Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More meltdowns inbound then 16:55 - Aug 21 with 3540 viewsMediocre_Quick

Wasn’t a bad game, just crap errors, which is typical Ipswich, we go again next week with a full week of training and hopefully, the players getting to actually work and play together with no interruptions
More meltdowns inbound then on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 1947 viewsitfcjoe

More excuses inbound then

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More meltdowns inbound then on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 1943 viewsDanTheMan

The "meltdowns" might be due to us not winning a game yet.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

More meltdowns inbound then on 16:58 - Aug 21 with 1895 viewschicoazul

More meltdowns inbound then on 16:57 - Aug 21 by DanTheMan

The "meltdowns" might be due to us not winning a game yet.

Or due to Cooks ongoing a)incompetence or b)very bad luck over the last 20 odd games now.
Still, at least we didn’t lose.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

More meltdowns inbound then on 16:59 - Aug 21 with 1863 viewswkj

We're running out of time. One thing rings true under Lambert and Cook - we can't play for 90 minutes. We're a one-half-team right now, and we're out of time if we don't start winning before the end of the month.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:00 - Aug 21 with 1816 viewsITFCBlues

More meltdowns inbound then on 16:57 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

I know you're academy obsessed, but get Wolfy outta that defence and we'll be fine.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:01 - Aug 21 with 1793 viewsITFCBlues

More meltdowns inbound then on 16:59 - Aug 21 by wkj

We're running out of time. One thing rings true under Lambert and Cook - we can't play for 90 minutes. We're a one-half-team right now, and we're out of time if we don't start winning before the end of the month.

Running out of time.. 4 games in 😂😂😂

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:02 - Aug 21 with 1750 viewschrismakin

More meltdowns inbound then on 16:59 - Aug 21 by wkj

No side plays for 90 minutes, however individual errors have cost us

MK dons last season controlled games, even against Hull etc. We had the lead twice today, individual errors cost us the win.

No excuses needed, individual errors cost us.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:03 - Aug 21 with 1745 viewswkj

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:01 - Aug 21 by ITFCBlues

Running out of time.. 4 games in 😂😂😂

We are running out of time to get a winning mentality instilled in the team before morale starts getting impacted. We need that if we're going to mount a challenge. And yes, good teams play for 90 minutes.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:05]

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:04 - Aug 21 with 1721 viewsitfcjoe

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:00 - Aug 21 by ITFCBlues

I know you're academy obsessed, but get Wolfy outta that defence and we'll be fine.

Get Dozzell or Downes in for Evans (joke before anyone cries) …..he’s largely got away with the pass that led to penalty at Burton

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:04 - Aug 21 with 1717 viewswkj

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:02 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

No side plays for 90 minutes, however individual errors have cost us

MK dons last season controlled games, even against Hull etc. We had the lead twice today, individual errors cost us the win.

No excuses needed, individual errors cost us.

Good teams control football teams for longer than 45minutes. We're a one-half football team, and have been for many seasons.

Crybaby

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:05 - Aug 21 with 1688 viewschrismakin

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:03 - Aug 21 by wkj

We are running out of time to get a winning mentality instilled in the team before morale starts getting impacted. We need that if we're going to mount a challenge. And yes, good teams play for 90 minutes.

a booing stadium is a great way to boost morale lol

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:06 - Aug 21 with 1688 viewswkj

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:05 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

a booing stadium is a great way to boost morale lol

Am I advocating booing?

Crybaby

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:06 - Aug 21 with 1687 viewstimothyeo

I didn't see the game so won't comment on performances etc but the statistics tell at least half a story. We were at home and had less of the ball, created less chances and had less shots.

Not ideal
More meltdowns inbound then on 17:07 - Aug 21 with 1638 viewschrismakin

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:06 - Aug 21 by wkj

Am I advocating booing?

no and im not saying you are

My point being, a lots been said about a win will boost players morale.. absolutely agree

but booing certainly won't help the moral and imo could play a future part in that win being more difficult to come across

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:09 - Aug 21 with 1595 viewsITFCBlues

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:04 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

Get Dozzell or Downes in for Evans (joke before anyone cries) …..he’s largely got away with the pass that led to penalty at Burton

That'll be the Dozzell whipped off after 30 mins today? But he's top class because a Championship sides bought him?

Not sure what you can do currently. Individual mistakes continue to cost us. It's not like we're being ripped apart time and time again.

