Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anglia TV not Digital? 11:11 - Aug 20 with 919 viewsChondzoresk

I tap channel 103 on my TV digital and I get Meridian Kent News and weather. Go back to tapping number 3 standard TV and get Anglia News and Weather. Am I just being thick, or isn’t Anglia digital yet? I live in Suffolk and assumed I would be just directed to my local digital channel.

Cheers in advance.

Anglia TV not Digital? on 11:24 - Aug 20 with 883 viewsRyorry

The single digit numbers are by definition (sorry!) non-digital & the triple-digit numbers digital. I guess this means that local news is still non-HD in some areas (like BBC North still is also).

If you think you've got problems tho, about a million of us in Tyne-Tees/BBC North have had no TV for 10 days, after the Bilsdale transmitter went up in flames (and Amazon firestick is awful btw, clumsy & takes several mins to navigate to the prog you want).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anglia TV not Digital? on 11:25 - Aug 20 with 875 viewsChondzoresk

Anglia TV not Digital? on 11:24 - Aug 20 by Ryorry

The single digit numbers are by definition (sorry!) non-digital & the triple-digit numbers digital. I guess this means that local news is still non-HD in some areas (like BBC North still is also).

If you think you've got problems tho, about a million of us in Tyne-Tees/BBC North have had no TV for 10 days, after the Bilsdale transmitter went up in flames (and Amazon firestick is awful btw, clumsy & takes several mins to navigate to the prog you want).

Ah, many thanks. Good luck with your transmitter.
Anglia TV not Digital? on 11:41 - Aug 20 with 851 viewsGeoffSentence

It is based in Norwich, therefore it is extra digital.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anglia TV not Digital? on 11:42 - Aug 20 with 849 viewslongtimefan

Anglia TV not Digital? on 11:24 - Aug 20 by Ryorry

Not completely true. All channels are digital in the UK now. Single digit channels are digital, but only Standard Definition. The triple digit channels are digital but High Definition. As you rightly say though some areas are still not blessed with HD facilities so use a different region on the HD service
Anglia TV not Digital? on 11:54 - Aug 20 with 822 viewsRyorry

Anglia TV not Digital? on 11:42 - Aug 20 by longtimefan

Not completely true. All channels are digital in the UK now. Single digit channels are digital, but only Standard Definition. The triple digit channels are digital but High Definition. As you rightly say though some areas are still not blessed with HD facilities so use a different region on the HD service

Sorry, yes, that's what I meant.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anglia TV not Digital? on 13:54 - Aug 20 with 727 viewsPendejo

On a similar tack... 101 BBC HD, when watching the news and it's time for BBC London, the screen goes red with a message stating this programme not shown in HD or words to that effect... Why?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Anglia TV not Digital? on 14:00 - Aug 20 with 718 viewsTractor_Buck

Anglia TV not Digital? on 13:54 - Aug 20 by Pendejo

On a similar tack... 101 BBC HD, when watching the news and it's time for BBC London, the screen goes red with a message stating this programme not shown in HD or words to that effect... Why?

Up to now the Beeb haven't had the funding to equip all of the regional news studios with HD broadcast facilities and the associated transmission equipment. They took the decision that either the whole regional news network went HD or not at all, so at the moment it's not at all, hence the bumper you see on BBC1 HD.

The funding issue has now been resolved and the work is going to go ahead so Look East, BBC London, MIdlands Today etc will all be in HD on the correct channel by the end of next year.
Anglia TV not Digital? on 16:52 - Aug 20 with 603 viewsBloomBlue

BBC London regional news isnt available in HD yet because the costs of transmitting in HD are a lot higher than normal digital so the BBC haven't moved their regional news programmes to HD yet
Login to get fewer ads

Anglia TV not Digital? on 17:02 - Aug 20 with 586 viewsBluespeed225

When we stay in Norfolk at Wells, we get Yorkshire/Humberside news!
Anglia TV not Digital? on 18:42 - Aug 20 with 536 viewsGeoffSentence

Putting in the infrastructure for HD is expensive. BBC budgets have been on the slide. Those regions that did not get HD early are therefore stuck with with SD.

On a side issue it irks me that whilst BBC money is put into production in scotland, Wales and, obviously London, the unfashionable English regions get ignored.

All we get produced round here is Look Fwcking Norwich.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024