came off.

Is that right?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Heard on the podcast... on 22:59 - Aug 18 with 4300 viewsITFCBlues

Jesus christ, people like to make a really big deal over very little don't they?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Heard on the podcast... on 23:03 - Aug 18 with 4272 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Heard on the podcast... on 22:59 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

Jesus christ, people like to make a really big deal over very little don't they?

Not really.

They said it on the podcast. I watched the game on ifollow, I didn't see him ghost the players myself. So I was just checking if it happened.

I've made no reference to whether I think it's a big deal or not. I was just interested.

Heard on the podcast... on 23:03 - Aug 18 with 4263 viewsOsborneOneNil

Heard on the podcast... on 22:59 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

It’s almost like the cretins want us to fail.
Heard on the podcast... on 23:08 - Aug 18 with 4226 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Heard on the podcast... on 23:03 - Aug 18 by OsborneOneNil

It’s almost like the cretins want us to fail.

Really? I think everyone on here wants Town to succeed. It's kind of a given of being a fan isn't it?

Again I was asking if it happened, not venturing an opinion on whether it was a big deal, good or bad.

Heard on the podcast... on 23:21 - Aug 18 with 4169 viewsGeminiblue

Cook said himself in a recent interview that he likes to come out first before the players and acknowledge the crowd etc. He then said he gets off the pitch as soon as the match finishes and essentially leaves the players to it, to take any plaudits etc. He doesn’t like to hang about once the final whistle goes. Who’s to say he doesn’t wait in the tunnel to shake everyone’s hand there, I really think we are over analysing every detail atm.
Heard on the podcast... on 00:16 - Aug 19 with 3992 viewsJ2BLUE

So we really have no idea if this happened or not and even if it did, it's not like he was going to ignore them was it? The shaking hands thing is way overblown.

What we do know for certain is that when he subbed Bonne he took the time to have a kind word with him. We know that because Brenner made a point of it while I was watching the match.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Heard on the podcast... on 07:11 - Aug 19 with 3541 viewsitfcjoe

Does he normally do that? Can’t say that I’ve noticed whether he does or doesn’t yet

I don’t think many players or staff went across to fans after, if any, which is always a bad look away from home for me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Heard on the podcast... on 09:07 - Aug 19 with 3202 viewsOsborneOneNil

Heard on the podcast... on 07:11 - Aug 19 by itfcjoe

Does he normally do that? Can’t say that I’ve noticed whether he does or doesn’t yet

I don’t think many players or staff went across to fans after, if any, which is always a bad look away from home for me.

Most came part way over, but just 3 or 4 properly engaged. The player that clapped longest, and meant it, was Holy!
Login to get fewer ads

Heard on the podcast... on 10:14 - Aug 19 with 3046 viewstimothyeo

Yeah for me that's a much bigger deal than if Cook shook the hands of players or not
Heard on the podcast... on 10:53 - Aug 19 with 2974 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Heard on the podcast... on 23:03 - Aug 18 by OriginalMarkyP

Not really.

They said it on the podcast. I watched the game on ifollow, I didn't see him ghost the players myself. So I was just checking if it happened.

I've made no reference to whether I think it's a big deal or not. I was just interested.

haha, yes, you have no agenda here and aren't just looking for another negative... you're just "interested". Yawn.

I'm sure all this energy you use to find problems could be used for something constructive instead.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Heard on the podcast... on 11:10 - Aug 19 with 2901 viewsSeablu

Wise man. I wouldn’t want to shake their hands whilst they’re coming off either.
Heard on the podcast... on 11:14 - Aug 19 with 2864 viewsMrTown

He does that every game, nothing to see here.

Waits by the tunnel to shake oppositions hands out of respect.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Heard on the podcast... on 11:17 - Aug 19 with 2843 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Yep, he done it last season when we lost and has done it this season. Think its just to shake the oppositions hands
Heard on the podcast... on 13:14 - Aug 19 with 2712 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Heard on the podcast... on 10:53 - Aug 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

haha, yes, you have no agenda here and aren't just looking for another negative... you're just "interested". Yawn.

I'm sure all this energy you use to find problems could be used for something constructive instead.

I don't have an agenda.

Christ. People don't have 'agendas' on football messageboards. This is a chatroom not the frickin Politburo, you crazy crazy person.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 13:17]

Heard on the podcast... on 15:13 - Aug 19 with 2492 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Heard on the podcast... on 13:14 - Aug 19 by OriginalMarkyP

I don't have an agenda.

Christ. People don't have 'agendas' on football messageboards. This is a chatroom not the frickin Politburo, you crazy crazy person.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 13:17]

Are you new here?

