Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) 12:18 - Aug 20 with 10409 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 12:20 - Aug 20 with 4456 viewssaffers12

I did but am losing faith a little
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 12:24 - Aug 20 with 4392 viewsBluefish

Based on his 20 games for Ipswich. I can't see how anyone could. I expect most are trying to persevere though in the hope he comes good

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 12:24 - Aug 20 with 4406 viewsWallingford_Boy

"not rate"?!

He is clearly a good manager, look at his track record.

Is he the right type of manager for us, right now? Possibly not.

But I still rate him and am 100% behind him, but yeah I have my doubts, as most Town fans will have I'm sure.

RIP Sir Bobby

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 12:26 - Aug 20 with 4407 viewsTractorCam

We're showing glimpses of quality this season, which is more than we were last season.

I do believe whilst we've still leaked at the back, we've lacked a bit of luck on an attacking sense, but are creating way more than last year. At the moment I do believe it will come good.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 12:26 - Aug 20 with 4399 viewsJamestownPrince

I did (still do), I am giving him until 10 league games in...
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 12:33 - Aug 20 with 4355 viewsSparky85

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 12:26 - Aug 20 by JamestownPrince

I did (still do), I am giving him until 10 league games in...

Same here. It is hard not to have doubts at the moment just looking at the results, but I said to myself I would give it 10 games this season with the new team and see from there.
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 12:42 - Aug 20 with 4302 viewsCokeIsKey

Given he took over when we were on the brink of playoffs and has since averaged 1 point per game over 20 games my faith in him is starting to dwindle.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 12:43 - Aug 20 with 4297 viewstimothyeo

I don't rate his performance since coming into our club, not even slightly.

I do rate what he's achieved before us though which is what i'm kind of relying on right now.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:02 - Aug 20 with 4216 viewsnodge_blue

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 12:24 - Aug 20 by Bluefish

Based on his 20 games for Ipswich. I can't see how anyone could. I expect most are trying to persevere though in the hope he comes good

I think it will be much fairer to rate him on the next 20. the previous ones were largely with a squad that was going out the door and then a new squad.

It does seem really premature to be saying he's no good when he has got 3 promotions and a name in the game for playing good football.

Even the Peterborough chairman said that with him in charge we finally have a manager that will get us promoted.

I quite like you. Always good value. But this early criticism won't help. Lets just give it more time.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:03 - Aug 20 with 4208 viewsIllinoisblue

He deserves a full season with this new squad to see what he can do. Top six is absolute minimum we should expect. But so far, he’s been average at best and that’s being kind.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:08 - Aug 20 with 4163 viewsHerbivore

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:03 - Aug 20 by Illinoisblue

He deserves a full season with this new squad to see what he can do. Top six is absolute minimum we should expect. But so far, he’s been average at best and that’s being kind.

We can't afford to give him a full season irrespective of performances though. What if we're bottom 6 in November or December? Do we continue to persevere with him knowing this season might be a write off or do we make a change and hope for improvement?

I'm sure it won't come to that, we have serious quality in the squad and Cook has a proven track record, but I can't get behind giving him a whole season as essentially a free hit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:08 - Aug 20 with 4163 viewsMaySixth

Thanks, this is very helpful.

Keep them coming.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:11 - Aug 20 with 4137 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

All you have to do is look at my posts last season to see the I was very strong in writing last season off and didn't put any blame on Cook.

However, from what I have seen this season, I am very concerned, and he needs to do better. Im very concerned about his coaching staff and the lack of experience it has, for me, he needs results and he needs them fast. These owners will not hang about if we don't win soon, regardless of what they say.

That being said, maybe everyone is right and this will click and when it does we will be very good.I have been at every game so far and have seen some good bits. I just want to win games and get out of this league, to do that, Cook needs to get some wins.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 13:12]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:15 - Aug 20 with 4109 viewsjas0999

I think he is a good manager, with a good record. But his record here is so far very poor. I hope it improves and quickly.
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:17 - Aug 20 with 4108 viewsitfcjoe

Hard one to answer - he's obviously a very good manager as has an excellent record.

But he's done nothing so far to suggest he is the man to take us forwards - but still early days.

I don't see the need to put a manager on a pedestal so early - he needs to earn the respect of fans for me, and will do so by putting some performances and results together.

WIth the squad we have, I expect that to happen quite quickly from here, and have little doubts we'll be there or thereabouts soon

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:22 - Aug 20 with 4061 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:17 - Aug 20 by itfcjoe

Hard one to answer - he's obviously a very good manager as has an excellent record.

But he's done nothing so far to suggest he is the man to take us forwards - but still early days.

I don't see the need to put a manager on a pedestal so early - he needs to earn the respect of fans for me, and will do so by putting some performances and results together.

WIth the squad we have, I expect that to happen quite quickly from here, and have little doubts we'll be there or thereabouts soon

You are a man who knows things Joe.

Paul Cook for me was the obvious choice after Lambert went (and the Cowleys) Do you think that Cook really was the first choice of the new owners/Hierachy ?

The reason I ask is, we have seen lots of quotes regarding patience etc, I can't imagine with the money that is being spent, that the owners will give Cook as long as some people suggest, especially if he wasn't actually the first choice.

I really hope Cook does get it right, because his teams are always good to watch when they get going.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 13:24]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:24 - Aug 20 with 4034 viewsBiGDonnie

I don't.

