Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes 11:20 - Aug 19 with 1262 viewscarlisleaway

Perhaps that is why he keeps pushing him on hoping someone will spot him, otherwise put him with the u 23s
What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:29 - Aug 19 with 1238 viewsGuthrum

Too difficult to say. Not only is it a matter of finding some club who wants him, but also persuading the player to accept a move which might involve dropping a level or taking a pay cut.

The latter may be the harder part of the process and constrain the options available in the former.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:35 - Aug 19 with 1221 viewsitfcjoe

If he is playing and involved in the first team it will only be because Paul Cook thinks it will help the first team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:35 - Aug 19 with 1209 viewsEly_Blue

Given how much he touched the ball on Tuesday (did he actually touch the ball) then he hasn’t done himself any favours

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:36 - Aug 19 with 1204 viewsHerbivore

I suspect we could see him go out on loan once others are fully fit, which would be somewhat bonkers when we could just have let him go in the summer and not have been paying his wages for the past couple of months.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:42 - Aug 19 with 1169 viewsGuthrum

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:35 - Aug 19 by itfcjoe

If he is playing and involved in the first team it will only be because Paul Cook thinks it will help the first team

Indeed. He's hardly going to throw on someone he thinks can't do the job, just for advertising purposes, when the game is balanced at 1 - 1 and there is a furious battle for the next goal underway.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:47 - Aug 19 with 1131 viewstractorboy1978

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:36 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

I suspect we could see him go out on loan once others are fully fit, which would be somewhat bonkers when we could just have let him go in the summer and not have been paying his wages for the past couple of months.

You can see why they took the option though considering we had offers of around a million quid a year ago. Not inconceivable you could get £300k and from what I gather he's on a pretty standard L1 wage. Drinan looked more barmy and we somehow got a fee for him.
What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:52 - Aug 19 with 1104 viewsHerbivore

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:47 - Aug 19 by tractorboy1978

You can see why they took the option though considering we had offers of around a million quid a year ago. Not inconceivable you could get £300k and from what I gather he's on a pretty standard L1 wage. Drinan looked more barmy and we somehow got a fee for him.

We got about £10k for Drinan didn't we? And he'd have been on no money at all. I'm not sure why we thought in a depressed market off the back of a bad season we'd get a six figure fee for Jackson. I said as much at the time.

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:56 - Aug 19 with 1088 viewstractorboy1978

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:52 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

We got about £10k for Drinan didn't we? And he'd have been on no money at all. I'm not sure why we thought in a depressed market off the back of a bad season we'd get a six figure fee for Jackson. I said as much at the time.

What has keeping Jackson cost us though? About £2-£3k a week for the past couple of months - it's chicken feed. I suspect he will end up out on loan or gone for a nominal fee - even if he goes for £50k we haven't lost anything.
Login to get fewer ads

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:57 - Aug 19 with 1079 viewsSitfcB

He must be doing something right in training but from what I’ve seen of him so far this season he’s a waste of a place on the bench.

Think he touched the ball once on Tuesday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 12:01 - Aug 19 with 1055 viewsHerbivore

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:56 - Aug 19 by tractorboy1978

What has keeping Jackson cost us though? About £2-£3k a week for the past couple of months - it's chicken feed. I suspect he will end up out on loan or gone for a nominal fee - even if he goes for £50k we haven't lost anything.

It's just a pointless exercise. Extend his contract, stick him in the under 23s, struggle to offload him, continue to pay a player we don't want. At best we take a small loss from it. Just didn't make any sense to me.

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 12:06 - Aug 19 with 1026 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Given Cook's absolute desperation for a win at present, I would be amazed if he gave someone game time to put them in the shop window.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 12:21 - Aug 19 with 982 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 12:01 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

It's just a pointless exercise. Extend his contract, stick him in the under 23s, struggle to offload him, continue to pay a player we don't want. At best we take a small loss from it. Just didn't make any sense to me.

Part of me thinks that they just did it so that they could put a sell on clause in any sale, to prevent any potential future embarrassment.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 12:52 - Aug 19 with 905 viewsHerbivore

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 12:21 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Part of me thinks that they just did it so that they could put a sell on clause in any sale, to prevent any potential future embarrassment.

Possibly, although he's 27 or 28 now isn't he? He'd have to have an absolute blinder of a season at this level to command the kind of fee where a sell on is worthwhile. In 2019/20 I think only two players in the league contributed more combined goals and assists than Jackson and we got offered a million for him that summer. He'd have to go some to be worth much more than that again at his age.

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 13:04 - Aug 19 with 865 viewsitfcjoe

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 12:21 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Or maybe have more control where he ends up - i.e. not at a direct rival

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 13:05 - Aug 19 with 860 viewsElderGrizzly

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:35 - Aug 19 by itfcjoe

And he is our only fit striker not in the first XI
What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 13:09 - Aug 19 with 838 viewsjayessess

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 11:52 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

IIRC, Phil said there was no fee for Drinan or Hawkins.
Leyton Orient haven't sold a player for cash in a while, absolutely no reason they'd have cash, even £10k to hand. Plenty of strikers who wouldn't command a fee knocking around too.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 14:48 - Aug 19 with 687 viewsJ2BLUE

What are the chances of Jackson being moved on before the transfer window closes on 13:09 - Aug 19 by jayessess

IIRC, Phil said there was no fee for Drinan or Hawkins.
Leyton Orient haven't sold a player for cash in a while, absolutely no reason they'd have cash, even £10k to hand. Plenty of strikers who wouldn't command a fee knocking around too.

With Jackson and Drinan it might just be trying to get a sell on fee.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Jackson loaned to the Championship. An extra option for a Championship club. We've all seen what a change of scene can do for a player.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024