Oh yeah, you are actually. Yep, I'm afraid TWTD has seen lots of agendas over the years, and I'm not the only one in this thread to think you have one, you crazy crazy person.

Heard on the podcast... on 15:17 - Aug 19 with 2462 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Heard on the podcast... on 15:13 - Aug 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

Are you new here?

Oh yeah, you are actually. Yep, I'm afraid TWTD has seen lots of agendas over the years, and I'm not the only one in this thread to think you have one, you crazy crazy person.

New here?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Are you some kind of performance art project?

Heard on the podcast... on 15:24 - Aug 19 with 2441 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Heard on the podcast... on 15:17 - Aug 19 by OriginalMarkyP

New here?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Are you some kind of performance art project?

I take that as a compliment.

But yeah, you are pretty new compared to most, so I'll let you off.

Heard on the podcast... on 15:34 - Aug 19 with 2403 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Heard on the podcast... on 15:24 - Aug 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

I take that as a compliment.

But yeah, you are pretty new compared to most, so I'll let you off.

You are obsessed by this idea of new. I'd love to be new, but alas I have been around for years.

Here's a link to blog I wrote on Twtd. The date will show it's almost 10 years ago.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/blogs/20209/[blog]-an-ordinary-fans-view-on-being-an-ordi

I'm sure if you can be bothered there's a way to go back through my previous posts to find my first one (if records go back that far), I have no idea when it was but it was a good few years before that blog.

New. You are funny!

Heard on the podcast... on 15:44 - Aug 19 with 2355 viewsJ2BLUE

Heard on the podcast... on 15:34 - Aug 19 by OriginalMarkyP

You are obsessed by this idea of new. I'd love to be new, but alas I have been around for years.

Here's a link to blog I wrote on Twtd. The date will show it's almost 10 years ago.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/blogs/20209/[blog]-an-ordinary-fans-view-on-being-an-ordi

I'm sure if you can be bothered there's a way to go back through my previous posts to find my first one (if records go back that far), I have no idea when it was but it was a good few years before that blog.

New. You are funny!

Christ, what changed?

When did you stop being an ordinary fan and become such a drama queen?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Heard on the podcast... on 15:46 - Aug 19 with 2352 viewsTractorFrog

I am sure if he did do that it wasn’t a conscious decision. Cook has insisted that the fans give him time and he should similarly give his players time. It is far too early for acts like that and Cook knows that.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Heard on the podcast... on 15:47 - Aug 19 with 2345 viewsitfcjoe

Heard on the podcast... on 15:46 - Aug 19 by TractorFrog

I am sure if he did do that it wasn’t a conscious decision. Cook has insisted that the fans give him time and he should similarly give his players time. It is far too early for acts like that and Cook knows that.

I spoke to Seb and he did do the petty thing he did a couple of times when we lost last year and shake the opponents hand and just ignore his own players walking off the pitch

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Heard on the podcast... on 15:54 - Aug 19 with 2305 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Heard on the podcast... on 15:46 - Aug 19 by TractorFrog

I agree. I just found it odd they mentioned it on the podcast. I'd say on balance they're pretty pro-Cook and to mention it as they did 'highlighted' it.

I can't imagine he'd do it at this stage, and certainly not with any 'agenda'.

It is funny on here at the moment. Asking a simple honest quesiton about something that you heard in a podcast gets you 5 down votes (1 from a board admin I might ad?!?) and gets your motives and integrity torn at by one of the boards self-appointed attack dogs.

It was a simple question FFS. All these serial 'calm downers' perhaps would be best served by taking a little of their own advice.

Heard on the podcast... on 15:56 - Aug 19 with 2286 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Heard on the podcast... on 15:44 - Aug 19 by J2BLUE

Christ, what changed?

When did you stop being an ordinary fan and become such a drama queen?

I'm not a drama queen.

I say what I see with honesty. Other people seem intent on bringing their own drama to other people's comments. Which is interesting from a psychological perspective.

Heard on the podcast... on 16:13 - Aug 19 with 2196 viewsRomeo4

Heard on the podcast... on 15:47 - Aug 19 by itfcjoe

I spoke to Seb and he did do the petty thing he did a couple of times when we lost last year and shake the opponents hand and just ignore his own players walking off the pitch

I don’t see this as an issue as he does it most games. Win lose or draw. If you watch the end of the “Town in 5” video from the itfc site you can see he did it at the Morecambe game. Just think he pays respect to the opposition rather than greeting his own players who he can obviously see in the changing room straight after.
Heard on the podcast... on 16:22 - Aug 19 with 2165 viewstimothyeo

Heard on the podcast... on 15:47 - Aug 19 by itfcjoe

I agree its a bit petty and unusual but at the end of the day if we're winning this doesn't even get noticed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024