Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raab - sorry if old news 14:05 - Aug 19 with 1950 viewsLord_Lucan

I don't see a problem with him being on holiday but I just read that whilst on holiday he refused to take a call re Afghanistan issue.

I have never liked the bloke but this is off the scale. I mean, what is wrong with these people?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Raab - sorry if old news on 14:10 - Aug 19 with 1892 viewsMattinLondon

What’s wrong with them? Well for a start they lack empathy, understanding, morality, class and hold an extreme unwillingness to do the right thing unless there’s something in it for them personally.

They also have a belief that they can dress everything up in red, white and blue and they’ll get voted in again. Rather depressingly they probably will.
Raab - sorry if old news on 14:13 - Aug 19 with 1888 viewsitfcjoe

A bit in here about it - EG especially with a view from inside the FCO - basically stating that even on holiday you have to do your job

Really he should never have gone as this was obviously coming....

Also this re Johnson:
What his colleagues say: A Cabinet insider tells Playbook it was “apparent from Thursday, or Friday at the absolute latest” that Kabul was about to fall and that Raab should immediately have returned home. The prime minister held a COBR meeting on Friday and came under criticism for trying to take a staycation in Somerset on Saturday, before calling it off and heading back for another COBR on Sunday. But throughout the weekend Raab remained in Crete, with the Telegraph revealing that he spent at least some of Sunday on the beach. John Stevens says Raab eventually got a plane back late on Sunday night, arriving at Gatwick at 1.40 a.m. on Monday. A second Cabinet insider says: “It took him far too long to get home.” Playbook is told that view is shared by some senior officials in Downing Street.

A resigning matter surely? by bluelagos 19 Aug 2021 10:08
https://twitter.com/ThatTimWalker/status/1428109066501509121

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Raab - sorry if old news on 14:16 - Aug 19 with 1862 viewsSwansea_Blue

That seems to be the crux of it. Of course they are allowed a holiday, but the flip side seems to be they are also effectively on call and are expected to deal with any arising crisis. That they didn't see this coming and their poor response says a lot about the levels of competence in this particular govt.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Raab - sorry if old news on 14:32 - Aug 19 with 1818 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Raab - sorry if old news on 14:16 - Aug 19 by Swansea_Blue

That seems to be the crux of it. Of course they are allowed a holiday, but the flip side seems to be they are also effectively on call and are expected to deal with any arising crisis. That they didn't see this coming and their poor response says a lot about the levels of competence in this particular govt.

The doubly unfortunate thing is, of course, that by their own admission they DID see this coming.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Raab - sorry if old news on 14:39 - Aug 19 with 1773 viewsElderGrizzly

Raab - sorry if old news on 14:16 - Aug 19 by Swansea_Blue

That was my point to Joe on the other thread.

We are allowed holiday, but once you get to a certain level once the sh*t hits the fan you are expected to respond as part of a Critical Incident Management Plan. I've done that frequently.

Clearly as a Minister, the demand is even higher. He fecked up.
Raab - sorry if old news on 14:53 - Aug 19 with 1714 viewsSwansea_Blue

Raab - sorry if old news on 14:39 - Aug 19 by ElderGrizzly

That was my point to Joe on the other thread.

We are allowed holiday, but once you get to a certain level once the sh*t hits the fan you are expected to respond as part of a Critical Incident Management Plan. I've done that frequently.

Clearly as a Minister, the demand is even higher. He fecked up.

I'm also surprised some people seem surprised by that. It's not exactly rare to have to deal with an urgent situation when on leave; that's certainly been my experience in jobs that are obviously nowhere near the seniority as a cabinet minister/PM.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Raab - sorry if old news on 15:01 - Aug 19 with 1684 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Raab - sorry if old news on 14:53 - Aug 19 by Swansea_Blue

I'm also surprised some people seem surprised by that. It's not exactly rare to have to deal with an urgent situation when on leave; that's certainly been my experience in jobs that are obviously nowhere near the seniority as a cabinet minister/PM.

Depends what your job is. I've never had to deal with an issue while on holiday.
I appreciate some people would have to though.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Raab - sorry if old news on 15:15 - Aug 19 with 1641 viewsHARRY10

Raab - sorry if old news on 15:01 - Aug 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

Depends what your job is. I've never had to deal with an issue while on holiday.

Probably reflect the status you have
Login to get fewer ads

Raab - sorry if old news on 15:25 - Aug 19 with 1618 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Raab - sorry if old news on 15:15 - Aug 19 by HARRY10

Probably reflect the status you have

I have senior in my job title if that helps?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Raab - sorry if old news on 15:33 - Aug 19 with 1567 viewshatch

Raab - sorry if old news on 15:25 - Aug 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

I have senior in my job title if that helps?

Up to senior burger flipper now? Nice work!
Raab - sorry if old news on 15:39 - Aug 19 with 1544 viewsBlueForYou

Was it because he had no secure means of communication as he was in Crete on holiday? I have no idea but one would think some kind of secure device must accompany him on occasions like this?
Raab - sorry if old news on 17:55 - Aug 19 with 1349 viewsMattinLondon

Raab - sorry if old news on 15:33 - Aug 19 by hatch

Up to senior burger flipper now? Nice work!

That was a tap-in

Raab - sorry if old news on 18:03 - Aug 19 with 1326 viewseireblue

It is okay, he simply didn’t fully realise how important talking to other Foreign Government ministers was to being a Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs. Easy mistake to make.
Raab - sorry if old news on 18:12 - Aug 19 with 1285 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Raab - sorry if old news on 17:55 - Aug 19 by MattinLondon

That was a tap-in

Good job it wasn’t Bonne replying then

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Raab - sorry if old news on 18:38 - Aug 19 with 1216 viewsMattinLondon

Raab - sorry if old news on 18:12 - Aug 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Good job it wasn’t Bonne replying then

If he had….
Raab - sorry if old news on 20:11 - Aug 19 with 1122 viewsSeablu

Raab - sorry if old news on 15:01 - Aug 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

I can’t believe Haribo never had you on speed dial..
Raab - sorry if old news on 20:48 - Aug 19 with 1067 viewsDarth_Koont

Because our politics and crucially our media are shyte. And those who float to the top of the cesspool are self-serving scum.

We deserve much, much better from both as questions of competence, integrity and democratic representation are being entirely overlooked.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024