Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacko 09:59 - Aug 19 with 1747 viewsWallingford_Boy

So last season, when we were as bad as any Ipswich side in modern times, Kayden Jackson was nowhere near good enough (according to 99% of Town fans).

This season, we've signed 16 players, a large percentage of them, attacking players. A decent squad now, sure we have a couple of injuries (as per), but still plenty of strength in depth.

We are struggling against a newly promoted side in the league, we need to make a change.... the exciting and direct Dobra? Nope. The silky Carroll, to unlock the defence? Nope. Coulson, an attacking wide player? Nope.

We bring on Jacko.

Can someone explain? I really don't get it.

He wasn't good enough last year, got stuck in the bomb squad, now he is suddenly back on the pitch.

I can only think its in a desperate attempt to get him in the window so we can sell him before the end of the month.

Unless anyone thinks he is suddenly playing like Messi at Playford Road?

RIP Sir Bobby

Jacko on 10:09 - Aug 19 with 1656 viewsbilllm

Poor managment, should have left bonne on or mixed it up brought dobra on he offers more,
Jacko on 10:14 - Aug 19 with 1626 viewsSteve_M

Yes, Jackson was definitely the biggest problem on Tuesday night.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jacko on 10:17 - Aug 19 with 1609 viewsOsborneOneNil

Literally no idea, Wally.

IMO we should have brought Dobs on at 65/70 mins when we started to fade, and taken Fraser off. Possibly even looked at Carrol for fresh legs in the middle. Having said that, we’ve no idea how match fit Tom is.
Jacko on 10:18 - Aug 19 with 1599 viewsBlueBadger

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm enjoying your apparent volte-face on Jackson here, Wallers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jacko on 10:25 - Aug 19 with 1550 views44_not_out

‘So last season, when we were as bad as any Ipswich side in modern times’

Just a reminder, this squad has taken one point from Morecambe, Burton and Cheltenham and lost to Newport Res in the cup.

Just saying
Jacko on 10:26 - Aug 19 with 1550 viewsimalwayswrong

Jacko on 10:14 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

It only works for Jackson when the opponent plays a high line and we put the ball over the top for him to run into space. When he played against Newport he played as the target man which was doomed to failure from when Lambert tried it over and over and got the same output.
Jacko on 10:28 - Aug 19 with 1534 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jacko on 10:18 - Aug 19 by BlueBadger

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm enjoying your apparent volte-face on Jackson here, Wallers.

I assume thats sarcasm?!

I think its pretty well known my views on Jacko, even when he was playing and scoring!

I've just got a whoosh haven't I?!

RIP Sir Bobby

Jacko on 10:29 - Aug 19 with 1531 viewsWallingford_Boy

I wouldn't say that, he wasn't on for long!

My point was, away from the team situation, what has he done to get back in favour.

Any ideas?

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Jacko on 10:29 - Aug 19 with 1526 viewsitfcserbia

Maybe trying to show him a bit before transfer window closes? I haven't heard anyone asked about him all summer tbh.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Jacko on 10:31 - Aug 19 with 1507 viewsGarv

Considering that our chances of getting anything out of the game hinged on the changes we would make during the second half, he sort of was, by default.

It was odd. We ended the game chasing an equaliser with Louie Barry and Jackson up front.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Jacko on 11:10 - Aug 19 with 1375 viewsGuthrum

Confused me, too. I did wonder if he'd been brought on to add some pace out wide, but that wasn't where he was playing. Not sure he even got a touch of the ball while he was on.

Unless he has "done a Dobra" and forced his way back into the picture by enthusiasm and good training.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Jacko on 11:16 - Aug 19 with 1337 viewsSouperJim

I believe Jackson was an attempt to capitalise on counter-attacking opportunities which had started to present themselves in the wake of Tozer's long bomb. We had a couple of situations just prior to his inclusion where sheer pace may well have created a goal scoring opportunity.

It was a tactical decision. One that turned out to be utter pony, but I think a desire for pace is what got him onto the pitch.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Jacko on 11:20 - Aug 19 with 1315 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jacko on 11:16 - Aug 19 by SouperJim

I believe Jackson was an attempt to capitalise on counter-attacking opportunities which had started to present themselves in the wake of Tozer's long bomb. We had a couple of situations just prior to his inclusion where sheer pace may well have created a goal scoring opportunity.

It was a tactical decision. One that turned out to be utter pony, but I think a desire for pace is what got him onto the pitch.

He can't be faster than Dobra?!