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:11 - Aug 21 with 1557 viewschrismakin

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:09 - Aug 21 by ITFCBlues

That'll be the Dozzell whipped off after 30 mins today? But he's top class because a Championship sides bought him?

Not sure what you can do currently. Individual mistakes continue to cost us. It's not like we're being ripped apart time and time again.

As Mills says, Evans won't try that again.

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:11 - Aug 21 with 1568 viewsChurchman

Bad players and bad teams make errors.

Four games played, no wins and two more points than we deserve. No excuses. This is 100% Cook’s mess. I still believe he should be given to the end of October to do something with this lot. He should also be left in no doubt that with higher standards expected, a relegation fight is not acceptable. Two goals conceded a game = relegation.

Perhaps some casting round/discussion for a replacement should begin. The new manager is going to need the next transfer window.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:15]
More meltdowns inbound then on 17:11 - Aug 21 with 1559 viewsGuthrum

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:03 - Aug 21 by wkj

A winning mentality will come very quickly once we start winning. It's fan morale which is more likely to become a problem.

That was at rock bottom during last season and most have been too disappointed by previous false dawns to completely trust the new ownership/manager/players to deliver. The results so far only serve to confirm people's inner (perhaps subconscious) suspicions that it will all turn to dust and ashes again.

That will soon transfer onto the pitch, with reduced attendances, subdued crowds and booing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:13 - Aug 21 with 1529 viewswkj

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:11 - Aug 21 by Guthrum

A winning mentality will come very quickly once we start winning. It's fan morale which is more likely to become a problem.

That was at rock bottom during last season and most have been too disappointed by previous false dawns to completely trust the new ownership/manager/players to deliver. The results so far only serve to confirm people's inner (perhaps subconscious) suspicions that it will all turn to dust and ashes again.

That will soon transfer onto the pitch, with reduced attendances, subdued crowds and booing.

I don't disagree with you. However, one thing super fans and moaners can agree with is that supporting town has been frustrating for far too long - and its getting to the point of desperation to see that start shifting.

Crybaby

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:15 - Aug 21 with 1501 viewsCoastalblue

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:13 - Aug 21 by wkj

I don't disagree with you. However, one thing super fans and moaners can agree with is that supporting town has been frustrating for far too long - and its getting to the point of desperation to see that start shifting.

At times like these I like to ask myself, what would marcus do?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:17 - Aug 21 with 1470 viewsCuffy81

More meltdowns inbound then on 16:57 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

Excuses for what?

How can you legislate for individual mistakes like that? A set piece and a shocking error had cost us today

I respect your opinion Joe, but your continual negativity is getting boring
More meltdowns inbound then on 17:19 - Aug 21 with 1436 viewschrismakin

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:17 - Aug 21 by Cuffy81

Excuses for what?

How can you legislate for individual mistakes like that? A set piece and a shocking error had cost us today

he;s already 'jokingly' mentioned dozzell, probably forgetting that occasion where he walked on the ball, gave the ball away and they scored.

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:20 - Aug 21 with 1426 viewsGuthrum

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:13 - Aug 21 by wkj

The problem being that desperation doesn't lead to clear thinking or patience. There starts to be an irrepressible urge to tinker - with teams, formations, coaches - and it rarely ends well.

The problem with our present sense of desperation is that it is founded on events before the current regime, manager and players arrived. Namely the sour end of McCarthy's time, followed by the disasters and shambles of Hurst and Lambert. There is the danger of jumping too hard upon Cook and his squad because of resentment which has been festering over several years. Giving them just four League matches to get things right before the booing starts.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:21]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:21 - Aug 21 with 1408 viewsITFCBlues

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:17 - Aug 21 by Cuffy81

Excuses for what?

Agree. He doesnt want to come straight out and say it as he'd had egg on his face if and when it turns around. But he clearly doesn't like Cook. He's moved on some of his mates at from Playford Road and also got rid of some deadwood academy products who didn't want to be here or who weren't good enough.

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:24 - Aug 21 with 1368 viewsOjc

More meltdowns inbound then on 17:11 - Aug 21 by Churchman

Bad players and bad teams make errors.

Four games played, no wins and two more points than we deserve. No excuses. This is 100% Cook’s mess. I still believe he should be given to the end of October to do something with this lot. He should also be left in no doubt that with higher standards expected, a relegation fight is not acceptable. Two goals conceded a game = relegation.

Perhaps some casting round/discussion for a replacement should begin. The new manager is going to need the next transfer window.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:15]

Agree 100% with this. And I don’t think the Americans will wait too much longer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024