I think he monumentally fooked it up last season and has done little so far this season to prove me wrong.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:27 - Aug 20 with 4012 viewsBiGDonnie

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:02 - Aug 20 by nodge_blue

I think it will be much fairer to rate him on the next 20. the previous ones were largely with a squad that was going out the door and then a new squad.

It does seem really premature to be saying he's no good when he has got 3 promotions and a name in the game for playing good football.

Even the Peterborough chairman said that with him in charge we finally have a manager that will get us promoted.

I quite like you. Always good value. But this early criticism won't help. Lets just give it more time.

This is one of my issues. Why would he come in and tell everyone they're out when so much was still to play for. Maybe a more intelligent manager would have thought 'maybe I'll need these boys over the remaining 10/15 games, let's not fook em off just yet'?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:27 - Aug 20 with 4018 viewsGarv

I rate the fact that he's done a lot to improve our creativity and likelihood of goals being scored, on paper at least. Don't particularly rate his defence currently but we all know he's not got the personnel yet.

We saw a tedious number of 0-0s and 1-0s last season, so if they're starting to turn into 2-2s and 3-2s, great. Even if we keep conceding goals, if we can outscore teams then so be it!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:28 - Aug 20 with 4002 viewsKeaneish

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:17 - Aug 20 by itfcjoe

I agree but, the second half against Cheltenham has put me on edge a little. The lack of presence of mind to change it concerns me and when a side makes naive, tactical mistakes, it causes doubt.

I can handle fullbacks being caught out of position if we're showing attacking intent. What i cant accept is giving away needless throw-ins, which play to the opposition's strengths giving them a way back in the game.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:32 - Aug 20 with 3974 viewsbackwaywhen

Perhaps he misses Liam Richardson and cannot quite do it without him …… jury still out and let’s give him a bit more time , he obviously knows his football but not able to put the jigsaw together on the pitch , which is why Lambert ultimately failed after he lost Ian Culverhouse.
Keep the faith COYBs.
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:32 - Aug 20 with 3966 viewsHerbivore

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:27 - Aug 20 by Garv

I rate the fact that he's done a lot to improve our creativity and likelihood of goals being scored, on paper at least. Don't particularly rate his defence currently but we all know he's not got the personnel yet.

We saw a tedious number of 0-0s and 1-0s last season, so if they're starting to turn into 2-2s and 3-2s, great. Even if we keep conceding goals, if we can outscore teams then so be it!

They've mostly been 1-2s so far though. I'm not sure we are the creative force you suggest, we're not creating loads of chances by any stretch. The Morecambe and Cheltenham keepers barely had a save to make.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:37 - Aug 20 with 3938 viewsitfcjoe

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:22 - Aug 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

You are a man who knows things Joe.

Paul Cook for me was the obvious choice after Lambert went (and the Cowleys) Do you think that Cook really was the first choice of the new owners/Hierachy ?

The reason I ask is, we have seen lots of quotes regarding patience etc, I can't imagine with the money that is being spent, that the owners will give Cook as long as some people suggest, especially if he wasn't actually the first choice.

I really hope Cook does get it right, because his teams are always good to watch when they get going.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 13:24]

When Lambert left, and for a few months before there were 2 outstanding candidates for the job that were unemployed and within reach and that was Paul Cook and Danny Cowley for me - I personally preferred Cowley, but I couldn't really argue against those with Cook - but they were very much 1a and 1b.

The first choice was Michael Appleton, and with the way we've recruited this summer, I don't think it's too much to think that had we had the takeover earlier they'd have agressively pursued him and likely got him - but wasn't to be.

It's very difficult re patience - we assume the Americans won't be, but Ashton was incredibly patient with Lee Johnson - and the recruitment has been done for Paul Cook, on long contracts and we've gone all in backing him.....we need him to succeed, and so does Ashton

I think the club will be patient, I think he'll have to totally fail - and I don't see that happening - but none of us know how the new regime will be

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:46 - Aug 20 with 3884 viewsKeaneish

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:27 - Aug 20 by BiGDonnie

This is one of my issues. Why would he come in and tell everyone they're out when so much was still to play for. Maybe a more intelligent manager would have thought 'maybe I'll need these boys over the remaining 10/15 games, let's not fook em off just yet'?

Why's that an issue though? Our squad is infinitely better than it was last season and had last season's squad been promoted, we'd have had to replace half of it anyway seeing as 13 of them have dropped to lower leagues.

This is a non-issue for me. I'd liked to have seen better results at the tail end of last season but that squad had checked out well before Cook arrived and he knew it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:50 - Aug 20 with 3864 viewsitfcjoe

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:46 - Aug 20 by Keaneish

Why's that an issue though? Our squad is infinitely better than it was last season and had last season's squad been promoted, we'd have had to replace half of it anyway seeing as 13 of them have dropped to lower leagues.

This is a non-issue for me. I'd liked to have seen better results at the tail end of last season but that squad had checked out well before Cook arrived and he knew it.

The squad had just picked up 10 points in 4 games against fellow top 8-9 clubs - it's not right to say they'd checked out.

Lambert taking the backward step and Gill picking the team had lifted the spirits - we'd gone from boring passive passing football to a more direct game and had picked up results.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024