(Who can also kick the ball a bit too).

RIP Sir Bobby

Jacko on 11:49 - Aug 19 with 1261 viewsSouperJim

Jacko on 11:20 - Aug 19 by Wallingford_Boy

He can't be faster than Dobra?!

(Who can also kick the ball a bit too).

I think for sheer straight line speed Jackson is one of the most rapid players in the country.

Not saying I agree with the substitution, just I think people are looking for a hidden reason for his inclusion which probably doesn't exist.

Jacko on 11:55 - Aug 19 with 1234 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Jackson was poor last season, but name me a Town player who wasn’t.

He was decent the season before though. Personally I think that he still has something to offer at this level, especially with Norwood injured.

Poll: Our final position

Jacko on 11:56 - Aug 19 with 1229 viewsElephantintheRoom

I think Cookie has been watching Ted Lasso

In all honesty, if you dont think Jackson hasn't got more about him that Cookie's journeymen wannabees up front, you havent been watching.

It's more to do with last year's players thinking Cook is a complete pillock

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Jacko on 11:58 - Aug 19 with 1215 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jacko on 11:55 - Aug 19 by southnorfolkblue

Jackson was poor last season, but name me a Town player who wasn’t.

He was decent the season before though. Personally I think that he still has something to offer at this level, especially with Norwood injured.

As I've bored people with many times on here before, I do not rate him in the slightest.

Even in THAT amazing season, where he scored a few goals in the Autumn, he looked awful to me.

He is just not a finisher.

As a winger, maybe, but he cannot pass or cross either.

Maybe I am just not seeing it..

RIP Sir Bobby

Jacko on 12:07 - Aug 19 with 1173 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No one can explain it.

Zero chance that its a shop window thing.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jacko on 12:17 - Aug 19 with 1128 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jacko on 10:29 - Aug 19 by itfcserbia

Maybe trying to show him a bit before transfer window closes? I haven't heard anyone asked about him all summer tbh.

A manager desperate for a win will not be putting a player on just to put them in the shop window.

Madness.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jacko on 12:18 - Aug 19 with 1125 viewsSouperJim

Jacko on 11:58 - Aug 19 by Wallingford_Boy

As I've bored people with many times on here before, I do not rate him in the slightest.

Even in THAT amazing season, where he scored a few goals in the Autumn, he looked awful to me.

He is just not a finisher.

As a winger, maybe, but he cannot pass or cross either.

Maybe I am just not seeing it..

I concur, he's an aberration of a "footballer" who will never make it above this level.

Incidentally I heard a second hand anecdote from someone with connections within the club that in the wake of us signing Jackson, our scouts came in for considerable stick from their peers for us having paid real money for trampoline touch.

Incredible that just a year ago he was being linked with Birmingham, Bournemouth, Stoke and Coventry with £2.5m bandied about as the price tag. I'd be happy just to get back a few hundred thousand.

Jacko on 12:22 - Aug 19 with 1103 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jacko on 12:18 - Aug 19 by SouperJim

I concur, he's an aberration of a "footballer" who will never make it above this level.

Incidentally I heard a second hand anecdote from someone with connections within the club that in the wake of us signing Jackson, our scouts came in for considerable stick from their peers for us having paid real money for trampoline touch.

Incredible that just a year ago he was being linked with Birmingham, Bournemouth, Stoke and Coventry with £2.5m bandied about as the price tag. I'd be happy just to get back a few hundred thousand.

Was there any truth in clubs being interested?

Don't think we received any bids did we?

And certainly not anywhere near £2.5m!!

I said in May we'd struggle to get rid as no-one will pay a fee for him, just pay him off and get him away from the club!

RIP Sir Bobby

Jacko on 12:39 - Aug 19 with 1068 viewsSouperJim

Jacko on 12:22 - Aug 19 by Wallingford_Boy

Was there any truth in clubs being interested?

Don't think we received any bids did we?

And certainly not anywhere near £2.5m!!

I said in May we'd struggle to get rid as no-one will pay a fee for him, just pay him off and get him away from the club!

Yeah I'm not convinced there was ever anything in it, likely just his agent trying to drum up interest.

Jacko on 12:43 - Aug 19 with 1047 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Jacko on 13:00 - Aug 19 with 1015 viewsBlueNomad

One hoof out of defence for him to chase and possibly score and Cook would have been perceived as inspired and Jackie would have been a hero. I think PC was getting desperate because nothing else was working. I’ve seen Dons being described as the better option but he doesn’t have much of a scoring record.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024